It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
And it begins. [Snip] . Watch as they riot, fight and walk over each other for a toaster. More videos will come in I'm sure.

Can any other word be used to describe these people other than sheep? They act as if the stores are giving away these items. I dare say, you would have a more peaceful stroll through one of these stores during a looting!

Mod Edit: Please see Terms and Conditions of Use 15g.) Political Baiting. Thank you - Jak
edit on 23/11/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

how cheap was the products? omg.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

Just the opening 30 seconds of that video makes me want to cry. Seriously. Look at what we as a society have turned into. The once proud Americans that lead everything in the world from education to manufacturing... turned into this. It's sickening.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Excuse me,

Can you point out which ones are the " uneducated welfare drones", and not the educated business savvy type that wants to save some money this holiday season?

I think it is crazy that people act like this and personally it is not for me, but I find your attitude more sickening g than what I see in the video.

You are no better than anybody else......No matter how many times you say it to your self... .

So please tell me for a fact which people are the welfare recipients and which ones are the hard working people trying to save a Buck.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
And so it begins. The end of the world as we know it. Get ready TSHTF soon!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I want you to honestly look at these people in this video and tell me this is how a civilized society should act. That's all I really have to say to your comment. Is THIS what we strive for?

I am better than these idiots... because I don't fight people over a toaster.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by shelookslikeone

That video scares the hell out of me. I won't go anywhere on black friday. I went to walmart last night to return some things, and witnessed a group of women sorting through a large bin of $5 movies, and they were acting aggressive about it.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling
reply to post by shelookslikeone

That video scares the hell out of me. I won't go anywhere on black friday. I went to walmart last night to return some things, and witnessed a group of women sorting through a large bin of $5 movies, and they were acting aggressive about it.

This is what happens when you strip people of everything they have. Society literally collapses. Those $5 movies are the only things they have. We as a nation have double digit unemployment in many states, people being kicked out of their homes sleeping on the street, others buying their Thanksgiving turkey with food stamps ...and our Government gives billions a year to Israel and other foreign nations. EXCUSE ME, but shouldn't AMERICANS be taken care of first? Especially considering that this our OUR money we're talking about?

Like I said, when you strip people of everything they have, everything they've worked for... they cling to anything they can... like $5 dvds.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by shelookslikeone

I want you to honestly look at these people in this video and tell me this is how a civilized society should act. That's all I really have to say to your comment. Is THIS what we strive for?

I am better than these idiots... because I don't fight people over a toaster.

I didn't see anybody shoot anyone in this video, was someone stabbed at this store? It seems pretty civilized to me and it looks like they are having a little fun. Seriously what is wrong with that?

Everybody strives for their own personal reasons or "things". What you think is right is not what everybody thinks is right.

I would like to fill you in on a little something that some of us already know.

No you are not better than anybody else.....please step down from the pedestal take a good look in tgr mirror and say, " I am a pissant, just like all of the other pissants...."

So the questions is,

Who is really the "sheeple" , it could be the person that was brought up thinking he is better than everyone else. Kind if like a programmed righteousness.

edit on 23-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: phobe spelling sorry

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I agree and I think that video should serve as a reminder to get stocked up on more of my food stores. I cannot imagine being trapped in a hoard of people running for that last bit of food on the shelf, if something were to happen.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I don't think what we are looking at in that video is either normal or civilized. Civilized would be, patiently waiting in a line for something, and not acting like a crazed lunatic, grabbing, pushing or shoving the person beside you. Every year, we hear about someone who got trampled when doors are opened to the public at some store, usually walmart. These people were screaming in the video and acting insane. I don't see how this is "fun" either. It looks frightening to me.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
the annual secrifice to the dieties of greed and materialism has started......

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I am not placing myself on a pedestal, but I am truly above fighting another human being for a $5 toaster. And that's all I've ever claimed. But I am not peasant. I am a true, PROUD American Patriot. I know the history of this country and I live by MY BIBLE the Constitution.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Surely though, this isn't the 'average' consumer anyway?

The video shows a subsection of people, predisposed to seeking a good deal or bargain.

We have Boxing Day Sales here and i'm sure if you were there are doors opened, it would look pretty hairy - but I just go along at about 11.00am, not too quiet, not too busy and still plenty of stock left

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ComeFindMe
Surely though, this isn't the 'average' consumer anyway?

The video shows a subsection of people, predisposed to seeking a good deal or bargain.

We have Boxing Day Sales here and i'm sure if you were there are doors opened, it would look pretty hairy - but I just go along at about 11.00am, not too quiet, not too busy and still plenty of stock left

Let me talk to my British cousin across the channel a moment.

You see, mate, you don't have a THANKSGIVING. Understand? And during this time where we done went and killed all the indians (that were already at war with themselves, but that's another issue), now we have super stupid retarded sales selling asian slave made trinkets. This is OUR running of the bulls. The sheep, as I so lovely choose to address them as, run, yearly, as literal retards. Understand? It's funny and sad. Both at the same time. Because they are retarded. They make the United States look retarded. See?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Oh black friday, how you show us the true meaning of Christmas: Kill one another in a pathetic attempt to buy our childrens love. It's a shopping event where people die regularly. How totally awesome is that! I guess it gives us something to be thankful for this weekend, "I'm thankful mommy stabbed that other lady to get me my toys." It really does highlight the teachings of Jesus, don't you think? We celebrate his birth by being selfish, mean, and greedy. You really gotta hand it to Christ after all, most religions spawn events which cause war with other religions. Christianity spawned an event capable of causing war within itself! And we do all this not to honor a man who sacrificed himself for others, but to honor... wal mart I guess, and all of it's terrific deals that I will kill anyone to get!!!

Robb

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

Well the Christians did have the hate spawned time during the crusades and all that, but that's being continued now (as it was then) in the name of the Jews to wage war with the evil brown people (Muslims). See? It's cute. History repeats itself.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by shelookslikeone

I am not placing myself on a pedestal, but I am truly above fighting another human being for a $5 toaster. And that's all I've ever claimed. But I am not peasant. I am a true, PROUD American Patriot. I know the history of this country and I live by MY BIBLE the Constitution.

I believe before the mod edited your opening post, you claimed that all of these people are welfare recipients.

It is one thing to be proud, it is another thing to be too proud. Pride can be a blinding thing.

My family dates back to the early 1600's. I am proud of that. But I do not go around thinking g this is only my country, and I know who or what should be above who or what.

And also I didn't say peasant, I said pissant, as in the little worker ant that works his butt off to keep the ants in charge rich and bountiful. Because that is all we are.

Big business runs the show friend. We are all slaves to the system. No natter how much you do not want to be, everytime you purchase something/anything you are working to make someone a little more wealthy. Whether it is a toaster or a brand new sidearm for protection. We are merely pawns in a greedy world.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Let's not lay all the blame at the feet of those taking part here. This is a great mindset to encourage amongst consumers and business must swoon with self gratification and delight when they see such sights. It seems quite ignorant to moan about 'mindless drones' whist ignoring the conclusion that such hysterical consumerism is the wet dream of capitalism and society as a whole (excluding only those who in their personal lives actively strive against this) has to accept some responsibility for this kind of behaviour.

To understand where the fault truly lies look at the wider narrative of what's exemplified here, focus on the cause, not just the effect. It's hard to see how shouting 'Y'all are mindless drones! Tut, tut.' once a year before swanning off with a sanctimonious air to play your newest console game isn't short-sighted and hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
So, this makes me think about the chaos that would follow a SHTF scenario when people would be trying to stock up on food and necessities.
Sales like this would be nothing compared to that.

The preppers really starts to make sense when looking at this video!
edit on 23-11-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

Edit:
Aisling, saw now that you got the same thought from watching the vid.
Quite scary to see people act like that over some useless home appliances and etc.
edit on 23-11-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join