It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bank of England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
How can George Osborne appoint a foreigner to run the bank of England?
It doesn't say much for us if we can't do our own maths!
We have been brainwashed all summer about how good we are as olympians, yet acedemically we are all shyte!!
Thanks George for your vote of confidence. You and your Government are nothing short of an embarrassment!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by happinness

How can George Osborne appoint a foreigner

isn't he canadian ? canadas head of state is the queen, isn't it ?
there are probably rules, who is allowed to be governor of the bank of england or not ?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by happinness
How can George Osborne appoint a foreigner to run the bank of England?
It doesn't say much for us if we can't do our own maths!
We have been brainwashed all summer about how good we are as olympians, yet acedemically we are all shyte!!
Thanks George for your vote of confidence. You and your Government are nothing short of an embarrassment!

I agree with the general thrust of this argument - I'm no Tory lover. However, this also goes some way to undermine the Gordon Brown hating idiocy the Tories propagated for the first 18 months or so: all this is a global problem. It's not down to Brown or Darling, it's a problem that has tentacles groping across most of the world. As such, it doesn't really matter where the solution comes from across the world: most developed countries are in the same boat: it's just a case of how good they are at hiding it or kicking it down the road.

Regarding academic ability. If there is a problem, I'd suggest that it's similar to problems within the NHS. All the dirty hospitals stories, financially inept hospital stories and so on, only appeared with PFI, part-privatisation and Trusts and so on. Schools and colleges have gone exactly the same way: PFI, part-privatisation, private sector competition in creating and delivering exams, courses and so on.

It's a pity that the Tories are so wedded to their 'private knows best' ideology that they can't admit this: instead they can only suggest that that the best 'medicine' is more of the same 'sickness'. Farcical.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Speculation : Money talks, pun intended, if you pay someone enough they will do what you tell them.

A friend in the UK told me that the media were saying it was a good appointment.
The opposition politicians were saying it was a good appointment.
And obviously this Osbourne was saying it is a good appointment.

When in the whole history of politics has someone never stood up and said 'Hold on chaps, I have an objection!'?

I suppose you could say that if they had chosen a Brit to do the job, then there is a chance he would do it with the interests of Britain in mind.

It seems a little bit odd.
edit on 27-11-2012 by OratoryHeist because: typo

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I am not knocking the Canadians, far from it! I just don't understand this twat!
The tories have been bragging all summer about how great we are and yet we aren't good enough to run our own bank!
Is he Canadian? All the Canadians I have ever met are super good looking. What happened to him?
If this Government carry on like this maybe we should invite President Obama to run for election over here.
I'd vote for him. He seems to be the only one with any sense.. Oh and loyalty!!!
This Goverment would sell their own Granny down the river!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

How about because of employment laws against discrimination? How about because he is one of the best suited people for the job?

As to our muppets already there, they were probably passed over because they still seem to think that QE is the way forward!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
British bankers have screwed this country over for donkey's.

If this guy is the best suited for the job and can help keep the UK economy and financial institutions ahead of the game then so be it, his nationality really shoudn't be an issue, blah blah blah.

Guess some people just find it more palatable being shafted by one of their own than they do by Johnny Foreigner.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Just another ex Goldman Sachs banker turned central banker, seems to be some pattern forming, especially in Europe.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
They say he is the best at what he does .Canada is doing fine economically , we even get people from all over the u.k to fill these jobs and the world. He has a level head and hasn't done anything to show he is a screw up , unlike the majority of retards running banks or parliament .

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I don't know, but it seems to me he is your new funny money man.
He is bringing that new high tech top secret laser printer we got. The plastic money one!
I guess its faster so they can try and knock down England/UK External Debt to GDP ratio and Public Debt to GDP ratio, 505 percent and 90.6 percent respectively.
World Debt Clocks World is Bankrupt
Money for nothin and their chicks for free. Central banker ,counterfeiter, thief.
I guess he is just better at it than the last bloke.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Why should you care what country he is from? whats that got to do with anything? Hes just the next shiester in line. Running the Bank of england (a private corporation), lending money to our sovereign government and charging interest on it! THATS THE PROBLEM. look into fractional reserve banking, you will quickly realise why we have been getting into more and more debt. The system is broken by design.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
He spent the last 13 years of his life working for Goldman Sachs, which is just as bad as J.P.Morgan Chase and the rest of the Rosthchild and Rockefeller empires, so in short, we are fu**ed now!

Seen this on the news last night, what a load of crap. So, yeah, now we got Britain's economy by the balls. All part of the plan you see!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Merriman thank you for your reply. I agree with your referal to Gordon Brown.
Poor sod got lambasted for being a bully and arogant, but I wouldn't have wanted his job!
I can't believe there are so many idiots in politics today. The tories are still blaming Gordon Brown and Labour for everything!
There are probably as many idiots in the Labour party. There is certainly greed, but I guess that is human nature.
Then again the general public should wake up. Why doesn't the chancellor give one of our own maths, economic wizz kids that have just got their
Degree a chance? Before they get corrupted by the smell of money and success. Then go on to run our banks for profit and greed.
Why don't the goverment think out of the box. Maybe its just me. The eternal optomiist, who needs glasses lol
Good luck to this Canadian guy, he must think it highly amusing!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Just another ex Goldman Sachs banker turned central banker, seems to be some pattern forming, especially in Europe.

I agree, all part of the plan.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by happinness
Merriman thank you for your reply. I agree with your referal to Gordon Brown.
Poor sod got lambasted for being a bully and arogant, but I wouldn't have wanted his job!
I can't believe there are so many idiots in politics today. The tories are still blaming Gordon Brown and Labour for everything!

My biggest problem with the Tories blaming Gordon Brown is that it's insulting to the rest of us, particularly those of us with memories. The Tories actually promoted themselves as willing to match New Labour's spending plans until 2009. Any accusations of profligacy are hypocritical, as is the idea that they didn't know what New Labour were actually doing until they got in office ('there's no money left). The Treasury Select Committee is a cross-party unit (includes Labour, Tories, LibDems and even Independents) that scrutinises what goes on in the Treasury. Tories were part of the Treasury Select Committee throughout New Labour's time in office.

There are probably as many idiots in the Labour party. There is certainly greed, but I guess that is human nature.

Unfortunately, there was a massive shift to the right with New Labour, it was a left wing party only in name: PFI, part-privatisation of hospitals, schools, prisons, introduction of ATOS &c as well as the 'light-touch' regulation of the banks and so on. Even much of their immigration policy was based on the same thinking as the Tories: good for business, but # the working class.

I'd suggest that much of New Labour's idiocy and the idiots in the party was related to their drift to the right.

Then again the general public should wake up.

They are not asleep: they're hypnotised. A right wing press - which accounts for the bulk of the media in this country - has basically told them that 'day is night' and got them looking in the wrong direction, distracted by fake news about celebrities and suggesting costume changes in X-Factor are more important than what's happening within the economy. Unless it's a story about benefit scroungers, of course, which will guarantee column inches.

Why doesn't the chancellor give one of our own maths, economic wizz kids that have just got their
Degree a chance? Before they get corrupted by the smell of money and success. Then go on to run our banks for profit and greed.

They were corrupted by the smell of money and success before the job, that's why they want the job. Many people on the Tory right believe it's their destiny to do the jobs they do, a birth-right. It's the only way to explain how some get the positions they do, particularly when the chancellor has no economic background at a time when half of our MPs seem to have a PPE degree (a combined Philosophy, Politics and Economics degree).

Why don't the goverment think out of the box. Maybe its just me. The eternal optomiist, who needs glasses lol
Good luck to this Canadian guy, he must think it highly amusing!

To think outside of the box would suggest that they believe there needs to be an outside of the box in the first place. Most of these people think the inside of the box is pretty nice as it is. They're raking it in at the moment. No need for change! Not a big story (strangely) but this is the week when our Chancellor pocketed 400,000 quid on the sale of his constituency house which was propped-up by tax-payers money.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Thank you Merriman Weir! I don't know whose side you are on, but count me in!
Your reply was amazing lol so true.

top topics

join