It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Particle physicists confirm arrow of time — for B mesons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What if :
Time is navigable in it's previous states, however it is represented as space and matter in 3 dimensions. So by traveling in space we explore the effect of causality, and thus time.

as it takes time to travel. perhaps the phrase 'traveling in time' make no logical sense.

We may regard the present state of the universe as the effect of its past and the cause of its future. An intellect which at a certain moment would know all forces that set nature in motion, and all positions of all items of which nature is composed, if this intellect were also vast enough to submit these data to analysis, it would embrace in a single formula the movements of the greatest bodies of the universe and those of the tiniest atom; for such an intellect nothing would be uncertain and the future just like the past would be present before its eyes.
—Pierre Simon Laplace, A Philosophical Essay on Probabilities

Laplace's demon was based on the premise of reversibility and classical mechanics; however, under current theory, thermodynamics (i.e. real processes) are thought to be irreversible in practical terms...

as it would exceed computational capacity of the universe.
edit on 21-11-2012 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
To crack time travel maybe we have to crack dimension traversel. Is warping space time dependent on traversing dimensions? Are there dimensions that facilitate traversing 2 points in space time? This might be the case. First we have to crack the true dimensional model, its relationships and interlocking doorways! Also, maybe we need to work out how we flip matter/anti-matter.

Point A in Space Point B in Space
Time distance = 1000 years
Travel time = 1000 years

Point A in Space Point B in Space
Time distance = 1000 years
Interdimentional travel time = 1 hour, 1 minute, if that

How can this be done is the big question? Does current physics/mathematics have the answer? I very much doubt it. Will we discover a means? probably!

Does space/time/dimension (STD) traversing hold the answer. Not the STD you can get from an over active wench.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
maybe this can explain the deja vu experiences

backwards time moves slower so we are more aware of it

edit on 21-11-2012 by pheniks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pheniks

Your actualy not to far off on that.....Ironicaly it was one of the topics James Holmes was studying........Everyone has had DeJa'vu. However some people have it everyday, I believe James was one of these people........Time is not absolute

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

reply to post by Maxmars

The whole thought of time travel seems impossible to me. How can you travel back to something thats not physical. Its not like a dvd where all the information is physically there and you can push play from any spot in the movie you want. In my mind to go back in time would be just recreating everything in the universe as it was in a specific moment in history except that you would be added to the recreation. Now that would be cool, but where did the information being created come from? Do atoms and sub-atomic particles just remember what they were doing 100 years ago and reverse every action they made until your time machine stops there?
I guess giving physical attributes to something as vague as time, such as saying "travel to a place in time" like a certain place in time is a store in large mall of time, that just doesn't work in my brain. That's probably why I wasn't surprised with the findings in the report I guess. Anyway it was a good read thanks for the post OP.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Time travel is not possible.

Time can be slowed relative to space, but there will be an ultimate limit that cannot be known.
You can leave a place and come back and time will have appeared to speed up relative
to your perception but time cannot be changed, only your perception, and that will have an
unknown limit.

The SOL has nothing to do with it and the ultimate speed limit of the universe has never
been the SOL. Einstein was wrong.

I don't know how I know that....

edit on 21-11-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Time travel, not in the commonly accepted theory, is possible. This experiment only showed a direct correlation to the decay of matter within the fabric of time and that it is not possible to reverse it within the time wave. This is because there is no backward wave of time and therefore no tachyon particle since matter is only constructed within the limits of the wave.

Certain particles can freely flow in and out of the fabric of time. These particles most likely do travel through time. In order for a being such as us to travel back through time, one must alter their form of matter and reconstruct themselves in the fifth dimension (a place where there is no certainty and all particles are merely waves), then use the sixth dimension (a place where all possible waves confer into infinite absolution) to travel to another point in time, (although due to the inference of time wave causality it would also be technically an alternate universe) where they would finally reconstruct themselves in the form of matter.

Some would argue that there is no such thing as time travel because we havent seen time travelers. I argue that by the time the universe has constructed such a being with those capabilities the being would have graduated permanently into the next dimension, thus essentially hatching from the egg we call our universe.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike

Wow. You've been watching "Star Trek".

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's kinda like how scientists thought a zillion other things would be impossible... Because they could not foresee other developments. Like how people were never going to run a mile under a certain time due to our muscle structure or something like that... That limit was broken.

Bill gates or some guy said that nobody would EVER need more than like 500 Megabytes of memory or ram or rom or some crap on their computer... There have been many declarations made by those thought to be at the forefront of their field... And its not their fault, other than that they should have known that they were unable to foresee future developments. So, I'm sure that we will find a way to stabilize, or reassemble the atoms on the other side.

At first, there will probably have to be a particle reassembler waiting for you on the other side, or something like that. So, at first, and possibly forever, we will only be able to travel back in time to the point when the time machine/particle reassembly device were invented. Not just invented. But prepared and set up to receive matter from the future. Then someday we will figure out a way to do it without the particle reassembly device, and we can travel back further, but it will be a one way trip, until we find a way to retreive matter from the past.

Perhaps a special belt can create a field that sensors can detect and collect everything within its sphere back to the future. You would then need a spherical shaped area to be open for them when they return, because part of the ground under them will come back with them too.

So you would have a concave depression in the floor to accommodate the incoming matter, allowing the person to remain standing as they were when they embarked. And just like in the Terminator, when you send someone into the past, the sphere shaped area they will be sent to, will simply be exchanged with the sphere around them when they first embark. Since it is cheaper to send less atoms, only the naked person woukd usually be sent, and they would be suspended in mid air, and free fall, like in Contact minus clothes and container, with the time portal activated exactly at the moment he or she is passing through the center of the sphere.

Since there is nothing but empty air around him or her as he is sent, then when he/she arrives in the past, a concave depression will be removed from the ground and anything around them like in Terminator... And from free falling in the future to the ground in the past, you will be crouched down from the impact of hitting the ground when you first arrive, like we see the Terminator.

I dunno... Makes sense to me, but, its whatevers

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
"Spooky action at a distance" or prticle entaglement
May be part of the equation which would help us figure out such meandering in time.....
Consider that two entangled particles, however pysically removed from each other,in space.....
Will be instantly alerted to any change in its partners condition.......is this not a sly by pass of the time space continuum altogether?
The particle on Alpha Centuri instantly aware of its partner here at home on Sol 3.......
Does this imply a situation of notime?
Or a by pass of the whole flow?
It gives me hope.....because telepathy could also be suchly related between beings.....and perhaps we will be able to contact all other life forms in the universe instantly....no only contact but perhaps with practice, instantly know what they know...sort of...
Remote viewing...is another possible time travel avenue....Already hey have remote viewed our earths future....
Ed DAMES SAYS ITS NOT THERE UP AHEAD...I MEAN IT IS BUT THEN IT IS JUST GONE AT A CERTAIN POINT...NOT TOO FAR AHEAD....dID HE TIME TRAVEL THERE AND BACK?
BAD CAPS....SOLLY
anyways food for thought guys, thank you for the inspiration and conversation....all....
and shall return annonce...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
If time is curved like space, when you travel forward far enough you'll end up in the past. The far future is the deep past.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by alumnathe

Which is why I keep coming to the conclusion that we created ourselves, that we are "God".

The pyramids, the Sphinx, the great civilizations, all the lost knowledge - it's ours, us, our past/future selves.

Time is circular.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Making a lot of valid points there...I have always believed that the answer is in dimensions, neutrino's and fractals.

I also believe via dimensional aspects it is possible to access the past and future, for with this ability, such as with the Akashic record, and great leap artists and scientists, such as Einstein, for it is in the inspirational light of genius revelations that these advances are made from glimpsing the dimension of the absolute truth, I call it this as it is just that, the absolute truth of everything.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Truth is that Quantum Entanglement isn't going to revolutionize communication or data crunching power or much of anything. It's a neat little demonstration that still has modern physics with no idea concerning what exactly is being demonstrated. Then again, modern physics is still looking for evidence of the sticky, gooey Higgs Field to explain why particles exist, so don't expect any breakthroughs for quite a while. Just because you're a hammer doesn't mean that the world is actually made of nails. It just means that you can't imagine the world to be any other way.

You are right.

I can give you my interpretation of entanglement.

There is no direct communication between the two entangled partners whatsoever.

We know that if you manipulate one partner, the other will react accordingly, but we only know that if we check both results.

There is no instantanious information travel even if these particles are put at great distances.

As you know, there still needs to be a normal communication between the points in space about the manipulation.

To me it's more proof for the theory of consciousness creating reality.

There is no FTL of information between the two points, the result materialises at one point as soon as the info of the state of the other particle has reached it by normal communications, because reality must conform to what the consciousness knows and expects for it to be correct.

The only thing that is linking the information is the human consciousness.

Many will disagree, but one can't deny that this is the situation.

edit on 22-11-2012 by WoodSpirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WoodSpirit

You are correct........this is why near death expereinces, mostly those of children and the temporla lobes are such a big and dangerous thing to study right now..........

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexjustme

What do you mean with dangerous?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WoodSpirit

No the reason why entanglement works is because the connection is made on a simpler dimensional plane and therefore it does not have to follow the rules we understand as the transfer information over space. Its much like a photon. When a photon leaves the sun or Alpha Centauri, or a star 100 billion miles away and hits your eye, to the photon- the time traveled was instant. There was no time for the photon to leave the star and enter your eye because it does not experience time.

Similarly, some things do not experience distance because it does not occur in our dimension, yet we can see the effect of the actions in our dimension. This should not be too hard to grasp if you take into consideration that atoms are the end effect of two dimensional vibrating strings.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

You are absolutely right. The absolute truth
And the truth is, that every thing is connected. The past, the present, the future. You, me, the earth, our universe. All one being, one time, one idea. Time is relative, distance is relative, life is relative.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

With your comment, you are only obscuring things further, it is not an explanation behind the phenomenon whatsoever.

What I said is completely correct. There is no means of information travel between two entangled particles, yet they act in a way that suggests there is.

The only thing that actually connects the two is the human observer and it only works if the connection is made by the human observer.

There is no information travel between them on any plane, you act like you have explained something but all you said was,

"No the reason why entanglement works is because the connection is made on a simpler dimensional plane and therefore it does not have to follow therules we understand as the transfer information over space

In other words, you don't know what happens or how it happens at all. Could've said nothing at all.

Like I said, there is only one mechanism that is connecting the two, human consciousness. No information travels directly between the particles.

They learn the state of one particle and therefore the state of the other particle has to be accordingly. The state of the second particle materialises as soon as they learn the state of the other one. It adapts on the spot to human consciousness. It has to fit to what the observer knows, to make reality make sense.

Reality is created by consciousness.

Remember this, in some time this will be accepted knowledge.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Of course time flows in only one direction... that much is completely obvious to me.

why is it obvious. the fact we seem to sense time moving in one direction does not mean it does

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join