It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back to this: Papa John and His Anger at Obama Ruining his Business

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Many of us are familiar now with uber-conservative John Schnatter, CEO of Papa John's Pizza, chiming in with other mega-rich business owners about how they are going to have to change their business' due to Obama being re-elected. They just can't afford it anymore.

Funny thing is:

For all of his bitching about President Obama and support for Mitt Romney, though, Schnatter’s stock price was at $51.90 per share on Election Day, more than triple the $16.58 it closed with when President Obama was inaugurated.

He is worth $600 million.

Here is his house:

Then there was this guy who wrote the infamous "I'm going to have to fire you if Obama is elected" letter:

A billionaire who is building the biggest home in the US called "Versailles"...

“Next door is a 12,000-square-foot house. That could be my maid’s quarters one day,” he says lightly. Then he catches himself and adds, “No, I shouldn’t say that, it sounds like an insult.”

Does anyone else see the absurdities in listening to these royals complain? Why is it that so many middle and lower class income people defend people like this? Perhaps instead of firing a bunch of loyal employees this guy might see to build a 70,000 square foot home instead of a 90.000 square foot home. Then again, perhaps he could do the same if he ran a business that didn't have so many lawsuits against it for cheating people out of their money.

sickening wealth

lawsuit anyone?

Papa Richy rich

Poor poor business owners. Sad days indeed.

ColoradoJens
edit on 20-11-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Nov 20 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling in title

+35 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The people who defend these greedy cockroaches are going to be the first ones to be lined up against a wall when the second revolution comes.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This shouldn't really be that much of a surprise. Most of the wealthiest people in the world complain when some legislation comes into play that increases their tax rate or somehow limits them in what they can buy. I am sure that both people you have mentioned are angry because now it will be harder to but that platinum bathtub and toilet combo they wanted. Greed is a sickening thing when you see magnates such as these griping about what legislators have done to limit them in any manner. It's repugnant in my opinion.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Corporate greed.. It seems Ayn Rand was incorrect in suggesting big business men are the heroes in society. All Papa John has to do is raise his pizza price by 14 cents to pay for Obamacare.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
The people who defend these greedy cockroaches are going to be the first ones to be lined up against a wall when the second revolution comes.

This may be difficult as many have their own armies...

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
funny... last time was downriver saw that they'd opened a shop in asia .... business cant be that bad if he is opening shops in other countries.... no idea if the food there any good... cant eat western food ....

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
This shouldn't really be that much of a surprise. Most of the wealthiest people in the world complain when some legislation comes into play that increases their tax rate or somehow limits them in what they can buy. I am sure that both people you have mentioned are angry because now it will be harder to but that platinum bathtub and toilet combo they wanted. Greed is a sickening thing when you see magnates such as these griping about what legislators have done to limit them in any manner. It's repugnant in my opinion.

Well said. Greed is one of the things that helps ruin the economy if one examines the issue closely. Funny thing, to rail against greed is now to denounce capitalism in this world.

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
Corporate greed.. It seems Ayn Rand was incorrect in suggesting big business men are the heroes in society. All Papa John has to do is raise his pizza price by 14 cents to pay for Obamacare.

And there it is...instead, a man who has made a fortune under this President will do his best to state how much he hates him and "liberals" by hurting real life human beings.

CJ

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
and these are the people that are benefiting the most from tbe bush tax cuts, but where are the jobs?

Seems like those tax cuts went into the building of their castles.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The man has a right to run his business as he sees fit and sees it's necessary just as you have the right to buy a pizza elsewhere, IMO. I may buy one just for the sake of the fact I really don't think boycotts in a bad economy are the least bit helpful. I know people at the college working at Papa Johns. What did they do? Boycotts usually hit the wrong people but we each have our own choice to make with our dollars. The free market in action.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
The man has a right to run his business as he sees fit and sees it's necessary just as you have the right to buy a pizza elsewhere, IMO. I may buy one just for the sake of the fact I really don't think boycotts in a bad economy are the least bit helpful. I know people at the college working at Papa Johns. What did they do? Boycotts usually hit the wrong people but we each have our own choice to make with our dollars. The free market in action.

Who said anything about a boycott? I simply see greedy pigs and laugh at their "hardships".

CJ

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is hardly the story of a spoiled silver spoon born and bred son of an oligarch,

So, I knocked down the broom closet in Mick's Lounge, bought $1600 in used restaurant equipment, installed an oven in the tiny space and started selling pizzas out of the back of the restaurant. And that's when Papa John's was born! I put my heart and soul, and everything I had learned from my father and grandfather, into my pizza business, and it paid off. In 1984, I opened my first Papa John's restaurant, and the rest is history!"

This guy made the American dream from taking a chance and using gumption along with hard work - how dare you jealous small minded people demean someone who deserves what they have well earned just because you envy his success.

He has every right to express his political belief and more, he's actually earned it!

disclaimer, I have never worked papa johns and have no connection - I have disdain for those who denigrate success and want the successful to give handouts for their personal failures and lack of motivation - makes me sick actually.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Not in the least denigrating the hard earned dollars of these business men. I am denigrating their disgusting greed though.

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Geez, I want that house. Looks like a place where batman would live with all those underground tunnels.

Sweett

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Geez, I want that house. Looks like a place where batman would live with all those underground tunnels.

Sweett

Wouldn't shock me if the guy paid to have his own batcave.

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lithographyman
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Because you want Joe Biden as president???????

I still do not get why people do not understand THE PRESIDENT CANNOT REPEAL LAWS. ONLY CONGRESS CAN.

If Romney had been elected, HE COULD NOT REPEAL THE HEALTHCARE ACT. The only difference would be to allow a repeal IF it ever got to him. Last I checked the Senate was still a Democratic majority. In other words, NO MATTER WHO IS PRESIDENT, A REPEAL WOULD NEVER HIT THEIR DESK as long as congress is split the way it is.
Congress also decides the budget, NOT THE PRESIDENT. He has the power of veto, but ultimately congress decides.

All the belly aching is FUD plain and simple.
edit on Thu Nov 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

And we also shouldn't let them make fortunes off the back of hard working people, while expecting tax cuts

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by Phoenix

And we also shouldn't let them make fortunes off the back of hard working people, while expecting tax cuts

Funny how money buys government but when other money buys a law they don't like they hate government.

CJ

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join