It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would ETs visit us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Anyone,
care to speculate on why ETs would visit sol/earth? Seems to me that we are a newbie civilization, 6k to 8k old at the outside. Assuming that ETs have business with other ETs, trade, exchanging info, etc., what on earth could we offer them? (no pun intended)

And,
if they were inclined to make the long trip, light years, would they be more likely to send biobots/organic robots who might collect data and email it back home as opposed to wasting their own time?

This,
question puzzles me. Help!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Simple they want to try Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Perhaps another question would be, how long have they been visiting us. They could have bene traveling here before the dawn of civilisation. Then, once we came into play they kept coming back to study us.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The Planet Earth = big Zoo

regards chapo

jra

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Why wouldn't they want to visit us? We don't have to be all high tech and super smart etc to be interesting. I mean there are people here on Earth that study ancient civilizations and also people who study primative tribes. It's the same thing really. I'm sure if we had the ability to go out and explore space, and we found another planet with alien life, regardless of how primative they might be. We'd have scientists and the like jumping at the chance to observe and study them.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by jra]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If there are ETs out there chances are they don`t have the technology to travel to us or find us.This is assuming that they function or behave as we do.We tend to imagine them but an ET could be unimaginable to us.Therefore they may not have a compeling urge to find life outside of there own planet.They may not have emotions that we do or feelings.The biological makeup may have emotions that we have never imagined or thought possible.They may have abilites that we cannot begin to comprehend.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
for they the same reason we would want to visit an ET planet, curiosity

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
As I understand it, generally it is felt that we would be interesting as were the apes to Diane Fossi. So, ETs visiting us would be like anthropologists? (granted they might like eating fried chicken too) And, like most anthropologists, they probably would not want to interfer with our culture? That being the case, why have so many people had experiences?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnordie
Anyone, care to speculate on why ETs would visit sol/earth?

Well look at it from a human perspective (I don't believe we're being visited). If you had the opportunity to visit a dung beetle on an alien planet light years away, as well as getting to see the wonders of space, would you?

Only a fool would say no if they could have any opportunity like that.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Some would say that ET's had something to do with our evolution. That being said, they probably would want to stop in and check to see how the kiddies are doing.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Just a quick point , you say why would ET visit us assuming they have the tech to do so , which they have but where is the evidence to suport them being more advanced than we are , for instance they might not have alot of the things we have eg Mobile phones so they might assume that we are o far ahead of them thats why we have the phones we have right now ,

Also how do i make my sig bigger so i can fit my sig in because loads people have huge sigs

[edit on 22-10-2004 by yuanshao101]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

where is the evidence to suport them being more advanced than we are

We haven't mastered interstellar (or even interplanetary) travel, so yes, I'd think that would classify them as "more advanced"

As for why? Some possible answers...

1. Aliens are "Christo"-like artists whose favored medium is cornfields...
2. The human anus has some remarkable undiscovered property valuable to them...
3. They like our women, and enjoy impregnating them with hybrids...
4. Just cruisin'...
5. They are investigating other systems similar to their own, to find out whether they are or are not alone, and found their answer. They continue to research others, careful not to interfere with them as much as can be avoided.
6. Scouting for conquest...
7. Food run...(crazy about cow innerds)...

Take your pick....

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
7. Food run...(crazy about cow innerds)...

You should stop watching Bad Taste

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
TITLE 17: INTERSPECIES SUMMIT HEARING 8325-78

Under the Antaris Convention Agreement (ACA), Earth has been classified a wildlife (dull-life?) preserve, meaning it is not to be interferred with by any other civilization else the ramifications by the interstellar coalition would include but not be limited to 1) embargos, 2) economic sanctions, and under severe conditions - 3)military action. The importance of allowing a civilization to develop via their own volition is fundamental to the diversity of the universe. Influences from our cultures could alter social and eventual technological contributions in the future. In addition, if they stick their heads in the sand then it's their own dumb fault.

Hey, it could happen

[edit on 22-10-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
much of that is right on also did it ever occur to you they were here brfore us.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
More like:

TITLE 18: INTERSPECIES SUMMIT HEARING 8325-79

Deferring to the Pleidian Accord, Earth has been deemed an "Interstellar Hazzard" and is to be avoided at all costs. Native sentient life is deemed hostile, and at this time, should only be studied by recognized researchers. It is hoped that this is a natural evolutionary stage of Earthlings, and that one day they will be fit to join the Galactic Federation. Until such time, poaching of Earth creatures is to be punished by a fine of 5000 galactic credits (gc) and/or varying terms of confinement (governed by species poached). Creatures identified as Bovine will carry a 10000 gc fine, due to the high visibility of this action, which violates Article 314B, subsection C, prohibiting exposure to non star-faring beings. Should the Earthlings develop interstellar travel, without overcoming their warlike ways, the planet and it's inhabitants are to be destroyed post-haste in the usual fashion of artificially induced supernova to the system's star.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hitchikers Guide: Subject: Earth (rev.) 001a

Somewhat harmless. (mostly)

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
To make us ponder their reasons for being here.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Not only they visit us,they have implanted bases all over the planet.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnordie
Anyone,
care to speculate on why ETs would visit sol/earth? Seems to me that we are a newbie civilization, 6k to 8k old at the outside. Assuming that ETs have business with other ETs, trade, exchanging info, etc., what on earth could we offer them? (no pun intended)

And,
if they were inclined to make the long trip, light years, would they be more likely to send biobots/organic robots who might collect data and email it back home as opposed to wasting their own time?

This,
question puzzles me. Help!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who ask me why /what I do here -- between you -- who ??

No joke just an other question .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join