I Miss My Dad

page: 1
17
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I know it's early for Christmas, but I was just wrapping gifts and thought of my Dad who always loved Christmas. He loved the music and family gatherings of holidays, all the laughter and love.

It's been 5 years since he passed away. I remember the first year without him thinking that instead of handing him a gift, I'd be leaving flowers at his grave. I couldn't imagine how that first Christmas would be without him. My Mom was married to him for over 50 years and was just beside herself with grief as we all were, but...we managed to pull together, knowing how much Dad loved Christmas and loved us all. We managed to have a nice and peaceful day inspite of our loss. We all knew that's what he would have wanted for us.

This year, my Mother saw a beautiful Christmas silk flower arrangement that I made for rmy home and asked if I would make a similar one for Dad's grave. I'm honored. My Mom says mine was nicer than some at the stores. I chose stems of red pointsetters, pine branches with pine cones and green leafy branches with berries. I will place a little birds nest with a feathered cardinal sitting in it and add a big beautiful bow. just have to find the right container.

I have a picture of him as a child in a navy suit. Funny that many years later he would join the navy.


My Dad was a great man known for his wonderful sense of humor, joy and wisdom. I miss you Dad and love you with all my heart.




posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star
 


Sorry for your loss. I lost my dad too, he was 46
our family has never been the same again.
It's good that your family stuck by each other.



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star
 


I'm sure he was a good man. I know it must be difficult. Christmas is a time for joy but also memory; all the good times that came before. Your father would have wanted you to be happy, to enjoy Christmas, like you say. So remember the good times and hold them in your heart. What he was for you, he will always be for you, because he gave love and guideance to you in your life.

You make beautiful crafts, Night.



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that.


I miss my Dad too sometimes, I keep his memory close....


SS



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star
 

sry for your loss
god i hope there right and we get to see our passed loved ones again when we die

..



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rumor21
reply to post by Night Star
 


Sorry for your loss. I lost my dad too, he was 46
our family has never been the same again.
It's good that your family stuck by each other.


Ah, 46 is way too young. I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish you peace.



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper2
reply to post by Night Star
 


I'm sure he was a good man. I know it must be difficult. Christmas is a time for joy but also memory; all the good times that came before. Your father would have wanted you to be happy, to enjoy Christmas, like you say. So remember the good times and hold them in your heart. What he was for you, he will always be for you, because he gave love and guideance to you in your life.

You make beautiful crafts, Night.

I do indeed hold those memories in my heart. Thank you!



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
Sorry to hear that.


I miss my Dad too sometimes, I keep his memory close....


SS


How long has it been for you? Yes, it is very important to hold those memories close. They are forever a part of us.



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by Night Star
 

sry for your loss
god i hope there right and we get to see our passed loved ones again when we die

..


Thank you! You know what? I believe that we will. I believe that we go on to a better place after we pass from here and that we will indeed be re-united with loved ones.



posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Ahh.. it's been 18 years for me now, and it is odd.. I've moved on a number of times in the last 18 years... still in my dreams, and remembered on birthdays and so on, tho...

feels so long ago, I was there when he just dropped and that was it, pretty much. no recovery, forensic coroner wanted to know why he died so quick from what appeared to be angina. right in the middle of the city too.

seems like yesterday sometimes..



posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I can't understand how you must feel, but I'm pretty sure your dad would be happy you guys have all stuck together. I'm sure he would want you to have a happy Christmas listening to all his favorite Christmas songs.

Have a great Christmas x.



posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star
 


i cant say ive been in your exact position, my real dad was MIA till i was 18 and hasn't been around much since and my step dad has always been a d*ck although i do call him dad, he has been around since i was 3, the loss i have experienced has been grandma and grandpa(papa), although when my grandma(nima) died when i was 10 or so, i never shed a tear, because i knew she was a great women with kindness in heart till her death and were ever she went after her death be it the ground or another place(afterlife) i knew she was ok. i felt weird at her funeral being the only one not showing grief, the neighborhood kids(my friends) seemed to be more heart broken than i was, and it always bothered me, i wondered if there was something wrong with me. as i got older i realized that there is a truth out there that not many want to accept when it comes to death of loved ones, and/or death in general. death comes for us all. and then i saw a scean in a movie and it all clicked. we all die, but its what we leave with our loved ones that will live on forever, so in a sense we never truly die. as my nima and papas words and love has been with me to this day, im sure your fathers words have done the same, and as long as you are here he will always be here.

the words in the movie "rejoice for those who transform into the force, morn them do not, miss them do not."

i know this is a scify movie, but those words that were said years later after my loss struck true with me and made me realize that death comes for us all, and any negative feeling we have over death will only hinder our life here and now. saying that i know how much my kids love me, and if i was gone from this earth they would be heart broken, i hope to be able to teach them the philosophy i have shared here on death when they are of age and hope that me dying will not affect them in a negative way.
chin up.



posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
Sorry to hear that.


I miss my Dad too sometimes, I keep his memory close....


SS


Hi Spike,

After reading you post above, tears welled up in my eyes at the loss of your Dad; I guess we all have our lessons learned and for me, they usually come the hard way. That being said...

I would sincerely ask that you would forgive me for thinking little of you from a reply you posted from a thread a couple days ago..stupid huh...but, at the time I read it I guess I took it wrong. I'm sincerely sorry and wish nothing but the best for you, always.

I wish you success in all you do in this life and that which is to come.

My mother passed away 4 years ago, and I'm not sure if this will help you but, when I'm alone, I still tell her in a normal tone of voice, "Still miss you mom...and wish you were here but, I know you're there in peace ..."

I have to go now because I can't the monitor .. but I hope that helps ..

~from the heart always ..

~Komodo



posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I know it's early for Christmas, but I was just wrapping gifts and thought of my Dad who always loved Christmas. He loved the music and family gatherings of holidays, all the laughter and love.

It's been 5 years since he passed away. I remember the first year without him thinking that instead of handing him a gift, I'd be leaving flowers at his grave. I couldn't imagine how that first Christmas would be without him. My Mom was married to him for over 50 years and was just beside herself with grief as we all were, but...we managed to pull together, knowing how much Dad loved Christmas and loved us all. We managed to have a nice and peaceful day inspite of our loss. We all knew that's what he would have wanted for us.

This year, my Mother saw a beautiful Christmas silk flower arrangement that I made for rmy home and asked if I would make a similar one for Dad's grave. I'm honored. My Mom says mine was nicer than some at the stores. I chose stems of red pointsetters, pine branches with pine cones and green leafy branches with berries. I will place a little birds nest with a feathered cardinal sitting in it and add a big beautiful bow. just have to find the right container.

I have a picture of him as a child in a navy suit. Funny that many years later he would join the navy.


My Dad was a great man known for his wonderful sense of humor, joy and wisdom. I miss you Dad and love you with all my heart.


**HUGS**

because they say most when you can't say anything else ..



posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Ahh.. it's been 18 years for me now, and it is odd.. I've moved on a number of times in the last 18 years... still in my dreams, and remembered on birthdays and so on, tho...

feels so long ago, I was there when he just dropped and that was it, pretty much. no recovery, forensic coroner wanted to know why he died so quick from what appeared to be angina. right in the middle of the city too.

seems like yesterday sometimes..




I guess if I were to die, going quickly would be best. Still, sad that we must lose loved ones no matter how they pass. My sympathies.



posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I can't understand how you must feel, but I'm pretty sure your dad would be happy you guys have all stuck together. I'm sure he would want you to have a happy Christmas listening to all his favorite Christmas songs.

Have a great Christmas x.


Oh yes, I am sure that he is happy that we have stuck together and we will have a happy Christmas. I wish you a great Christmas as well!
Thank you!



posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Night Star
 


i cant say ive been in your exact position, my real dad was MIA till i was 18 and hasn't been around much since and my step dad has always been a d*ck although i do call him dad, he has been around since i was 3, the loss i have experienced has been grandma and grandpa(papa), although when my grandma(nima) died when i was 10 or so, i never shed a tear, because i knew she was a great women with kindness in heart till her death and were ever she went after her death be it the ground or another place(afterlife) i knew she was ok. i felt weird at her funeral being the only one not showing grief, the neighborhood kids(my friends) seemed to be more heart broken than i was, and it always bothered me, i wondered if there was something wrong with me. as i got older i realized that there is a truth out there that not many want to accept when it comes to death of loved ones, and/or death in general. death comes for us all. and then i saw a scean in a movie and it all clicked. we all die, but its what we leave with our loved ones that will live on forever, so in a sense we never truly die. as my nima and papas words and love has been with me to this day, im sure your fathers words have done the same, and as long as you are here he will always be here.

the words in the movie "rejoice for those who transform into the force, morn them do not, miss them do not."

i know this is a scify movie, but those words that were said years later after my loss struck true with me and made me realize that death comes for us all, and any negative feeling we have over death will only hinder our life here and now. saying that i know how much my kids love me, and if i was gone from this earth they would be heart broken, i hope to be able to teach them the philosophy i have shared here on death when they are of age and hope that me dying will not affect them in a negative way.
chin up.


Beautifully said. Thank you!! I do believe that people pass on to something better.



posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
Sorry to hear that.


I miss my Dad too sometimes, I keep his memory close....


SS


Hi Spike,

After reading you post above, tears welled up in my eyes at the loss of your Dad; I guess we all have our lessons learned and for me, they usually come the hard way. That being said...

I would sincerely ask that you would forgive me for thinking little of you from a reply you posted from a thread a couple days ago..stupid huh...but, at the time I read it I guess I took it wrong. I'm sincerely sorry and wish nothing but the best for you, always.

I wish you success in all you do in this life and that which is to come.

My mother passed away 4 years ago, and I'm not sure if this will help you but, when I'm alone, I still tell her in a normal tone of voice, "Still miss you mom...and wish you were here but, I know you're there in peace ..."

I have to go now because I can't the monitor .. but I hope that helps ..

~from the heart always ..

~Komodo


Awwww, that was sweet. I recently apologized to a member too. I hope Spike forgives you hun. Sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm glad you know she is in peace.



posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo
 


Hugs back!!!!!!!



posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry about your loss but I'm happy that you have some great memories and that your family was able to pull through.

I think the flower arrangement that you are making for him sounds beautiful. I definitely believe that we will all be reunited "on the other side" and I definitely believe that your Dad knows how much you all miss him and love him and that he looks in from time to time to see how you are all doing.

Best wishes for you and your family.





new topics
top topics
 
17
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join