It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Activity more higher during night?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

But the whole point people are making is that the overwhelming majority of reported UFO sightings at night are common, totally mundane "light sources", especially what are essentially "point light sources".

Thanks, I'm aware of that.

So unless you have a method of eliminating the bias of higher reports of "noise" that occurs at night, the data is basically useless, except to verify that most night sightings are in fact caused by totally mundane phenomena.

Thanks, I'm aware of that too. Personally, I take the data as evidence that something unusual generates a percentage of the reported sightings. I also take the view that there is a pattern to the timing of the sightings and that the data isn't good enough to extend upon that view.

Yes, there is a reason that "UFO sightings" are "more higher" at night, but it would be highly premature to conclude that it is due to some real anomaly (or anomalies) that is/are primarily nocturnal.

It's 'highly premature' in your opinion and the OP is entitled to have their opinion too. They are also entitled to ask questions without members invoking inverted commas to poke fun at them - even though the fun is gentle.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I dont know if i would call putting things in inverted comma "poking fun at people". Its simply quoting text

Theres many phrases that people who make money off UFO books and videos that are continuously repeated over and over again that real just imply something extra terrestrial is going on rather than give an unbiased good description. "Orbs" is one that comes to mind, people sue the word orbs in a post and while they might actually be describing a round source of light its one of those words or phrases that really imply something of non earthly origin. UFO is another one. when people ask do UFO's exist? What are they really implying? Are they asking if people see things they couldn't identify at the time maybe because they to far away to see or are they implying visiting aliens.

People are entitled to their opinions so that goes for both sides of the argument.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hmm.. double post sry about that

edit on 24-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I would have to agree that paranormal activity is more active at night. All the ET experiences I've had (abductions, visitations) have been between 12 - 3 am, between the 25th and the 5th of the next month. Guaranteed (for me anyways).

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by berbishchanish
I would have to agree that paranormal activity is more active at night. All the ET experiences I've had (abductions, visitations) have been between 12 - 3 am, between the 25th and the 5th of the next month. Guaranteed (for me anyways).

"All the ET experiences I've had (abductions, visitations)" hearsay doesn't cut it in a court of law and it shouldn't anywhere else. Set up an intelligent security system and see if your alien friends are imaged.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join