It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contest with prize by me.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Not to be overly argumentative, but my theory is independent of reincarnation for this reason alone: it deals with dna specifically. It leans more heavily on quantum mechanics than it does on reincarnation. Dissecting the word "reincarnation," its clear to see that an individual "comes back," as something else, in that definition. My theory states that the consciousness is simply reconnecting with its already existent counterpart (the child)

Even as a zen buddhist practitioner, I do not subscribe to the common belief and understanding of reincarnation. My theory suggests rather, that: the actual dna of the parent lives on in the child, and therefore, the dna seeking consciousness, displaced by its failing vessel, would in turn, be distributed amongst any remaining living dna.

I could go one step further, and suppose that should a lineage be confidant in its promulgation, then the original source could be (in a sense) Immortal.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by boncho

I can't agree with that theory.

While it may apply to a lot, I have seen too many people become entirely different from who they used to be. Sometimes over the course of only a few years. I'm not talking about just losing and gaining weight, or getting on or off drugs. I'm talking about fundamental personality changes.

I suppose you could argue that they were always that way, and it is just my view that has changed, but I don't think that is the case.

That's because you are still in the middle stage. Wait a coupe years. You realize old people sit around having orgies in the old folks homes... There's a reason for that.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

well done. So I would say that is a bunked idea. Not original, though very thought provoking to say the least.

back to yours.

Coalesced Existence

Everything coalesces, eventually forming geometric patterns that adhere to different fractal series of replications based on stimuli and causality. Every given whole, that is created this way has an expiration date that is dictated by the strength of the now produced geometric structure. Said expiration date is then as well governed by the frequency and amplitude of everything in which surrounds said given whole. Every existence of coalesced matter, then becomes a building block that behaves similarly, in a coalescing fashion, repeating these steps.

Our DNA is simply one of these coalesced wholes, in which their molecular structure retains information that has been gathered, expired and re-introduced as to adhering to stimuli and/or its surroundings. In order for us to be conscious, our brains actively seek patterns consciously and unconsciously, that are based on the governing principals of the universe. These patterns are then compartmentalized, as to avoiding cognitive dissonance... now producing 'self'.

The active search for patterns is not to satisfy any questions of why. Rather, applying the notion of inquiry is to satisfy and rationalize the very act of learning and the coalescing of information in our brains.

let's see if your fairs better.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

The only part I claim to be original is the...

The active search for patterns is not to satisfy any questions of why. Rather, applying the notion of inquiry is to satisfy and rationalize the very act of learning and the coalescing of informatiion in our brains.

which has many, much larger implications...

Although I suppose the whole, coalescing laws that govern the universe creating the very existence of this mind and why, may be original as well. But I didn't really get into all that...

Maybe I shouldn't elaborate, thus making it more difficult to remove authorship
edit on 21-11-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional comment

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

I tell you what, I will give you 100 stars. When a winner is announced, I will go to your profile and give 100. Your idea is pretty original, I liked it.

I would say it is a good expansion. and you did explain yourself well, so I will give you something for having a unique mind.

IMO the concept is not entirely unique though, since it is by your definition a unique expansion of another concept.

I guess we will have to have several winners if they deserve it. The 800 stars though, you are going to have to really earn that. LordTyp0 I think should get the same. His idea and explanation was different, though not entirely unique.

it really isn't as easy as it sounds huh?

edit on 21-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

That depends on the observer?

No, we are all different, is your blue the same blue I see? Colour blindness has an input too.

No-Observation simply allows interpretation. Thinking something is a cube when it is in fact a ball-a cube does not make.

Again-I disagree with Descartes: Perception does not create reality.
Disagreeing on definitions does not change what is being defined. Nor does ability to perceive-we know Ultraviolet light exists but cannot see with the naked eye as an example.

Matter is simply energy in the solid state, this infers that there are layers of energy within the entire encased universe and accounts for entropy. Like the mind it can be inferred that physical reality gains input from sources outside of it's boundaries. Also like the mind this data takes the form of low-almost non-existent energy that causes changes and disturbances that also ripple inward. As the ripples decay, entropy takes over reducing the ripples-but leaving changes in tact. This is what time is-the projection and regression of ripple effects through reality. But, since high energy does not come into the 'system', eventually reality will fade until there is no longer energy resulting in an eventual collapse into a single point.

Woooshhh!!! Straight over my head lol my friend. Can you relay that in 'stupid' persons terms.
...okay I raise a hand to that one.

According to Physics-all matter is energy. All atoms are simply energetic particles in a different configuration. As the charges on the particles work together-they bunch and create a solid-which in turn binds to other elements. E=MC2 describes how much energy is released when converting a type of matter into Energy. Using Uranium and Plutonium for example give you the Atomic Bomb. Gunpowder converts to kinetic energy from chemical reaction to contrast. Because all matter, from your table to the components that make the cells in your leg-is energy and because there are different types of energy from conversions (you consume food-taking it into your defined boundaries and adding its chemical potential to your own-you then decide to punch someone-you convert the chemical potential to Kinetic and probably some emotional outrage
) we can infer that there are different levels of energy, be that described as mathematical dimensions or.. whatever. But like layers of water with oil and whatever going down in layers-what impacts the top works its way down. A lake for example looks calm on the surface but wind acting on it can and does cause underwater storms where mud swirls non stop. Those impacts remain after the cause expends itself. The lake bed is forever changed.

In context with input to the closed systems I am discussing: I will call it subtle energy-light, sound, information: is constantly coming into the 'mind' and altering it. We watch a movie and it can alter how we see the world. As can conversations etc. etc. How this factors in is: When the Universe collapses back down and we become proto beings with potential to exist: we are slightly changed from our last existence. Then when the Universe is ready to give us back our time and place we are mostly the same person but events and thoughts will be slightly different. Even if its something trivial like: favorite color is blue whereas last time it was purple.

With all the random possibilities, anything is possible. However the 'you' as in the mind is individual to the experiences carried through a life and possibly a result of time. Therefore a mind can't exist beyond it's own finite life?

The presmise is: "You" are reborn over-but its the same basic life. Since the universes state just before the big bang had infinite mass in what amounts to 0 space: a conceptual pinpoint if you will: Then it can be presumed the configuration of the universe had to have a defined pattern. All that was removed was volume. We live and die-there is no afterlife. Instead we die and are reborn on the same day and same parents with incredibly minor variances. No afterlife. Simply life.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Cool, and thanks a lot. It was fun to be sure.

And the other theories are fascinating as well. Good thread idea!

But let us not forget: The greatest works of genius are but unrecognized plagiarism.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Recurrence is simply a part of it. The idea as I was meaning is more focused on identity and combines I suppose the idea of "Object Oriented Programming" where everything becomes an independent microcosm of sorts which is worked on from the outside (holographic universe integration).

The mind is separate from the body-each cell is separate from each other. Combined they create the being. A step further is I suppose since all matter including the body is part of the universe-the existence of any new configuration of matter in turn changes the universe on some fundamental level.. But thats more of a digression I suppose.
edit on 21-11-2012 by lordtyp0 because: typos typos typos

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Just recently made a thread on my philosphy, if you care enough to read.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

For three and a half billion years Mother Nature has taken care of this planet. One species of animal overpopulates, and another species comes around to eat them. This battle has been the pinnacle of streamlined checks and balances.

And then, mankind came along. Seven billion of us and counting. Mother Nature sent the big predators after us, and we took em down. Mother Nature sent volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, plagues... She even had us warring with deadly weapons, but all of this was to no avail.

But, what if Mother Nature is smarter than we give her credit for? What if she put a time bomb in our DNA way back when the first living cell was created? A bomb that will go off in every one around the world at the same time, giving us no time to figure out how to defuse it.

That bomb will render our minds no more powerful than that of a chimp, or maybe even a chimpMONK! And, we'll have to start the evolutionary climb all over again.

Hmmm, for some strange reason I'm really in the mood for a banana.

edit on 11/21/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

oh well, your idea had me stumped, so I tried to search in a different way and behold... Coalescence of mind. Your idea is shared by a like minded person.

Again, to strip you of all that is unnecessary is what The Blue Emerald is for, with alchemy, Unteachings, the Fountain of Code, and all the other tools. All that is unnecessary is like clutter, or murk, standing between you and the crystal clarity of the coming diamond you. In this way, we must empty you, and when I say we, I include you. This is work, effortless work yes, but work nonetheless, that only you use us to do. A line that led to one of my huge breakthroughs in depth of understanding in about 2004 or so was this: "The hands shape the clay into the form of the vase, but it is the emptiness inside that we seek." That line caused me cry for three days with continual explosions of heart-rending gratitude.

Where I mentioned that the alchemy is used to strengthen the communicability between you and your metaself, a more accurate portrayal is to say that the removal of all that is unnecessary is what brings about your merger with this far purer form of your being, your metaself. You're making room for it. This is
all about purification, and purification is about removal. It really is that simple. The purer anything is, the higher it vibrates. Your metaself is pure individuated consciousness, and your purification brings about an advent that is not so much a merger, or coalescence, but a revealing of it from beneath your skin as it continues to fill you, establishing its root system through your own neural pathways.

To summarize this part of the trip, the coalescence of local you with metayou is happening even as you read, and without your knowledge, because as you will find out in the Unteaching "Mego and Faketrix" there could be
millions of times as much unconscious rubbish to clear away than there is in your conscious experience. This is one of the main purposes of the alchemy.
www.theblueemerald.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

mother nature is an idol of the self proclaim "scientific".

there's another idea.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Same mind, created at a different time... a big bang later. No recollection of prior self, rather one in the same and no different. Other than slight differences due to entropy and information decay?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mrdeadfolx

ok. so here we have the next one by mrdeadfolx.

this one seems easy, but physics forums are insane so it might take time. LOL

let's see.

I believe a tear in the space/time continuum would be a discontinuity. In the immediate vicinity of the location of the tear, things such as television broadcasts, conversations in person, and cell phone calls, any sort of interaction would be detached from what is truly going on in the model of the universe we all know and reside in.

These interactions would suggest that there is indeed something bizarre occurring right now that is as of this moment 100% unexplainable. Then when the tear mends itself (Usually after 20-30 mins), the individual experiencing the anomaly is back in the original model with the knowledge of what occurred, and he is the only one that recalls what happened. Making it impossible to explain to anyone else

Never mind. It is still basically synchronicity. Sorry man.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Good summary if chopping off a lot
-though there are ripples from 'last time'. To expound on that and pull in things to show logical connection: Could be where Deja Vu, "soul mates" and similar phenoms come from. Perhaps some memories "How did I know that would happen?",

With Philosophy it is of course extrapolation and digression after expansion and redefinition though

Could go down all sorts of doors with it.

Edit to add: Recuring universe says it all repeats-last I knew. I am talking about a universe that evolves within the same time frame being observed.
edit on 21-11-2012 by lordtyp0 because: (no reason given)

Edit:

From the Wiki article on Eternal Return:

Eternal return (also known as "eternal recurrence") is a concept which posits that the universe has been recurring, and will continue to recur, in a self-similar form an infinite number of times across infinite time or space.

I am speaking of one universe. Same matter. There is no branch of infinite universes. There is no infinite time since Time is a perception of events and nothing more. When the Universe is reborn and aged X years: you will be born again, slightly different than you are now with slightly different events around. This is not a universe separate-there is only one.

Similar to: You go to a theatre dressed in a special suit to watch a movie. 1 year later you go to the same theatre wearing the same suit to watch the same movie. It is still you-however most the cells in your body has been replaced and the input of things youve experienced has changed your essence-how you think and think about.

The Universe is basically evolving-each time it is reborn it is working towards .. something. You are still You. The Universe is still it... Ugh, trickier to explain than I was thinking it would be..
edit on 21-11-2012 by lordtyp0 because: Tossing in last paragraph on Eternal Return

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayeagle
Human senses are shaped and modified by early family positive or negative nurturing. I believe for both the physical and the esoteric such as intuition, spiritual, etc.
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

yeah I think so too.

I light of the contest though, I will have to say it is the concept of nature VS nurture.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The universe is a pocket of space within a giant loaf of bread. Since this bread is still in the rising stage, the universe has yet to reach its full potential. Once baking occurs, which may happen in billions and billions of years, everything will begin to slowly smell like grandma's house.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I'm not gonna lie... that was a little hard to read lol.

The psychological aspect of my theory is more of this...

Everything we know is based upon cognition that is developed via stimuli that was only produced as a means of coalescing matter. Our brains via sensory, is as well formed by means of coalescing information. Our very conscious awareness and existence is tuned to behave and form in accordance with any surrounding stimuli. To remove the acknowledgment of inquiry and learning, does not remove the act. It may serve to depreciate recollection or future implications of coalesced knowledge, but even that's subjective and open to argument and not necessarily true.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Look, since we are going on originality here. The world is powered by unicorn farts from dimension x. They are the glue that binds us together. Unicorn farts holds us together and if the very fabric of our being.

Done and done.

Give me my god damned cookie.

You aren't going to get more original than that.

well, technically, you are right. Though I hope your theory is wrong.

20 stars man. A good LOL deserves a cookie. When a winner is announced or in two days I will give you some unicorn fart stars.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Relevant

Unicorn-fart powered cars. Nothing in the universe contains more energy than unicorn farts; one unicorn fart has enough energy to power a car for decades. We can harness this power by capturing unicorns and making them eat bean and cheese burritos for the rest of their lives and storing the resulting farts in jars.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join