It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contest with prize by me.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Neo-Philosophy

1.) Because humankind is undeniably fallible, it follows that all previous philosophical concepts are flawed to some degree, therefore

2.) Every individual should be reared in all philosophical thought, encouraged to apply them to their lives as they see fit, and

3.) Ultimately pick and choose the precepts that work best towards their own happiness.

1) We all f*ck up
2) Not only have an open mind but teach it to others
3) Be greedy and self fulfilling.

Totally agree with the first two but I'd replace the third and add 'have empathy and treat others how you'd like to be treated.'
edit on 21-11-2012 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

I basically thought of that, but left it off for two reasons:

1.) I assume no one can be truly happy without being loving, and

2.) A Philosophical system doesn't necessarily have moral imperative and by stating only "happiness" makes the system accessible to anyone.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
reply to post by Tykonos

I basically thought of that, but left it off for two reasons:

1.) I assume no one can be truly happy without being loving, and

2.) A Philosophical system doesn't necessarily have moral imperative and by stating only "happiness" makes the system accessible to anyone.

1) I think no-one can give love without being loved.
2) Life can be # for a lot of people, it;s what the people who don't have that # going on in their lives do for those people that have # going on makes a system good and worthwhile.

*sorry for "snips" I meant*excrement*"

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
My theory is:

I hatched from a radioactive egg one easter at Maxey Flats and now it's my job to be a fun-loving ninja chiten to protect the world!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

This is like an afternoon TV game show only the prize isn't anything that great.

It's "Whose Line is it" where the game is made up and the points don't matter!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
My theory is:

I hatched from a radioactive egg one easter at Maxey Flats and now it's my job to be a fun-loving ninja chiten to protect the world!!!

Lol you saucy chicken!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ok, here is one I always thought about. Animals have instinct. What if there is reincarnation of animals , in the sense, a dog dies, and is born again as another dog. A cat as another cat. Ever notice how cats just KNOW cat people and dogs know dog people. What if , lets say my cat who died, he comes back again as a cat, and since his previous history, knew that I was a car person, became part of his spirit, so when he dies, it becomes part of that conscience. .... hence other cats born since he died, KNOW that i am a cat person.

What if the reason for these instincts , is because cats have always been cats, and when are reborn, the instinct in still there.

Just an idea I have. I would say this would not hold true for humans. We really do not have instincts as far as kowing what to fear. A kitten put in a liter box the first time knows to go the bathroom in it. We on the other hand have to be trained in diapers.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

In the absence of light would all colors be the same...?
Percieved and actual colors...?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Ok, here is one I always thought about. Animals have instinct. What if there is reincarnation of animals , in the sense, a dog dies, and is born again as another dog. A cat as another cat. Ever notice how cats just KNOW cat people and dogs know dog people. What if , lets say my cat who died, he comes back again as a cat, and since his previous history, knew that I was a car person, became part of his spirit, so when he dies, it becomes part of that conscience. .... hence other cats born since he died, KNOW that i am a cat person.

What if the reason for these instincts , is because cats have always been cats, and when are reborn, the instinct in still there.

Just an idea I have. I would say this would not hold true for humans. We really do not have instincts as far as kowing what to fear. A kitten put in a liter box the first time knows to go the bathroom in it. We on the other hand have to be trained in diapers.

That inbred instinct is an interesting one for sure.

One that gave me a thought or two was an article on how young children all seem to believe that no-one can see them when they close their eyes. As if the windows are a windows to the soul. Either that or they recognise sight as being.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by goingsouth
reply to post by Tykonos

In the absence of light would all colors be the same...?
Percieved and actual colors...?

It's all waves picked up by an optic nerve.

Most waves are out of our range so who knows what there is going on beyond what we as a species can see.

Ghosts, aliens ufo's, etc all a possibility to those that can accept the science behind our inability to see.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

Let me put this another way...
If I threw an orange into a blackhole....does the orange get sucked up or does the complete absence of light merely mask its existence...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by goingsouth
reply to post by Tykonos

Let me put this another way...
If I threw an orange into a blackhole....does the orange get sucked up or does the complete absence of light merely mask its existence...

I've no idea, I'd be too fixed on seeing what happens to the daft person throwing oranges into a black hole.

To my knowledge all matter including and light gets sucked into the centre. However here is the thing, wher does al that matter go?

My theory is another dimension or part of the universe where that matter is spat out.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The future created the past.

1) Without a past, there could be no future. Without a future, there could be no past. Therefore, the future is not a concept but an essential part of life.

2) Everything that will happen, will happen, when it happens. It will come to be because of everything that was. We usually think that the past is more concrete, more real, but we often disagree on what happened, how and why. Does it matter? It is gone, never to be again. The future is yet to be, and will be. Everything that we are doing now is building towards that future. People talk about God as the Creator, or science for explaining how reality works, but what if all such things have come about (and such ideas and practices evolve in time) towards a pure, great understanding? All ideas may have been meant to have surfaced, all sciences and arts explored, as by fate, so that it all can one day come together (like the pieces of a puzzle.)

This could mean that what is to be, was. What if "the future" was where all was whole, and it fragmented so that it put itself back together again? And so, time began and proceeded in a linear fashion, to allow us to experience this gradual emergence of reality. As of now, many of us see things differently, but this is because we are all limited to our own perspectives and knowledge (through our own experiences, in limited life spans.) Science, logic and experience as a race will in time show us which pieces don't fit, which do fit and how pieces fit together that we never thought would. So, in the end, all could come together as one—all philosophy, science and religious perspectives come to make sense in how they each relate to the full truth.

What if the future itself, the total oneness of all that is the universe, is Oneness? It separates so that it can form itself again, similar to a flower that blossoms, dies, and its seed blossoms into a flower again. Perhaps "The Big Bang" was merely the True Reality (the future) restarting itself.

This might also explain déjà vu and psychic dreams, which many (including myself) have experienced. The future has all ready happened and we have all gone through this many times before. Souls may even wait in a resting place until it is time to experience the life that you have lived again. You may even make different choices the next time around. How the process goes can alter, as influenced by déjà vu or psychic memory, as the result is forever the same. Take for example, a Rubik's Cube: it is scrambled around differently each time before being handed to you by a friend, and it will therefore be twisted back differently each time, but each time forming the same result: all sides of one color; the perfect design as intended.

Thus, all ideas are never new, but re-realized from past, through unconscious memory. Thusly, inventions may be discovered by different inventors the next time around. Often, novelists will publish very similar books at the same time, sometimes one accusing the other of somehow stealing their ideas. It is as if certain ideas are meant to surface. But rather than “meant”, perhaps they are merely remembered from a deeper level of consciousness. Thus, imagination would only be a memory, like all your ideas, like this very discussion.

Perhaps we are all the memory of ourselves, as we remember what will be, as it must be, as it has been, as it is what truly is.
edit on 21-11-2012 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2012 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
We embed tiny replicas of our "self" into everything we look at or think about (effecting both realms of our consciousness)
If we have embedded enough of our "selves" into the world around we achieve a state of omnipotence and oneness with the universe.
This may take several lifetimes all the while disconnected and unaware of each other's life span.
The ultimate goal would to be either water or lava. Heaven or Hell
edit on 21-11-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by randyvs

yeah, but what else can I offer? homage and a contractual agreement for my eternal soul for a 1000 years?

Some stars are just me offering to give myself carpal tunnel. It's a bargain really for a good conversation.

edit on 21-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

I don't know if i am posting this quote from you correctly but the soul is not eternal, it is immortal. He is Eternal Who was from the beginning. The soul is created and after which never dies but to grace.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

sometimes people forget that they were nerdy kids in grade school.

revenge of the nerds is real.

canada is experiencing it right now with stephen harper.

and if you look at pictures of obama when he was younger, you''ll most likely toss him in a locker.

so when you see all this high and mighty people walking around, i bet they'll shrink to the size of a peanut if you bring in a former classmate.

edit on 21-11-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Here's my idea...it comes from violating one of the laws of thermodynamics. So entropy increases as the universe ages but my idea is that the universe ends when all the secrets and knowledge is discovered or one can essentially become god with technology. Say the human race is inventing and inventing with so many ideas and creativity but what happens when eventually if someone or some species could live long enough, if they or them run out of creativity or things to invent because with technology you have mastered EVERY aspect of the universe and entropy means nothing? you know all, have done all and can do all at will? you could put the universe back to what it was at any point. I think it may be possible at some point if you had like an incredibly detailed scan of every point of matter and energy you could track them all back with computer models to where they began in space and time since you discovered everything even the secrets of the quantum. so what happens when we run out of creativity? lol its kind of like the topic of the thread.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ohhhh, look stars. Pretty....
Just had to.

We can never be ourselves. We are ourself until we have a new experience or interact with another person. That experience and/or interaction no matter how little or insigificant it seems will always alter us. Small changes are not noticed or realized at first, but will be later on as we grow older. Sometimes it is others who notice the change instead of us. We grow, learn, and change. We can never be the person who we use to be. Who we are today will not be the person who we will be tomorrow. If to be ourself is to be the sum of all of our experiences, then we can not be our true self until we experienced everything and interacted with everyone through our entire life until we die.

That is about as far as I go with pholophsy. Probablly already thougt of, and not very "indepth". Don't care about the stars. Just thought it was a fun idea to try.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I came up with something awhile ago exploring the necessity of a divine diversity within the Godhead (the Trinity according to my belief system).

Really not sure if it qualifies or if it's original ... but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Thoughts OP?
edit on 21-11-2012 by followtheevidence because: grammar

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
"There is no such thing as disease, it is merely dis-ease in the part of the body."
-Alex A. (me)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join