It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican mayor beaten to death

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
sad stuff.

I always said, make hard drugs worthless in money, by that you take away their powers.
We the west consume most of it and spending many many money to fight it (drug war) and we are for a big part a part of the problem.

Maybe the people over there, see this as a wake up call, maybe but I guess they just feel powerless or scared to fight it.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by artnut

I'm not saying all the US does is evil, not at all. And yes I agree evil is everywhere. But when it comes to this issue, if they wouldn't supply the cartel it would be much less of an atrocity. This has been going on way before Fast and Furious, I hope people understand this. The war on drugs is exceptionally profitable. And as many, not all, as many other wars they are supplying both sides. CIA with the heroine and the gun running. And the police force trying to stop all of it. Think about this. if they were not involved, don't you think the Mexican government would ask for assistance? They're all on the same team, IMO.
edit on 27-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Exactly, once those kinds of machines start rolling they're really hard to stop.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Has anyone weighed in on the fact that its all her own fault? She had three young daughters one of whom was present at the scene and will be traumatized for the rest of her life. I am sure that while she was alive during her heroic journey the children were in a constant state of fear. I blame her 100% for acting the part of a fool - good intentions notwithstanding. One would think that she watched too many American westerns like "Gunfight at OK Coral" and Wyatt Earp she' was not. Poor kids. Where was her husband in all this? Maybe he had better sense and "got outa Dodge!
edit on 27-11-2012 by Gregorian because: spelt a werd rong

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

This is very sad...

My brother was killed 2 years ago near Nogales Mexico just south of the Arizona border.....he was getting ready to marry a woman who we later found out, had a cousin in the cartel.......My theory was that they did not approve. It was very tough on my family. They did not allow us to bring his body back across the border.....

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle

I am almost sick to my stomach as I type this...

Look at this woman warrior, and try not to have the utmost respect for her...

She had already been attacked several times before the final stroke...

How is Mexico going to deal with these cartels if the bravest and best of their country keep getting murdered?

Anyway.....

Thoughts ATS

SS

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 033030p://pm3001 by Spike Spiegle because: I

"Woman warrior"? She was just doing what any mother worth her salt would do while trying to do what is right for her town.

Mexico is not going to deal with the cartels, except to keep taking their bribes. The mexican government is afraid of the drug cartels, because their government is so damned corrupt, they give in to terrorists who terrorize them in their own country, and rather then executing the druglord scum, they're on their payrole. You don't deal with Don Corleone, you put a bullet in his head and leave his body in the sun for the crows and the maggots.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
**** FOR THE LAST TIME ****

You will be Post Banned !!!

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Given the current state of reconnaissance technologies a real war on drugs would be winnable. Technology has improved exponentially since liquor prohibition failed. I'm sure there is a database somewhere that has a lot of information about drug traffic patterns based on communications, video links, recon photos and confidential informant interviews, its just not being used.

Apparently the people in charge feel that eliminating the underground drug economy would cause more problems (for them) than it solves? Perhaps keeping (felons/to be) organized and employed out on the streets selling recreational drugs is a control mechanism? We might need to be able the answer the question of what do we replace all that with? Not all kids enjoy government watching on ATS as a hobby.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SymbolicLogic
Send in the drones.

We've been watching these people with satellites for some time now...

I wonder how much longer until the M. Government asks for help and America sends in the Marines? These gangs are nasty no doubt; but something tells me they don't have anything to compete with AI controlled drones, satellites, and full MAGTFs.

You'd be suprised. They might not have fighter jets but everything else is available for money - and they have much money.

They also have a massive edge, if they're attacked then like any similar organisation they can melt into the populace, but they can kill the population surrounding them either by collatoral or purposeful action, without being seen as any worse - troops from either Mexico or the States or the UN couldn't.

It's an anomoly but reality, your's is imo very wishful thinking

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by christoph

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
The war on drugs should be ended TODAY. prohibition brought us the Italian and Irish mobs, remember? Prohibition creates these bloodthirsty mafias and YES the USA is to blame.

If the drug war ended today, the Mexicans Mafias would just move more heavily into human trafficking and other illegal activities like protection rackets and extortion. What, do you think these guys are just going to all quit being criminals and get a decent job at the end of the day?

i know the solution

2 words

predator drones
Yeah, right, predator drones. They don't always hit the intended targets only. But what's a little collateral damage huh? Sheesh!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by boymonkey74

I didn't mean like Iraq and Afganistan, those are obviously occupations. Use the CIA and FBI get the names of the drug lords and their labs and hideouts, shoot and bomb the hell out of them. The strategic way not the invading way, no need to bomb cities.
Use the alphabet boys to get names, and hideout locations? Are you kidding?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
That is messed up, but not exactly surprising since violence, intimidation, and threats appear to be the way things really work in this backwards world.

Need to end this pointless 'War', so hopefully the death count will cease.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You can arrest or kill mafiosos all day, but it wont resolve the root problem which is failed social and economic policies.

Get rid of the guy now, and the next replacement will happily step up because we are talking supply and demand, high risk high payoff black market economics here....

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
we're why this happened. we're the addicts who make these drug cartels flourish in their business endeavors. we all have this women's blood on our hands. war on drugs.? HA what i sickening joke. you won't see this in our news here in the us that's for sure. this is beyond sad and should be the straw that breaks the camels back here for something to happen but it won't, to many people make to much money so this will be buried never seen here.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'm grateful to live in Canada. This breaks my heart, the poor woman. Her child will be scarred for life. These gang members are animals and should be treated as such. I've never had any inclination to visit Mexico. I know gang violence happens everywhere but Mexico seems like a dangerous and sad place to me. Stories like this just makes my opinion of the country stronger. I feel sad for the people who live there and who have to endure this kind of life. Must be terrifying.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Here's some more info about people getting killed over the drug war in Mexico.

(CNN) -- A Mexican beauty queen was killed during a weekend shootout in Sinaloa, a northern state known for drug-fueled violence, authorities said Monday.

Maria Susana Flores Gamez, 20, was the 2012 Woman of Sinaloa. She was killed Saturday in a gun battle between military troops and suspected criminals in the municipality of Mocorito. Two others were also killed.

Sinaloa State Attorney General Marco Antonio Higuera said a rifle was found near the beauty queen's body, but it was not clear whether she had fired it. It was also not clear who shot her.

Source

This woman is very good looking as well. It is sad that this keeps happening. I have said it once and I will say it again, something needs to be done. I wish I had the answers.

ETA: Not sure if she was the target, but two women attacked and killed. These guys are cowards.

-SAP-
edit on 27-11-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join