It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most stupid thing the Government has ever said. One item per post please. I will start

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
''Politics, noun. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.''

—Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"Just say NO" ~ Nancy Regan

Yes, that worked real well.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Almost anything by Boris Johnson is funny and witty but not necessarily stupid, so probably the wrong place to post.

How's about these from from him though?

"My speaking style was criticised by no less an authority than Arnold Schwarzenegger. It was a low moment, my friends, to have my rhetorical style denounced by a monosyllabic Austrian cyborg."

on Politics.....

"It is easy to make promises. It is difficult to keep them."

or (my favourite)....

"I am supporting David Cameron out of cynical self interest."

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

“I will defend Israel whatever the cost”. ~ Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper

I have never heard him say this about Canada.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Another Boris, and again, sadly, it makes sense......

"The dreadful truth is that when people come to see their MP, they have run out of better ideas."

And, not to leave daddy Bush out......

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
edit on 27-11-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
trickle down economics

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Dan Quayle...he's so easy, it's like shooting fish in a barrel, but...

"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."

"Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change."

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."

"May our nation continue to be the beakon of hope to the world." The Quayles' 1989 Christmas card.

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe."

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican."

"I love California; I practically grew up in Phoenix."

But the best one is this:

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/89

link   
george w bush ...
"The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." --Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007

link   
''Don't worry, it's a slam-dunk.''

—CIA Director George Tenet, reassuring President George W. Bush in 2002 on the case for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq

"Things are more like they are now than they have ever been" - President Gerald Ford (i think).
edit on 27-11-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

link   
I drank what?
- Socrates

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Uh, uh, Chuck Graham, state senator, is here. Stand up, Chuck, let ‘em see you. Oh, God love you. What am I talking about.
Joe Biden
To wheelchair-bound Missouri state senator, Charles Graham, September 9, 2008.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
goerge w bush...
"Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." --discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson in 2003, as quoted by Robertson

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
george w bush...
"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees." --on "Good Morning America," Sept. 1, 2005, six days after repeated warnings from experts about the scope of damage expected from Hurricane Katrina

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Another doozy from President Ford......

''There is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe.''

—President Gerald Ford, in a 1976 presidential debate with Jimmy Carter.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
"Most Americans have no real understanding of the operation of the international money lenders. The accounts of the Federal Reserve System have never been audited. It operates outside the control of Congress and through its Board of Governors manipulates the credit of the United States." -- Sen. Barry Goldwater in With No Apologies .

source : en.wikiquote.org...

F.T.G.

edit on 27-11-2012 by seasoul because: "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." -Gandhi

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
george w bush...
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." --Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
george w bush...
"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." --Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

"I know that human beings and fish can co-exist peacefully."

That's my favourite so far, thanks for splitting my sides!

Kaidan

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
"We care about the people" statements really get my goat!

"Fair Deal" would also be on my list!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join