Why are the Mayans not bovvered?

page: 1
4

log in

join

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So here we are one month pre-end of the world as predicted by the Ancient Mayans. The civilised world is full of fear about it.

And yet there are 7 million people who are descendants of the Ancient Mayans living in Central America.

"There are an estimated 7 million Maya living in this area at the start of the 21st century.[1] Ethnic Maya of Guatemala, southern Mexico and the Yucatán Peninsula, Belize, El Salvador, and western Honduras have managed to maintain substantial remnants of their ancient cultural heritage. Some are quite integrated into the majority hispanicized Mestizo cultures of the nations in which they reside, while others continue a more traditional culturally distinct life, often speaking one of the Maya languages as a primary language. "

en.wikipedia.org...

When I performed an internet search of how they are preparing for the end of the world I drew a blank.

The question is why are we worried about it and they are not?




posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thats because the Ancient Mayans did not predict the end of the world. Their callender just happens to stop before we go into our next astronomical age. Is it the age of aquarius next?



posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
edit on 23-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Bovvered or bothered?



posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well first I'd say the Maya are of a different way of life from the near fanatic 'need' of the civilized world to find new things to stress about ...and the more helpless we all are to change anything, the better it seems to be.


Second, as someone else noted....they don't have a big "The Earth Ends Here" stamped on their wheel. It's wide interpretation and always has been, as I've understood it. I give some weight personally because they aren't the only ones to have keyed on this general period of the underlying cycle the Maya were referencing. We'll see in less than a month. At least anticipation is almost over. ....Anticipation really can be worse.



posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
They are not bothered (bovvered? lol ) because as they see it this new age coming upon us is welcomed.

They look at it as a "great change" and not something to fear.

The MSM operates with fear and the people buy it hook line and sinker.



posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

The MSM operates with fear and the people buy it hook line and sinker.


Actually, the MSM are treating this as a bit of a joke. And so are "the people." It's just a few crazies like those who visit ATS who are taking this seriously. Except for the "conspiracy community" and a few New Age nitwits, everyone else is laughing that this whole idea is total nonsense.



posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
because they know that 21/12/12 is not the end of the world
it couldnt be simpler than that


the 'we' that you're referring to is largely internet sensationalism
there is no 'we'



posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
They are not bothered because their calendar, like all calendars, comes to an end and starts over.
Our Gregorian calendar repeats every seven years, theirs just goes a little farther out than that.
edit on 23-11-2012 by RedmoonMWC because: grammar



posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
So here we are one month pre-end of the world as predicted by the Ancient Mayans. The civilised world is full of fear about it.


The Mayan's never predicted the end of the world in 2012, it's just when the Mayan long count calendar completes a cycle.... keyword being cycle, it's why the calender is in a circular shape.


Originally posted by dr treg

And yet there are 7 million people who are descendants of the Ancient Mayans living in Central America.

"There are an estimated 7 million Maya living in this area at the start of the 21st century.[1] Ethnic Maya of Guatemala, southern Mexico and the Yucatán Peninsula, Belize, El Salvador, and western Honduras have managed to maintain substantial remnants of their ancient cultural heritage. Some are quite integrated into the majority hispanicized Mestizo cultures of the nations in which they reside, while others continue a more traditional culturally distinct life, often speaking one of the Maya languages as a primary language. "

en.wikipedia.org...

When I performed an internet search of how they are preparing for the end of the world I drew a blank.

The question is why are we worried about it and they are not?


Because they know that it's just a cycle... when our calendar hits the end of December, we don't all die .. we print a new calendar.. the Mayan long count calendar simply begins a new cycle / age.

Many of the modern Mayans probably don't even care about all of that.. They may be more interested in playing angry birds like the rest of us.. =) and some of them even are profiting off of the hysteria.
edit on 11/23/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Please if anyone can fix the title correct the word Bothered. I cannot believe that you guys are just letting that stay that way and the OP should learn to use spell check. That is a horror of our education system. Or someone needs their hearing checked if that is what they hear when that word is spoken.
End of rant.



posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ahrgh #e! I thought we all get light bodies and fly around the universe, and never have to wipe yer ass again......higher dimensionals dont eat......
And BO? thing of the past my man, thing of the past.



posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg
 



The question is why are we worried about it and they are not?


Because they are a third-world civilization today unlike their Mayan ancestors who had great knowledge.

The REAL knowledge of the Mayan 2012 prophecy has fallen on deaf ears….for most.



posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by dr treg
 



The question is why are we worried about it and they are not?


Because they are a third-world civilization today unlike their Mayan ancestors who had great knowledge.

The REAL knowledge of the Mayan 2012 prophecy has fallen on deaf ears….for most.





Yes, I agree, this is why they are not bovvvered



posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by youwillneverknow
 


is that supposed to be a new cool way to write that word? Like teh?



posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydrawolf

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by dr treg
 



The question is why are we worried about it and they are not?


Because they are a third-world civilization today unlike their Mayan ancestors who had great knowledge.

The REAL knowledge of the Mayan 2012 prophecy has fallen on deaf ears….for most.




Yes, I agree, this is why they are not bovvvered


Agreed

They aren't "bovvered" because they're oblivious!

They are a far cry (intellectually) from their ancestors....as are many Americans (especially those in the US of A).



posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What the heck is bovvered. I couldn't even concentrate on the opening post when I saw this word. If it is a word, isn't there a more common word to use, something that everyone can immediately understand?

Looked it up and it means angry (sort of)
edit on 23-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse
 

It's how somebody from London pronounces "bothered"



posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It`s the catch-phrase of the ex- English Prime Minister Tony Blair

edit on 24-11-2012 by dr treg because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There is one key factor to all of this. The Mayan calender is a circle. It has no end. We tend to think more linear because of our gregorian calendars. It is a marker of cyclic change.





top topics
 
4

log in

join


ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 95 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP8 - Season Finale!

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def