It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive decay rate change, can YOU feel it??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

It has an old timeline. Started to be studied in Germany, a decade after Schumann published his finding.

Chronobiology owes much of its terminology to Germany, 'Zeitgeber' being any entrainer/synchroniser phenomena for biological rhythms.

The USA has its own prestigious reference center - Halberg Chronobiology Center - University of Minnesota.

Rütger A Wever from Max Planck Institute, Germany did the most careful and methodical study ;

in a Bunker - one normal section and another shielded from electrical and magnetic fields.

Span for each experiment run : 4 weeks, however he ran multiple iterations with differing electrical and magnetic parameters.

He used 10 Hertz field and found evidence for Schumann Resonance acting as 'Zeitgeber' for Circadian Rhythms.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I've been watching solar activity and noting my own state of being each day for years, and came to the conclusion long ago that I am effected by the ionization. Positive ionization makes me feel sluggish, have difficulty sleeping,have things like headaches, dizziness, irritability. Negative makes me feel energetic and upbeat.

When we get the impact from a solar flare, I can feel effects according to the proton flux.

But I have not noted any specific sensations before an eruption or flare.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wujotvowujotvowujotvo
He used 10 Hertz field and found evidence for Schumann Resonance acting as 'Zeitgeber' for Circadian Rhythms.
What evidence? How do you know his field wasn't a million times stronger than Schumann Resonance? Or was it?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Well, no.

Have you actually read the paper he wrote? Go read it, get back to me, there are a number of differences between his setup and ANY natural field. Pick the top three, we'll discuss.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

Positive ionization makes me feel sluggish, have difficulty sleeping,have things like headaches, dizziness, irritability. Negative makes me feel energetic and upbeat.

Those two things DO happen. Nothing makes me feel crappier than a positively ionized environment.

What I'm not sure of, is that solar flare activity causes either to occur at ground level. Ionosphere, you bet. Now I'm going to have to look that up. Heck, that might be a valid mechanism.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

What evidence? How do you know his field wasn't a million times stronger than Schumann Resonance? Or was it?

The paper was pretty interesting. It wasn't totally blinded - it might have been better if the experimenters running the data collection had been unaware of the room state. Also there was a lot of question raised about the people in the room locking their circadian rhythms to the experimenters coming in and out, the timing changed based on whether the room was 'live' or not.

And, yeah, that was one point I had. It was many orders of magnitude higher in amplitude, both the E and H field components.

Edit to add: However, he did produce some really interesting data. If you wanted to screw with someone, you could rig their environment this way and disorient them pretty badly. Might be just the thing for interrogation work you intend to do over a long period of time. Or maybe you could sell it for night shift work, built into a bed. Shift your waking period in 24 hours with "BioBed!"
edit on 25-11-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
And, yeah, that was one point I had. It was many orders of magnitude higher in amplitude, both the E and H field components.
And it's an important point. Here's an example to illustrate by analogy.

Cook live rat in microwave oven just long enough to give the rat cataracts, but not long enough to kill the rat. Conclude that microwaves at high enough amplitude can cause cataracts in mammals, a valid claim.

Then someone reads that and concludes all microwave radiation causes cataracts in mammals, regardless of amplitude, a claim which is completely unfounded at very low amplitudes.

So yes, the amplitude does make a difference. If it didn't, we might all have cataracts from the microwave radios in use.

Edit to add: However, he did produce some really interesting data. If you wanted to screw with someone, you could rig their environment this way and disorient them pretty badly. Might be just the thing for interrogation work you intend to do over a long period of time.
This is an unsurprising result, if the field is strong enough. A strong enough field can certainly affect the human's bioelectrical activity, though it's possible wearing a tinfoil hat might mitigate the effects to some extent. A Faraday cage would shield the human completely but I'm unsure how much the tinfoil hat helps...I've never seen a study on that, but I've seen "claims":

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by neformore
OK. Now this is it. This is the prototype ATS Official Tinfoil Hat. This is the prize, this is what you are competing for.

It may vary slightly from the picture, but what you have there is a professional quality tinfoil hat of the highest calibre, ready to repulse electromagnetic radiation and alien mind control.

Unfortunately they probably wouldn't let you wear that during the interrogation.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Those two things DO happen. Nothing makes me feel crappier than a positively ionized environment.

What I'm not sure of, is that solar flare activity causes either to occur at ground level. Ionosphere, you bet. Now I'm going to have to look that up. Heck, that might be a valid mechanism.
It's not as unlikely as some other ideas in this thread. Solar flares can affect power grids, so one might be inclined to infer since those are electrical and the human body operates on electrical impulses, maybe it can affect humans also, but as with the microwave amplitude example, that's not necessarily the case.

The field strength resulting from solar flares can be very small per unit length, but transmission lines are so darn long that those small amounts add up over long lengths and the resulting voltages can potentially take down a grid, though as we see, this happens infrequently. The human body isn't nearly that long, so subjected to the same field strength, there's just not that much to "add up" as with transmission lines. At least that's my simplified view, but if you find any research worth sharing, let us know.

Edit to add: I did find this generic statement but there are no specifics:

www.mnn.com...

Some academics have claimed that such geomagnetic storms can affect humans, altering moods and leading people into negative behavior through effects on their biochemistry.

Some studies have found evidence that hospital admissions for depression rise during geomagnetic storms and that incidents of suicide increase.
Without specifics, I find such statements less than convincing.

Now if people lived in Colorado, and the northern lights become visible from there during a magnetic storm as mentioned in that source, and the bright lights kept them from sleeping normally, and the lack of sleep altered mood, that effect I would find completely plausible.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join