It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shelookslikeone

Kicking and squealing gucci little piggy.

If you must, go out on this Saturday (Small Business Saturday) to shop and support a local business.
edit on 23-11-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I survived the gorilla shopping with my adult daughter ... geez I gotta say those people are crazy nuts! I'll never do that again. I about got knocked down after being #4 in line this morning at Home Depot over Christmas trees.
Its just not worth it folks! The fancy fake trees with lights where complete sold out within 3 minutes.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
OH. MY. GOD. I gotta save $10! Get outta my way you worthless [ censored ]! That's my crap!

I thought about going to Wal Mart, since it was open anyway and not doing so wouldn't change anything, to maybe pick up a game or two. Once I got there and saw how crazy parking was, my fat @ss just kept on driving while feeling sad for the human species.

It truly is disgusting... and for what, maybe $20 in savings that if you're careful you can probably find online sometimes before Christmas?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The new God of our society is materialism and corporatism... greed and selfishness. When the "stuff" hits the fan by way of the dollar collapsing, WW3, or whatever and there is no food on the store shelves, and gas is $10 a gallon what will they do? Answer: Come looking for it at YOUR house. Get ready

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well,I used to work in a shopping mall,and they really dont have sales to go crazy about, the trick is to raise the price 20 to 25 % a month or so before tnksgiving,and then lower it a the normal price....some places take off the sales tax ,but raise the price anyways to make it even......people dont pay attention and the pricing is always diffrent ,or the brand is not the one advertised,but the spur of the moment is powerful and in most cases the sales are final,some others have returns policies in gift cards..

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rocha123

I went to walmart.com and bestbuy.com just to check out these "special" black friday prices and couldnt help but to laugh.
They werent that great at all, an xbox 250gb h/d was 249 as apposed to 299, im not impressed at all. I can get one for that price at gamestop any day.
Its all a scam but at least no one was trampled to death this year.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This one is pretty bad people trampled at target

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Damn....

All this to save a buck, people are not sane. They don't even need the stuff they are being trampled over and fighting for.

Can you imagine how things will be when starving people sleep outside stores for sales on food and water. not a happy thought.

I will say though that things went a lot better than i thought they would. I thought Walmart workers were going to walk out and the zombies would see that as a reason to start looting which would become a reason to loot other stores until you had a nation wide rot lol. Nope just the usual trampling and squabbling so that a silver lining I guess.

The Rat.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

While that video was recently uploaded, it's actually from 2011's Black Friday.
I'm willing to bet there were plenty of similar incidents today, though.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Maybe everyone is looking at this in the wrong direction.... Maybe MOST of these people only have 200 dollars, and the only way they can get a new tv under 200 dollars is to fight and claw for it... People with money already have nice flat screen tv's... If this was the only chance for me to get a new tv that I wanted so bad that I could actually afford would I go hog crazy? No, but don't get mad and talk down to these people who can only afford a new tv with this special deal.. IN FACT.. The only way I would wait in line and fight for a tv if it was the only way I was going to get one..... have some grace people

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Sorry, did not notice the date.

I have seen in some videos one person taking 8 boxes. I think thats messed up, so no one else gets them.

The Target here, I heard was orderly and had no issues.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Kicking and squealing gucci little piggy.

If you must, go out on this Saturday (Small Business Saturday) to shop and support a local business.
edit on 23-11-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

this !!!!

I'm going saturday to my home town

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Why watch the Walking Dead on AMC when we can come watch you zombies here? LOL

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
And another video as Mark Dice bullhorns the zombies:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Now we know why Homeland Security ordered 450 million bullets.
Imagine what these people would be like after the SHTF and there's only 1 pallet of food at Walmart?

Small wonder other countries think we're crazy;
WE ARE.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
Maybe everyone is looking at this in the wrong direction.... Maybe MOST of these people only have 200 dollars, and the only way they can get a new tv under 200 dollars is to fight and claw for it... People with money already have nice flat screen tv's... If this was the only chance for me to get a new tv that I wanted so bad that I could actually afford would I go hog crazy? No, but don't get mad and talk down to these people who can only afford a new tv with this special deal.. IN FACT.. The only way I would wait in line and fight for a tv if it was the only way I was going to get one..... have some grace people

This is disgusting. You are basically saying if you want something really bad, it is ok to trample people to get it. If you don't have the money for a flat screen TV, then you don't need a flat screen TV. How about saving your money for a while and then you can afford it. Maybe go to a pawn shop, look in the classified ads. There are other ways to get things that you want, you don't have to fight to the death for a TV or a toaster. In my home if we can't afford a new (insert materialistic item here), we don't get one. That is the bottom line. I am not going to give up my integrity for a a material item. Have some grace.....and common sense!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

That video just supports my reasoning why I do all my Christmas shopping online. I don't care how cheap they sell something I would want, it's definitely not worth facing traffic jams, over crowded parking lots, crowds, long lines and people who are literally out of their minds.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Thats why I love ebay. I hate shopping period,lol

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread yet, but I watched the video and others like it today.

For the longest time, I never understood the draw of buying things in this manner. I look at this stuff and think, we don't really need it, The workers who made these products probably risked their health to make these things for low wages. In the end, the items will end up polluting in a landfill, whether or not the person receiving the item wanted it.

I'm the kind of person who likes to give and make thoughtful and needed gifts. Buying something this way doesn't make any sense to me. In the past, I'd look at these people with disgust, however, I'm not so sure anymore. I read an article today that showed me the minds of these shoppers. My conclusion is our society and these people need help.

This article "Why Must we Buy?" Tacoma News Tribune, is a reprint of an AP article written in Beaverton, PA.
It gives insight into the madness. Some key quotes:

They know shopping like this is wrong and they should be spending their time with family

They did not go blindly: In dozens of interviews, people acknowledged how spending has become inseparable from the holidays. Older folks pined for the days of Erector Sets and Thumbelinas while in line to pay iPad prices. Even some younger shoppers said it felt wrong to be spending money instead of quality time on Thanksgiving.

They feel material items are a way to show love.

Yet amid these protests, people still talked about feeling powerless beneath the moment - as if they had no choice but to shop. "You have to have these things to enjoy your children and your family," said Jackson's friend Ebony Jones, who had secured two laptops ($187.99 each) for her 7 and 11 year olds. ...
"It shouldn't be that way, but in a sense there's no way around it," said Jones, a nurse. "Everything ends up with a dollar amount. Even your happiness." ....

Retailers have long capitalized on the holiday season's perfect storm of emotion and tradition. "We all want to be loved, we all like to give love,"

Black Friday shopping is traditional and not something they want to change.

"You get up in the morning, cook, do your dinner and your football, then you go shopping," River said. "It's the new thing now. Everyone's afraid of change."
.... "Shopping IS the holiday. That's all people care about - what are you gonna get?"

It's a bonding experience.

Childhood friends Jesse Bredholt, Ryan Seech and a few other buddies have camped out at Best Buy for four years straight. This year, they arrived a full week early, with a tent, sleeping bags, deodorizing mist sprayer, propane heater and battery power for their gadgets.

They had no idea what they would buy. That was not the point

For this group of single men in their early 20s, part of a generation who mark the passage of time by their first cell phones and video games, the point is spending time with each other at the source of the products that have always defined their lives.

People have a sense of community and family from the shared experience.

Karen Jefferson, 49, also has found family on line at Best Buy, beyond her husband and three children. She was there Wednesday, seated on a folding chair, clutching a rolled-up circular. "I'm missing Thanksgiving, and my husband thinks I'm crazy," said Jefferson, who works at a mortgage insurance company. "But I do this every year . because I enjoy meeting people and the people that come when I do. I mean, you see the same people year after year. And I do get some very good deals."

If you re-watch the videos after reading this article, you can see people having fun - like it's a thrill and a bonding experience.

Somewhere along the way, we have lost our sense of connectivity. People have forgotten how to have shared experiences. To wait and then charge through a store greedily grabbing everything, like a child saying "mine, doesn't seem healthy. It does seem like they are obeying corporate masters who tell them what, when, how to buy. I find it sad that our culture has come to this. I think we need help to redirect our values away from greed, and more to compassion and generosity.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
There is not enough money in the world, nor is there anything in the world, I want/need that would make me do Black Friday anywhere but home or with family and friends.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join