It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bigfoot' DNA sequenced in upcoming genetics study

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

I read she released this because someone else was cutting in line on her...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Have fun, some of the best books ever written.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by auto73912621
reply to post by prevenge

Have fun, some of the best books ever written.

oh ya. bar none

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
Bigfoot is real (I've seen it my self)

Bigfoot may be real TO YOU, but this isn't about you, my friend. It is about validating the existence of a new and scientifically unknown species of animal. That requires more than just subjective visual stories by an individual or slew of individuals. It requires hard science and validated, objective proof. That's all the rest of the scientific community is asking for...

and it hasn't been found by most (our government is aware of them)

Of course....cause the gubernment knows everything. Sorry for the sarcasm, but vague, casual statements like that just really get under my skin. The government can't find a dozen or more well known & documented terrorists...you think they can find a species that isn't even proven to exist?

because they are at least as intelligent as us, if not more.

Again, how do you know they are intelligent at all? This is mere speculation simply because there is no definitive proof that they exist. i.e. you assume they are intelligent because they have evaded capture or providing us lowly humans with definitive proof. Assigning intelligence as a foregone conclusion before you prove existence is really kind of ass-backwards and illogical, no offense....

Further, statistically, half the human population can be considered "not that smart" (i.e. under the median IQ value). So how do you measure intelligence between species, especially an unknown one....?

Could you find a family of super green berets with the gifts bf had if they didn't want to be?

Again, this is a relative statement. Even green berets are not super human. They leave behind skeletons when they die and so on.... And I say this with the deepest respect (my father is a green beret)....
edit on 26-11-2012 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Interesting....where did you read that? Would you mind linking to it? I'd love to read it...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The professional thing to do however would have been to give a statement like this:

"Various news outlets have reported on remarks made by Igor Burtsev in connection with a research paper, authored by myself and (list of other authors) which is currently under peer review. At this time, we can neither confirm nor deny the claims made by Mr. Burtsev and we have no further comment until peer review has been completed and the paper is published. A news conference will be held on the day of publication and the interested members of the press will be informed of date and time of the news conference in due time."

That's how it's done. You don't go out and basically give away the key findings of your research in a press release before peer review is completed and the paper has been accepted for publication. If she truly has submitted the paper to a relevant science journal (such as "Nature"), she may have violated the Embargo rules of that journal and jeopardized the acceptance for publication.

But then again, I personally don't believe the whole thing anyways.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
in response to prior questions,

''Bigfoot may be real TO YOU, but this isn't about you, my friend. It is about validating the existence of a new and scientifically unknown species of animal. That requires more than just subjective visual stories by an individual or slew of individuals. It requires hard science and validated, objective proof. That's all the rest of the scientific community is asking for...''.

That's just as it should be.

''Of course....cause the gubernment knows everything. Sorry for the sarcasm, but vague, casual statements like that just really get under my skin. The government can't find a dozen or more well known & documented terrorists...you think they can find a species that isn't even proven to exist?''

Please refer to hr 3 of this radio program where Tim Baker refers to the govt killing one in afganistan and flying the body home, then tell me they don't know about the BF. Also learn about The National Security and Federal Lands Protection Act and tell me we don't have a unspoken policy regarding the BF. This was rolled out at the same time PM Harper withdrew the majority of policing in crown lands in Canada, coinciding with park closures.
www.blogtalkradio.com...

As far as intelligence there is evidence of tool useage and language. Both qualify as markers of a culture in anthro circles. Please refer to the MABRC forum in the researcher Nightwings thread, and the sierra sounds.

Here is the timeline of events in which all of this unfolded
www.cryptomundo.com...
edit on 26-11-2012 by Caver78 because: add info

edit on 26-11-2012 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caver78
reply to post by nv4711

this article by Roberta Estes, a geneticist.
dna-explained.com...

I gather you've been ''Ketchum Hater'' for quite awhile now, don't mistake her, for the idiots who previously surrounded her.

Caver, I'm not a Ketchum hater, I have no beef with her personally... I just don't like bad science, or pseudo-science masked as science.

You're linking to Mrs. Roberta Estes and you call her "a geneticist". She is not a geneticist and not trained in any of the relevant sciences that would pertain to the question of Bigfoot's existence.

From Mrs. Estes' web site:

About Me
Roberta Estes has been a professional scientist and business owner for 25+ years, (BS Computer Science, MBA, graduate work in Geographic Information Systems), as well as an obsessed genealogist since 1978.

So, she has a BA in Computer Science, majored in Geo Info Systems, and an MBA. That makes her a geneticist in your eyes? That she is an "obsessed genealogist", in other words documenting a person's ancestral lineage.? "Professional Scientist"... my behind... a scientist without even a masters degree? Please....

So she started a DNA lab and does DNA tests for people interested in their genealogy. BFD. Everybody can do that. Start a business, hire a few DNA technicians, or just farm out the actual testing and whoop you're done. Pretty much actually what Mrs. Ketchum did. At least Ketchum has a degree in veterinary medicine.

All that does not make you a Geneticist or a Scientist of any sort... this just makes you a business owner!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

ok...EPIC google-foo fail...my apologies...

I agree with you bad science is unacceptable but we have no evidence yet of that. Like with the cold fusion mess, or the God Particle it was announced and people waited to see the science, as we are right now.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

reply to post by nv4711

ok...EPIC google-foo fail...my apologies...

I agree with you bad science is unacceptable but we have no evidence yet of that. Like with the cold fusion mess, or the God Particle it was announced and people waited to see the science, as we are right now.

I guess we found some common ground. Let's see what the next few weeks bring. If Mrs. Ketchum does deliver the goods, in a scientifically acceptable presentation, I'll eat my words (printed on nice Office Depot ink jet paper) tape it and put the video here. :-)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Please refer to hr 3 of this radio program where Tim Baker refers to the govt killing one in afganistan and flying the body home, then tell me they don't know about the BF. Also learn about The National Security and Federal Lands Protection Act and tell me we don't have a unspoken policy regarding the BF. This was rolled out at the same time PM Harper withdrew the majority of policing in crown lands in Canada, coinciding with park closures.
www.blogtalkradio.com...

haven't heard the program. Don't listen to Tim Baker... But I'd be happy to give it a listen and then provide my feedback afterward...

As far as intelligence there is evidence of tool useage and language. Both qualify as markers of a culture in anthro circles. Please refer to the MABRC forum in the researcher Nightwings thread, and the sierra sounds.

I would argue that you need to prove existence of the species before you can assign traits to it. I can say all day long that I feel aliens are more technologically advanced and more intelligent than human beings.... But unless I can irrefutably prove the existence of aliens, then I have no scientific leg to stand on in proving traits about them.... It's all just speculation based upon a theory that they exist.....pure conjecture.

Here is the timeline of events in which all of this unfolded
www.cryptomundo.com...
edit on 26-11-2012 by Caver78 because: add info

edit on 26-11-2012 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the added info.... Good to know.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Wow, this is awesome! When did all of this come out? Is it 100% legit?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
reply to post by tetsuo

the Paulides video never mentions bigfoot as a factor in the disappearances. Is there evidence found in the investigation of the disappearances that hints towards bigfoot/sasquatch being involved?

Hi Tesuo,

I wanted to bring that quote by you forward because it is important.

No, Paulides never mentions Bigfoot, Sasquatch or Genoskwa, when speaking of missing people in our National Forests because he doesn't have to. Plenty of other people do that for him, as you discovered when watching that vid.

How convenient for Mr. Paulides; he is simultaneously the front man for what is probably the highest profile Bigfoot research group out there, North American Bigfoot Search, and the author of the Missing 411 books that are on fire right now.

And while speaking of missing persons in National Forests, he need not say one word about Sasquatch, his associations allow other people to tread that dangerous path of lunacy for him.

What a sweetheart deal, for book sales and his reputation.

I was hoping that others would catch on.

It is also suspicious that at this time when we are in the verge of revealing organized groups of pedophiles in high places, that there is all this fluff about Sasquatch stealing children.

This is a travesty of critical thinking, IMHO.

Have a good one.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Xoanon because:

Thx for the info. I am always suspect of people with converging/inseparable financial interests, however, I am also open to the idea that people like Paulides are just the brave/not-so-wise few who are willing to go all-out in support of their interests, and have found those interests to be closely connected to their careers.

Somebody needs to push the boundaries in every field, in every way, in order for progress to be made. Therefore, somebody needs to try to do so, despite the threat of imminent failure and irreconcilable damage to reputation.

Originally posted by randyvs
Hoping to make up for the fake I posted it took me sometime to find this one but this is one of the most genuine articles I could find of the existing Bigfoot footage. Besides Patty.

Notice that it is watching what ? Children. I think they see children as easy prey.
edit on 25-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Now THAT is a bigfoot video. Somebody else in the thread posted this video, implying this is the same family, but I don't know about that: www.youtube.com...

Anyways the one you posted is awesome, I enjoyed the analysis and comparison to other videos. Very cool. Gonna have to show that one to some skeptical friends.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Steve Alcorn claims he was able to "obtain a leaked copy of Melba Ketchum's DNA results". Alcorn says Bigfoot is real. "But there is more..." he says. Watch the video:

This just came in - Don't want to say much right now. But, make up your own mind. bigfootevidence.blogspot.com...

the End

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
reply to post by RUFFREADY

As a fellow scientist myself, I'd love to know why any legitimate scientist would dare to offer a press release before their data/paper has been independently validated. As many have already mentioned, that can only bring criticism and doubt to your work.

You can bet that Dr. Ketchum's entire career and credibility are now riding on validation of her press release. And if SHE didn't personally release this information....who did?

Hi!

It was this person who released the info Igor Burtsev
Dr. Ketchum Confirms Statement By Dr. Igor Burtsev Regarding Bigfoot DNA Results

As far as her "rep" she is a Veterinarian. She can work in that field no matter what.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I believe that this creature is real. I don't know if it is fully human, but I don't think it is just an animal either. Maybe it is like the Nephilim or giants of Genesis. Maybe they have been around a long time. They are very good at hiding but I don't know if it is a good idea to go looking for them. I think if a lot of people go looking maybe they will trigger something that can't be stopped. If more people believe in these things and look for them, maybe mankind will find a new enemy. Perhaps it is actually an ancient enemy? People go missing all the time. Could these be responsible?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

The people do analysis of a ton of videos and take it very seriously. I just posted it cause I felt the same as you do.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
reply to post by RUFFREADY

As a fellow scientist myself, I'd love to know why any legitimate scientist would dare to offer a press release before their data/paper has been independently validated. As many have already mentioned, that can only bring criticism and doubt to your work.

You can bet that Dr. Ketchum's entire career and credibility are now riding on validation of her press release. And if SHE didn't personally release this information....who did?

Hi!

It was this person who released the info Igor Burtsev

Dr. Ketchum Confirms Statement By Dr. Igor Burtsev Regarding Bigfoot DNA Results

As far as her "rep" she is a Veterinarian. She can work in that field no matter what.

Burtsev is not a "Dr."... he has no degree in anything.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Who cares? It was asked "who released the info.

I checked here for that (seems they call him Dr. also) :

"Reported earlier here at Cryptomundo, Igor Burtsev, Head of International Center of Hominology, announced the completion of Dr. Melba Ketchum’s project to sequence Bigfoot DNA. Dr. Burtsev continued on to say, “It is human like us only different, a hybrid of a human with unknown species…The hybridization event could not have occurred more than 15,000 years ago according to the mitochondrial data in some samples. Origin of this Hominin was probably Middle Eastern/Eastern Europe and Europe originally though other geographic areas are not excluded.”

Almost immediately Dr. Melba Ketchum responded on her Facebook page, “It is unfortunate that the partial summary of our data was released in this manner, however, I will be making a formal response in the next few days. Even though Igor Burtsev released this, it was not Dr. Burtsev’s fault.”

www.cryptomundo.com...

Anyway..carry on.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
reply to post by nv4711

Who cares? It was asked "who released the info.

I checked here for that (seems they call him Dr. also) :

"Reported earlier here at Cryptomundo, Igor Burtsev, Head of International Center of Hominology, announced the completion of Dr. Melba Ketchum’s project to sequence Bigfoot DNA. Dr. Burtsev continued on to say, “It is human like us only different, a hybrid of a human with unknown species…The hybridization event could not have occurred more than 15,000 years ago according to the mitochondrial data in some samples. Origin of this Hominin was probably Middle Eastern/Eastern Europe and Europe originally though other geographic areas are not excluded.”

Almost immediately Dr. Melba Ketchum responded on her Facebook page, “It is unfortunate that the partial summary of our data was released in this manner, however, I will be making a formal response in the next few days. Even though Igor Burtsev released this, it was not Dr. Burtsev’s fault.”

www.cryptomundo.com...

Anyway..carry on.

Who cares... that's the problem... Perhaps because there's a difference whether or not someone has an advanced degree in a field of science or is just a shmock talking out of his ass.

Here's the link to the fancy "International Center for Humanologie"...... puh-lease..

Link

edit on 26-11-2012 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join