It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Activity more higher during night?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I was thinking perhaps UFO/Not from this world Flying objects would be more active in the sky's during midnight
although when we think about it this would make more sense & reason for ET/Intelligent Objects to stay under the radar.

What do you think?

~FK

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I suggest removing "more" from the title.

I know, it's early.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

No my thread.

So what do you think?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I think that more are sighted at night because there are more aircraft lights sighted at night.

I agree that the word 'more' should be removed, but like you said, it's your thread.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
okay.

I think the sun could perhaps be used to obscure the sight of a ufo without using a lot of it's energy... plus, perhaps some ufos use the sun's energy.

maybe they are active in the daytime too and are moving around a lot... and maybe at night they like to cruise around or hide, because you could see light from them easier.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FuriousKitty

I think that aliens, with all their supposed super advanced technology would be perfectly capable of "staying under the radar" during any time of day. I find that if there have been ufo's that are extraterrestrial in origin, and they make themselves known, then that is their intention. Perhaps they do it in an attempt to see how people react to them, or better yet, to see how our government handles their attempts to cover it up. A sort of experiment to judge how to best handle revealing themselves.

Like, what if they just want to keep doing little "test samples" here and there to see how our race has progressed, if at all, to reacting to their presence. They may want to make sure that our response wont be a violent or destructive one, not only to our selves, but to the planet as well.

In any case, perhaps your belief that they are more present during midnight is just due to the fact that they are more visible during midnight as apposed to the day time. May I ask why you chose midnight specifically? Why not 11pm or 1 am? Just curious.

Also, you might want to fix your thread title to either: More Ufo Activity During Night?....Or: Ufo Activity Higher During Night? Not trying to nitpick, just trying to help.
edit on 23-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I like your title. I like it when people defend their thoughts even when they're wrong.

Honestly though I think more ufos are spotted at night because it's just easier for us mere humans to see the pretty lights at night.

For some strange reason people believe that aliens who traveled a bajilllion million light years to get to Earth suddenly comply with the FAA policies concerning exterior lights on their space ship once they arrive. Really?

If I traveled to a new planet and discovered the natives were a bunch of hairy violent war prone neanderthals like Earthlings I would turn off the lights and fly as far away from that #ing planet as possible.

That's just me though.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
They fly a gazillion miles with technology clearly more advanced than us and yet decide to visit at night so they do not get seen but have lights on their underside so that they do get seen.

Utterly illogical.

The reason for more sightings at night is that humans can mistake pretty lights for anything !

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

If I traveled to a new planet and discovered the natives were a bunch of hairy violent war prone neanderthals like Earthlings I would turn off the lights and fly as far away from that #ing planet as possible.

That's just me though.

Haha, great way to put it.

Though, it could be one of two things:

A. The theory that I posted above.

B. Their modes of propulsion produce light. Light that is unavoidable.

I find the first one seems more likely. Just a thought.
edit on 23-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
people look skyward more at night .... starwatching... moongazing etc.... thus they notice more in they sky at night than during the day when most people seldom look up past eyelevel.....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
1. Satellites
Almost all satellites, except for a few Iridium Satellite flares, are more visible at night.

2. Venus
Venus could be very, very bright at night, and often low on the horizon -- and often viewed behind trees, which can give the illusion that it is moving around a little.

3. Planes with landing lights on.
A plane on approach (which could be 50 miles from the airport) will have a bright and non-blinking landing light on, and can be low in the sky. If the plane is approaching the observer, the bright landing light could appear to hover or move very slowly, even appearing to move from side-to-side.

I'm not saying these are ALL of the UFO sightings at night, but there is no doubt that these add to the overall number of UFO sightings at night.

edit on 11/23/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: sppellling

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If something is advanced enough to cross the vast emptiness of space i don't think they would be to bothered about radar. I also dont think they would need to come very close to the surface fo the planet to study us in anyway.

The simple fact is people are more likely to make mistakes in what they see at night. It makes it harder to identify anything in the air.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

A good list to start, but I would have added:

1) stars and planets besides venus
People are often very convinced that stars that twinkle different colors are "alien spaceships". Any bright star or planet can be reported as a UFO.

2) meteors - My experience is that most people who see meteors recognize them as such. Nonetheless, every time there is a bright bolide in the sky, the media will ALWAYS post a story like "What was that in the sky? A UFO?" and then go on to say that scientists believe it is a meteor.

3) Chinese/Thai "fire lanterns" - certainly are accounting for large numbers of "multiple UFO" sightings at night. Typically reported as orange or reddish orbs. When there are three orbs the witness will typically report in amazement that they "formed a triangle". They will often flicker and then disappear.

It is my opinion that the study of UFOs would be advanced by eliminating all reports that are simply:
1) Lights in the night sky, including all videos of the same

2) Photographs and videos of "anomalys" where the witness didn't observe "anything unusual". This tends to imply the anomaly is probably a totally normal object, like a bug or bird.

In other words about 99% of the stuff that gets posted on this site is "noise".

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I was thinking perhaps UFO/Not from this world Flying objects would be more active in the sky's during midnight
although when we think about it this would make more sense & reason for ET/Intelligent Objects to stay under the radar.

What do you think?

I think you should keep asking questions and don't be discouraged by some of our more assertive members.

People have been trying to make sense of the data and looking for patterns for decades. Quite a few of them have noticed an increase in reported sights occurring in the 11th hour so you aren't far off in your thinking.

A couple of years ago I posted a thread about these 11th hour sightings > Stalking the UFOs.

NARCAP
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35123d7604b7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

What do you think?

I think you should keep asking questions and don't be discouraged by some of our more assertive members.

People have been trying to make sense of the data and looking for patterns for decades. Quite a few of them have noticed an increase in reported sights occurring in the 11th hour so you aren't far off in your thinking.

But the whole point people are making is that the overwhelming majority of reported UFO sightings at night are common, totally mundane "light sources", especially what are essentially "point light sources". So unless you have a method of eliminating the bias of higher reports of "noise" that occurs at night, the data is basically useless, except to verify that most night sightings are in fact caused by totally mundane phenomena.

Yes, there is a reason that "UFO sightings" are "more higher" at night, but it would be highly premature to conclude that it is due to some real anomaly (or anomalies) that is/are primarily nocturnal.

edit on 23-11-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

A good list to start, but I would have added:

1) stars and planets besides venus
People are often very convinced that stars that twinkle different colors are "alien spaceships". Any bright star or planet can be reported as a UFO.

2) meteors - My experience is that most people who see meteors recognize them as such. Nonetheless, every time there is a bright bolide in the sky, the media will ALWAYS post a story like "What was that in the sky? A UFO?" and then go on to say that scientists believe it is a meteor.

3) Chinese/Thai "fire lanterns" - certainly are accounting for large numbers of "multiple UFO" sightings at night. Typically reported as orange or reddish orbs. When there are three orbs the witness will typically report in amazement that they "formed a triangle". They will often flicker and then disappear.

It is my opinion that the study of UFOs would be advanced by eliminating all reports that are simply:
1) Lights in the night sky, including all videos of the same

2) Photographs and videos of "anomalys" where the witness didn't observe "anything unusual". This tends to imply the anomaly is probably a totally normal object, like a bug or bird.

In other words about 99% of the stuff that gets posted on this site is "noise".

I can add a few more to the list.

1)Top secret military craft take the Lockheed SR-71 built way back in the 60s with an incredible speed of Mach 3, that's faster than most aircraft in today's skies..........with it super high altitude too it accounted for numerous "UFO" sightings.
You also have the Stealth fighter.........again numerous sightings labelled "UFO"
There are probably a large number of UFO sightings today which can be attributed to secret aircraft being tested today.

2) Natural phenomena in the atmosphere
Too many to mention but for starters, Sprites,Eleves,Ice Pillars, Blue Jets, Ball Lightening, Earth quake lights.........and many more that scientists haven't yet catalogued or studied.

3) Space junk........there is an amazing amount of space junk circulating our planet & some comes crashing back to Earth.

4)Missile tests........... most recently Russian Missiles which have created the much discussed "Spiral UFOs"

edit on 23-11-2012 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Aliens are around us day and night, they are always here as they have always been here

sometimes you get to see them

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

I can attest first hand to the idea of stars being mistaken for UFOs.

Several years back, a friend and I were walking back from the park at night where we were playing basketball. He looked up in the sky and start getting all excited about the "reddish flashing" UFO that was right before our eyes. I'm a bit of a stargazer, so I could assure him that what we were seeing was the star Arcturus. He was adamant that it could not possibly be a star because he claimed that stars don't "flash" like that.

However, what he called "flashing" was simply the star scintillating (twinkling). Granted, the scintillation effect was greater than normal, but it was not something I never saw before, either. I'm 100% sure it was Arcturus, because it was exactly where Arcturus should have been. I had to explain to my freind why I knew it was Arcturus -- showing him how to find Arcturus by "following the Arc" of the handle of the big dipper.

If it wasn't for me explaining this to my friend, he would have been convinced that he saw a flashing UFO, and maybe would have believed he saw an alien craft.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Box of Rain

Yes. I know what you mean. The first time I saw a really dramatically "scintillating star" was at dusk after coming out of a movie theater. It was flashing red and blue colors almost like a cop car. I was quite mesmerized. I thought on one hand it might be a star, but on another, I was sort of hoping it might be something more mysterious.

I later learned it was the former.

So I totally understand how people can get excited when they see this for the first time.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuriousKitty

What do you think?

~FK

Everyone can formulate a pet theory. UFOs don't care about radar. UFOs don't care about humans or their devices. We can't ignore them but they seem to ignore us.

I live in NYC and whenever I go out I scan the sky constantly. Even though I moved back from L.A. in 1987 it wasn't until 2004 that I had 3 sightings in a month's period. I always wondered why there weren't frequent sightings over the #1 most popular city on the planet. Also, I always knew that when the sky was overcast or covered with clouds that there wasn't a chance in hell that UFOs would be seen below the cloud cover. My first 2004 sighting was of UFO hauling above the clouds and visible during cloud breaks.

But to answer your question, sort of, one of my L.A. sightings was at night and the 3 UFOs I saw were not "active", they were "posing" as stars! When they hauled off one at a time, all of the radars on the planet would not have been a factor in their reality. If they "cared" as you would like to think, there would be no daylight sightings.

<<   2 >>

join