It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you make of these synchronicities?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
OR the handle is there to make it easier to carry. Simple skin bags were the easiest thing to make and carry things in.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe the Can Hasan site in Turkey has the earliest know use of any copper, circa 6,500 BC

Survivability of copper depends on the chemcial make up of the soil

Earliest copper tool known is 7,000 years old
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

International trade leaves 'traces' look a the Indian Roman trade for such examples

The Sumerians were long gone before the Maya became a noted civilization

edit on 21/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Another theory of the Serpent is that is represents the double helix. DNA.
You will find the serpent present in every ancient place.

It is with Adam and Eve. Vishna and his Wife Lakshmi rest on Sesha, a serpent.
You will find it all over ancient Egypt and so on.

These male female entities are the representation of the duality of this reality.
The Ying Yang.

Something to think about.....

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Knowing how things usually work out......
they probably kept some weird stuff in them, like pig's feet, or snake eyes....
and were here in the 21st century pondering if they had awesome advanced technology or what not.....

edit on 21-11-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Obviously it's their version of a tricorder.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Obviously it's their version of a tricorder.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
those are trick or treat bags for the awesome costumes. They used to be given figs or sun dried baby tomatoes and raisins. candy had not been invented yet.

JK

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by alumnathe

These aren't really synchrons. If one were to consider what you've put together here, I'd honestly chalk it up to something erring on the side of coincidence more than anything. They're probably just bags, not ultra sound devices

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Awesome and intriguing find OP. Never heard of this one before. S & F

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Very nice post, TY for bringing this to my attention.
It's something i noticed before, but sadly i never bothered to ask questions.
Shame on me.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
cool thread OP. the bags with serpent symbols may indicate medicine or healing. perhaps they were ancient first aid kits of some sort. medicine or anything capable of healing the wounded would be extremely important and would seem to merit being carved in stone in my opinion.

That's sort of what I was thinking.
Either herb bags, medicine bags or thurible or incense carrier.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
FYI - the objects in question are in fact MURSES, not purses. They were handbags carried by important men who had important stuff to carry. It was a functional status symbol. The only thing left to ponder is what they had inside their murses.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jjsirius

I have been collecting them for six years for a writing project. I realize that some of the similarities I find are strictly cosmetic, but for the purposes of my writing project (fiction) it doesn't matter.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero
The Egyptians are always depicted carrying the ankh, the symbol of life. I wonder if there is any connection there.

Interesting subject.

EDIT: Note the common theme - there are always two creatures depicted on them.
edit on 11/21/2012 by subjectzero because: (no reason given)

This is what I'm thinking. Its a precursor to the Ankh. Most of the OP's pictures also show the pine cone in the other hand which is said to represent the pineal gland. So you may have the Ankh - key of life and the pineal gland which may represent the third eye.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Great post - thank you for your effort. I am actually aware of the repeated theme within ancient artwork and visual depictions of the 'bag.' It is an interesting concept for study.

My personal thoughts are that it is obviously a portable device - something that was easy to carry around. The handle could be a means of holding it or it could be a part of the device - perhaps a pathway for an electrical current to travel??!!

Perhaps we really do have an ancient past that has been completely buried in an effort for us to remain ignorant to our beginnings. The idea of a portable - compact device is believable because it is depicted so often that it cannot be denied. What remains is what is inside the 'bag' or what processes could the 'bag' perform. Did it hold something tangible as in solid or was it an electrical type of device that could be ignited or plugged into something. Did it act in a similar way to a taser (just to illustrate a visual concept) by emitting something/electricity?

Did it contain chemical substances or mathematical equations - knowledge of how genetics or the universe is constructed. Perhaps a device such as Nikola Telsa invented that could produce free electrical energy from the ether??!!

One thing is for certain - it is not an adornment or fashion accessory.It was important and relevant because so many artisans have included it in their artworks - and - thank goodness for that. It is a clue and we need to discuss everyones thoughts in an effort to find the answers - perhaps the answers are already within this thread.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
magic goody bags....

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
The best source for gaining an understanding of the Near Eastern understanding of what was involved with this basket is from Jiroft as many examples have been found in context of grave goods, which i looked at here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is mention in Sumerian texts of the 'Holy Basket' in connection with the 'Holy Brick' in the context of preparing the construction of ziggurats, representative of the world mountain.

The Holy Basket was probably understood to hold the Holy Brick, and again there was the tradition of the Holy Birthing Brick, so whether establishing the foundations of a world mountain or a race of people the brick represented the principle of line upon line, precept upon precept, establishment.

At Jiroft the basket always has cosmological symbolism, the arc of the handle is the arc of the sky that the sun travels between rising points, with astrological constellation representations generally seen at either end, a solar eagle will often be seen, as will also an undulating serpent representing the passage of transition.

edit on 21-11-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

I researched this a few years ago and couldnt find a whole lot, other than it was carried by the gods.
The fact that in some representations it features the two snakes of kundalini. Male and female energy. Im guessing it is some tool to harness cosmic energy.
Maybe testla had one of these

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
OR the handle is there to make it easier to carry. Simple skin bags were the easiest thing to make and carry things in.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe the Can Hasan site in Turkey has the earliest know use of any copper, circa 6,500 BC

Survivability of copper depends on the chemcial make up of the soil

Earliest copper tool known is 7,000 years old
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

International trade leaves 'traces' look a the Indian Roman trade for such examples

The Sumerians were long gone before the Maya became a noted civilization

edit on 21/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

adding to Hanslunes post
i found a site about the 7,000 year old copper tools.
This one has a pic if anyone was interested

just to note the pic dosnt have a disclaimer underneath so not 100% if the pic is of the real thing or replica

Link with pic

edit on 22-11-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5

One thing is for certain - it is not an adornment or fashion accessory.It was important and relevant because so many artisans have included it in their artworks - and - thank goodness for that. It is a clue and we need to discuss everyones thoughts in an effort to find the answers - perhaps the answers are already within this thread.

Much Peace...

i totally agree there as in it must have been quite important to make it into so many paintings and stone carvings. do you or does anyone recall male or females of today carrying anything important enough to cast into stone?

i don't think anyone carries anything with them important enough to take many pictures of, which is the future equivalent of paintings and carvings. i have never heard of anyone saying, "wait, let me get my bag before you take that picture." seems silly for us to do now, so i'm guessing whatever was the reason for these "bags" must have been of the utmost importance to them.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Looks to me like they're an ancient version of a medical or first aid kit. Being that these various gods could be considered midwives to the birth of all creation, it would make sense in that context.

We also still use the same symbolism of the two snakes featured on many of those in regards to the same meaning. Hasn't anyone ever seen the caduceus symbol? It's origins go back to some of those places.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join