It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flood: The biblical god's mindset before and after.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
I am suggesting that these may just be the symptoms of a deeper problem.
Fair enough.

Originally posted by chr0naut
Even the very last stuff written (the book of Revelation) talks of a hive-mind for humanity, living in a single self sustaining human palace that even creates its own water (arkology) in a perfected & post apocalyptic world.
Yeah, the New Jerusalem descending from the heavens sounds like some kind of huge ship.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

You are working from a premise that the literal sacrifice was what God meant. God thinks outside of time. He sees the beginning and end together. The aroma is what the end brings from the sacrifice of the Son in the beginning, before we were created. The Cross is yet another symbol of something else that happened. We are being told the story by our own story, as in a reflection of a mirror in an image.

All of what is in the Bible is both symbolic and historical. It's all based on a destiny and comprises a story that will then be told to us later. Even our own lives are filled with these synchronicities. When Noah made this first sacrifice, it symbolized Christ. Further, it was within a context of the two ages. One age marked by the old order and system of symbolism and the new age marked by a further clarification of the root symbolism. There are many elements of the sacrifice that were presented for the first time in Genesis 8. Later, the Bible would then present more elements for us to consider. When the veil was torn in the first century, we were informed that the true temple was our own body. In Hebrews 9, we are told that the temple is Christ Himself, the first soul or loaf that all the slices of bread were cut from. We are also informed that Christ is the High Priest that is in charge of applying the blood to us. Blood is what makes the new body by WORD (DNA). If we reduce the symbols to their root, there is another story that preceded our own story of reality. The root story is the one we must pay attention to. This commentary below provides many of the details, but to know how this sacrifice works, we need to see why baptism is so misunderstood.

Baptism is the immersion of the soul into the water. Since we are in an image, the soul is not literally here. We are inside the image God Created. It's a copy of the altar in heaven.

Hebrew 9

23 It was necessary, then, for the COPIES of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ did NOT enter a sanctuary made with human hands that WAS ONLY A COPY OF THE TRUE ONE; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. 25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Keep this in mind. We are inside the image God created. The sacrifice of the beast is the beast we occupy while here on Earth. We are shedding that soulish and animal nature in place of a holy nature. When our true essence wakes up, we will inherit a new robe. The Shepherd here cuts away our wool. The wool is pulled over the eyes while our sin is cut away. It is then washed white as snow and returned to us as a robe and crown. The robe is a new body and the crown is our mind. We then live forever.

COMMENTARY

T. Ernest Wilson, USA
Part 2 of 14 of the series Blood Sacrifice in the Scriptures

The universal flood and its aftermath introduced a number of new features connected with man's relationship to God. The wiping out of a whole generation apart from one family is the greatest natural disaster in recorded history. The evidence for it is indelibly written in the geological strata of the earth. Man's sin and departure from God described in Genesis 4-6 was so deep and widespread that the only remedy was a cosmic judgment and a fresh start. In the lengthy period prior to the flood, God had His witnesses in Abel, Seth, Enoch and Noah. We are told that the last two "walked with God", but there is no mention of their offering a blood sacrifice prior to the flood. It is possible that they followed the example of Abel, but the Scriptures are silent concerning it. Enoch was miraculously taken up to heaven out of an increasingly evil environment, Gen. 5. 21-24; Heb, 11. 5; Jude 14-15.

The next great revelation of God was to Noah. "By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith", Heb. 11. 7. Noah preached without making a single convert apart from his own family. As the ark was being constructed, every hammer blow was a sermon that judgment was coming. The ark, made of cypress wood and covered within and outside with pitch, with its single door of entrance and its upper window for light and ventilation, is a wonderful picture of God's way of salvation. It sheltered those inside from the storm of God's wrath and landed them safe on a cleansed and renewed earth.

It was the Lord (Jehovah) who invited Noah and his family into the ark, "Come thou and all thy house into the ark", and it was the Lord who shut him in, Gen. 7. 1, 16. After the deluge, it was God (Elohim) who gave the command, "Go forth of the ark, thou, and thy wife, and thy sons, and thy sons' wives with thee", 8. 15-16.

edit on 19-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Take for instance, the fact that pride is a sin.

What is "the intention behind the law" there? Pride should cause us to strive for perfection. Pride should be a useful survival trait. Why is it then regarded as the greatest of sins?

It would make sense as a sin if we have a destiny as a 'compound intellectual organism', a hive-mind.

Imagine billions of connected minds orgasming together, for eternity (because it is effortless once separated from the need for a physical act), still with full expression, creativity and intellect.

Pride would prevent us from surrendering our individuality in the first place & we'd never get to heaven.

edit on 19/11/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Explain to me the mechanism of blood sacrifice. How did that take away our sins? When god was sitting in heaven and saw Jesus's blood being shed, did he say, "Finally, now I can forgive sins. I was powerless to do so before I saw that blood." ?
edit on 19-11-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

To answer the first question: Yes, see Genesis 6:4

To the second question: I haven't read that they have or haven't done such things with each other. I guess it could be possible though. I think they could probably shift into goldfish and have goldfish offspring with one another if they wanted to - idk.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
So, what was god thinking when he designed these beings like that? Did he not see that one coming?

To the second question: I haven't read that they have or haven't done such things with each other. I guess it could be possible though. I think they could probably shift into goldfish and have goldfish offspring with one another if they wanted to - idk.
I have a fish tank with two new baby fish in it. I wonder if an angel morphed into a fish and is the parent?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Also, how do you know that these beings weren't advanced extra-terrestrials doing genetic experiments on us? Isn't that just as plausible? (no evidence for that either btw)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Explain to me the mechanism of blood sacrifice. How did that take away our sins? When god was sitting in heaven and saw Jesus's blood being shed, did he say, "Finally, now I can forgive sins. I was powerless to do so before I saw that blood." ?
edit on 19-11-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

The Word of God is not the Bible. It's the thing that casts the image. The Bible is an image of the word and DNA is the same. Blood is the DNA and Word of the human seed. Is an acorn the enfolded oak tree or is the oak tree the enfolded information in the acorn? Yes. DNA is the enfolded word that unfolds you. You are no you here in this image of particle and wave. You are the information that cast the image and blood is the water of life.

Baptism is the immersion into the water.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

That WORD of God that encoded you; that was the seed of the Bible; that unfolds history and that ensures our hope for the future is the same Word that is in your blood. The sacrifice of Christ is his involution into every human experience on this planet. That experience is then written in the Lamb's book of life. The new blood that comes from Christ immersing Himself into us and the material world is the same word that then evolves to make us holy.

Gospel of the Nazarenes (Lection 88)

12. For by involution and evolution shall the salvation of all the world be accomplished: by the Descent of Spirit into matter, and the Ascent of matter into Spirit through the ages.

Involution is turning in on one's self (within). Compare this to Luke 17:

20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

What is Christ, the Son of God?

1 Colossians 1: 15

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Think of it another way:

1 Corinthians 10

14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

We are all cut from one loaf and will return as the Church that comprises the new body of Christ.

1 Corinthians 12

12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by[c] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

edit on 19-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
The Word of God is not the Bible. It's the thing that casts the image. The Bible is an image of the word and DNA is the same. Blood is the DNA and Word of the human seed. Is an acorn the enfolded oak tree or is the oak tree the enfolded information in the acorn? Yes. DNA is the enfolded word that unfolds you. You are no you here in this image of particle and wave. You are the information that cast the image and blood is the water of life. Etc.
...trying to figure out if you actually answered my question...

Pretend I'm a child, and have no idea what you said. Could you put it in those terms? Did you answer the question of how blood sacrifice works?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

First question: The end justifies the means. The same goes for our suffering. The only thing that is important is God's enjoyment. That's the only way to explain our reality. Sad but true.

Second question: It's possible but not probable.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I form my ideology by piecing stories or information together like a puzzle. The information that bests fits together is what I use. That is to say, your ET theory doesn't conflict with my ideology, but it does not fit together as well with the other pieces as does angels who can shape-shift.

This is how I read Gen 6:4: (everything in parentheses () )
"when the sons of God(when angels) came in unto the daughters of men(ejaculated into women), and they(the women) bare children to them(had children by them ((angels))"

Add that to Satan's ability to be a snake or the most beautiful angel and all the stories people tell of having come in contact with angels and you have shape-shifters.

Then you can equate that angels/fallen angels could be every form of ETs that people have seen. Not just greys but pleiadians and every thing else as well.

That's what I follow anyway. It fits together with all kinds of other stuff as well, without conflict.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
The Word of God is not the Bible. It's the thing that casts the image. The Bible is an image of the word and DNA is the same. Blood is the DNA and Word of the human seed. Is an acorn the enfolded oak tree or is the oak tree the enfolded information in the acorn? Yes. DNA is the enfolded word that unfolds you. You are no you here in this image of particle and wave. You are the information that cast the image and blood is the water of life. Etc.
...trying to figure out if you actually answered my question...

Pretend I'm a child, and have no idea what you said. Could you put it in those terms? Did you answer the question of how blood sacrifice works?

Involution is where Spirit (Consciousness) involves itself into matter. Matter acts as a veil and the Spirit forgets. By this, there are multitude of forms created and experiences produced that broaden infinity. DNA is Word and so is the nature of Spirit into matter.

For the child in you, you know you have DNA. You know we are involved in matter. You are aware science sees evidence for the result of involution, which is evolution. You now need to decide. Is evolution the cause of life or a result of Spirit?

An upgrade to DNA is offered to us all if we seek the Spirit we came from. A new Robe (Body) and Crown (Mind) is also offered in place of the one we used to first involve into matter. If we fail to reach back before the final judgment, we are left behind.

It's always a choice and that choice is by Faith. Collapsing wave function works by choice and belief to make indeterminate determined. If you want to make your salvation determined, collapse the wave that is offered as a gift.

Your DNA depends on it.

Read the Verses in this Thread (Update to my reply to you the last time).

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Explain to me the mechanism of blood sacrifice. How did that take away our sins?

Sin isn't a physical stain on the person and the blood isn't some kind of a detergent that would get rid of it. The word "mechanism" denotes a physical process in which blood get rids of sin.

Animal/blood sacrifices are representative of the man willingly giving up one of his animals (which otherwise he could benefit from) to God... in order to atone for his sin.

When a man sacrifices an animal to atone for his sins, he is saying "I am sorry I have sinned. Please accept this from me as a form of payment.". Also, the sacrifice is carried out in a certain state of mind, meaning he needs to possess the right intent, which is most important. He should not do it thinking "oh man, thats one less sheep in my flock now".

edit on 19-11-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

How do you say. Because those that died were undesirables as there ability to adjust to the new world that will be set before you is far to important to be hemmed by them.

In other words the Humans before and after the flood are different in each other. How do you say well there genetic make up was just a stepping stone to the final cause. They'll be back again through reincarnation trust me you'll breed like rabbits.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Good observations~

It would appear we can surmise at least that the god of the bible is referring to two entities (excluding the possibilities of bi-polar behavior for simplicity sake)...if not obviously obscured with omissions and obstructions to the original orthodoxy.

In either event - feel your intuition and you will know your truth!

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I don't see the problem here at all. God exists outside of time and possibly outside of the concept of cause and effect, which is really just an illusion, a constraint imposed on creation.

So God simultaneously creates past present and future. He introduces free will into his creation knowing that many will reject him and receive the consequence of doing so. The ministry of Noah was preordained as was the ministry of Jesus.

When God speaks to a human, he relates to them in a way they will understand, as a being constrained by time. So when God repents of doing something, it simply means that henceforth, in that timeline God will not act as he did before. This too was all preordained.

We can all have fun speculating, why didn't God make it easy for his creation. Why not make it impossible to sin? ie make robots? Why allow man to be tempted in a way that guarantees failure? ie in the garden of eden? Ultimately by doing so God reveals his love for us, by redeeming us through Jesus, and he has a kingdom that fully understands what the consequences are of the rejection of God's perfect plan, and are committed to his plan.

Otherwise the character of the free willed human would never have been tested, and we would never know just how precious and valuable the kingdom truly is. So the endgame puts us on a far better footing, at the expense of the 'light and momentary' troubles of this world, for those who are followers of Jesus Christ.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

In their youth = In their past.

They 'were' evil, but now are not.

Even so, this story is incorrect. The Book of Enoch clarifies the issue but for even more clarity have a read of:

The Chronicle Project

These guys are using the Ancient Hebrew bible and retranslating (more like translating the very original meanings/concepts) it using a Self-defining language system within the hebrew language itself.

Their translations have revealed that Genesis mentions nothing of the blame on humans and again blames 'The Supreme Ones' or as some now know them 'The Watchers'.

The original translation of the Tower of Babel actually mentions nothing of a tower but instead mentions a great city that was built but then ruled by an evil leader so 'God' brought the place down.

There are so many translation errors, if this reiteration is to be believed (how can it not? it makes so much sense) then every copy of the bible is wrong.

The blame in the bible is put their to make us feel guilty so we can be controlled. It's all BS and this reiteration of the Ancient Hebrew Bible supports this.

Some other cool concepts they've discovered is that Earth may have been selected amongst a group of already known habitable planets/to add to the group of already habited planets.
edit on 20-11-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
you weren't there, and you're not God.

he got fed up, by the looks of things.

and if you read the story, it wasn't the majority, or a few, but every single human being on earth, except noah, were completely evil, i.e. animals.

back then mankind wasn't the billions there are now, it was probably more like a few hundred thousand, maybe far less.

i wouldn't be surprised if they were killing kids and eating them, debauchery of all kinds, pure evil and wickedness in every way, were kids weren't even safe. don't use your imagination unless you want to puke.

to get God fed up, it must of been sickening to watch and see day in and day out.

drastic actions need drastic solutions. that's why it only occurred once in mankinds history. and it'll happen again if there is not one good person left on earth worth saving.

edit on 20-11-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
What I don't get is if God promised not to smite man again after the flood, and even made a pretty rainbow -- how does one explain Revelations and the "End Times"? You know, all those pestilences and whatnot. I thought God said he wouldn't kill off most of humanity?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

i guess it's the offerings by noah. first god is angry, then god smells the burning offerings and then god is better tempered.

Makes me wonder what Noah was cooking or burning...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join