It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most stupid thing the Government has ever said. One item per post please. I will start

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

"There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead."

-Juliar Gillard

EHHHHHHHH! Wrong!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
"Too big to fail"

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
"We have money"

George A.Papandreou-ex prime minister of Greece,circa 2009....And we all know what happened next.

And the fun part is that the person that drugged Greece into the crisis,is currently teaching "Crisis control" in Harvard.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Even Reagan poked fun at it.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"
-Ronald Reagan

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It is now the US still leading, the entire rest of the world is about a lap behind. I thought there may be gems from WW2 but Winston only said really good things as far as I can find.

Meanwhile, back to Bush.

ROFL. He can win the contest single handed.

Ok, slight change of pace, Bush vs the rest of the world. 7 Billion vs 1 man surely he still can't win, can he?

P

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
"The future will be better tomorrow" - Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, former Brazilian President.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
"For 10 years we in the Tory Party have become used to Papua New Guinea-style orgies of cannibalism and chief-killing, and so it is with a happy amazement that we watch as the madness engulfs the Labour Party." Boris Johnson, Mayor of London

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
"We're here to help."

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Government and representatives of Governments say stupid things all the time so its tough to choose but this for me is a prime example of the art by a true exponent of the stupid statement .

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we,” Bush said. “They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
"You didn't build that!"

-Dar Asshat, 2012 (Obama)

The hell I didn't mr. president - the HELL I didn't! I don't recall receiving one iota of help from you. In fact, every 3 months you've stood there with you hand out for a share of my profit on the business I BUILT!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

fantastic "and nor are we"RATFLMFBO

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
We will bring the terrorists to justice; or we will bring justice to the terrorists. Either way, justice will be done
Bush Jr

Looks like the terrorist got there justice.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
Fool me once, Shame on...... Shame on you, a fool can't get fool again.

- George Bush

Thats my fav without a boubt

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I didn't see it (and admittedly some I did see are better) but anyone drop W's "strategery" in this thread yet? I'd hate for W to get misunderestimated here, and the US really could pad this lead a bit

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
"Yes we can"

vvv

CX

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I won't mention any names, but a first hand personal moment of "Just wow" came from when i was working in N. Ireland, and was showing an MP who was heavily involved in the whole N.I thing round the base. We came to the int cell where there were details of known and suspected terrorists and he said....."Ah, so you know where they live then?"

I could have gathered the entire base together for a mass face palm and it wouldn't have been enough.

CX.
edit on 27/11/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
"I didn't -- I swear I didn't -- get into politics to feather my nest or feather my friends' nests." Bush Jr., in the Houston Chronicle

I think Bush needs his own thread lol....

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
"I didn't -- I swear I didn't -- get into politics to feather my nest or feather my friends' nests." Bush Jr., in the Houston Chronicle

I think Bush needs his own thread lol....

Thanks to good ol' W (and some help of course), I think the US can win this with a margin of victory similar to Secretariat in '73 Belmont Stakes.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
"The world must be made safe for democracy. Its peace must be planted upon the tested foundations of political liberty."

-Woodrow Wilson, asking Congress for a declaration of war
April 2, 1917
edit on 11/27/12 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join