It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flood: The biblical god's mindset before and after.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackManINC
It is my understanding from your original post that you didn't even understand the main reason why God flooded the earth in the first place. You continually repeat yourself with this idea that God is all-knowing as if that means anything in itself. God gave us the free will to follow his commandments from the very beginning in the Garden of Eden. We weren't created as a bunch of automatons, like some robot, or lowly animals that can't think beyond there basic instincts, we were created in the image of God, with a mind of our own, and were given specific rules to follow from the get go. In reality, we failed him, and him being "all-knowing" is irrelevant to this basic fact when it comes down to it.
edit on 20-11-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)
Yes, I'm aware that the book of Enoch says that the reason for the flood was to get rid of the Nephilim, which did not work. The bible isn't too clear on the Nephilim thing. I posted a verse from the bible that gave a reason for the flood, the heart of man was evil continuously. God said he wouldn't destroy all of mankind again because he realizes the hearts of man are evil from their youth. So it's kind of strange that the bible says he won't do it again for the same reason he did it to begin with.

Now, if he sent the flood to kill the Nephilim, but didn't kill them...don't you think he knew it wouldn't work? So why send it?

p.s. I'm not arguing anything about free will, or us being robots, or things like that. I'm merely arguing what god said before and after he sent the flood. It's strange.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Of course its for a different reason.
But who decides what reason is somehow better?
Is it ok to use animals for fur and animal testing? Admit it, its not like the secular world treats animals any better. So there is really no ground to have an issue with religious people "using" animals for their purposes.
I can see your point.

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
A man had to be truly sorry from his heart in order to make a sacrifice, it wasn't like paying a fine.
Animal sacrifice was symbolic of his repentance.
If he was truly sorry, why did he need an animal to die to show it? God couldn't see his heart?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hydroman,

Please tell me what your issue is with the God concept? I want to help.
edit on 20-11-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Man wasn't the issue.

Man was PHYSICALLY corrupted by The actions of the Supreme ones, these were the beings under the authority of God (which the restored hebrew meaning is 'Ruler of All', an entirely different entity to the Supreme ones).

There was no need to forgive Humans. They had done no wrong. Ruler of All knew this but Ruler of All also had to wipe the Earth clean of all the monsters spawned by The Supreme Ones offspring. So the Supreme Ones, being the creators, took the best genetic specimens of Man and told them to collect every uncorrupted animal they could and bring it onto the Ark.

Then the Supreme Ones dropped the Water canopy that surrounded the planet at that time, this canopy also being the reason Humans at that time lived for so long, and that canopy flooded the entire Earth temporarily. This killed almost everything of the monsters. Some of the Supreme ones offspring survived.

The sacrifice wasn't a sacrifice but merely a feast which the Supreme Ones (and not the Ruler of All) visited.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
Hydroman,

Please tell me what your issue is with the God concept? I want to help.
The proof that there is a god.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Man wasn't the issue.

Man was PHYSICALLY corrupted by The actions of the Supreme ones, these were the beings under the authority of God (which the restored hebrew meaning is 'Ruler of All', an entirely different entity to the Supreme ones).

There was no need to forgive Humans. They had done no wrong. Ruler of All knew this but Ruler of All also had to wipe the Earth clean of all the monsters spawned by The Supreme Ones offspring. So the Supreme Ones, being the creators, took the best genetic specimens of Man and told them to collect every uncorrupted animal they could and bring it onto the Ark.

Then the Supreme Ones dropped the Water canopy that surrounded the planet at that time, this canopy also being the reason Humans at that time lived for so long, and that canopy flooded the entire Earth temporarily. This killed almost everything of the monsters. Some of the Supreme ones offspring survived.

The sacrifice wasn't a sacrifice but merely a feast which the Supreme Ones (and not the Ruler of All) visited.

One more time. Is this god all-knowing? If so, did he not know that the flood would not end the Nephilim? If he did know, why send the flood? Why not zap them off of the earth, that way he wouldn't kill all the other animals and innocent people?
edit on 20-11-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

A lot of the animals had been genetically corrupted, so the story tells.

Maybe it wasn't a worldwide flood but something more localised. Maybe Ruler of All and the Supreme ones did this with countless amounts of Humans all around the Planet (given the Planets racial diversity it seems the Supreme ones did) and this Hebrew story is only their experience of the event in regards to that region of the Planet, or the recounting of the event for the Hebrew people.

And the Ruler of All and the Supreme Ones are NOT all knowing. That idea is a fallacy. These are just super-advanced beings possibly existing in a realm that isn't even like our physical realm so for them to experience 'physicality' may be something more akin to a three year olds first visit to a toy store. Like a child not comprehending that these toys need to be bought before being played with, the 'Supreme Ones' were not fully comprehending the problems created by their involvement with Humans, and the Ruler of All didn't stop them because he entrusted them with the terraforming of Planet Earth and he didn't expect them to react the way they did to the beauty of Human women (who can blame them, the female figure is amazingly beautiful)

edit: Even for an Alien, searching the entire planet for Nephilim and corrupted animals would be a big task when you could easily collect the best specimens and wipe everything else out. Start anew. It's cruel but it's no different than culling diseased farm animals and even undiseased farm animals near the vicinity that may have only just been infected, or not, but it's easier to kill them than to call a vet to test them.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Forgive my ignorance but I have to ask...
Where are you getting your information from?
What religion, sect, etc, please?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I gave the link earlier.

It is no religion or sect.

The Chronicle Project are restoring the translations of the Ancient Hebrew bible using a Self defining language system discovered within the Hebrew language itself.

Research notes ( How they discovered the Self defining Hebrew)

It is very very cool what they are doing. This is the source of the Ancient Hebrew material that they are restoring.

Even they are shocked at what they are discovering because they are Jewish too.

Pulled straight off their home page

Welcome to the Chronicle Project Home Page
If you are new to the SDH System for Ancient Hebrew Text Restoration, please read our research notes on page 2 ( research notes and dictionary link found at the top of this page) before proceeding. This will inform you regarding our discovery and help you understand how the system works.

Please note, this is our discovery of an already present system, and not a work developed by us.
Our research has only revealed its presence and operational details.
It is in no way a bible CODE nor does it support that idea. It is also completely NON compatible with how most experts believe that the ancient Hebrew language works.
our Source for the Hebrew is found here
www.mechon-mamre.org...

The Chronicle Project.org is a research site only. All material may be freely copied and distributed without charge. Although the thought is kind, we do not accept donations so that we may remain neutral in this research.

It should also be noted that the restoration work is done without bias to the translation as this discovery (as mentioned) shows ancient Hebrew to have a Self Defining embedded system. Therefore the corrected texts on this site, are free from doctrinal bias. We apply the system, and print what is found, even though it does not fit with many of our personal beliefs. With that, these texts, are not translated, but rather restored to their original content.

Final Note
This discovery is not intended to create a new sect or division. It is intended only for the purpose of revealing the Hebrew texts as close to it's original form as we can.

Please do not send emails regarding the history of the language as is presently understood. We are well versed regarding history, development, and present understanding of the language, but thank you for the consideration.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
Sure. Each paragraph above summarized.

The Spirit of God occupies you and is the reason you have mind. His mind is with you as you develop yours. All of this is information, or what the Bible calls Word. In the realm of computers, we call it programming, yet God's programming is consciousness and the ability to be aware of self.

Spirit gives you everything and you only do two things. You think and move. Your eyes see and your hair grows. The Earth turns and the Sun shines. You do none of it. You do two things. You think and move. DNA is the reflection of the same Word (Information) that allows the process. You use what is provided and change things around you by choices and thought.

If we seek the Spirit in Love, the two become one. In other words, we join with the Spirit and something new is created. We have examples of this all around us. Husband and wife fall in love and become one. Sperm and egg become one to create the child. The child develops in a womb, just like we develop on Earth and has the chance to bond with the Spirit in Love. If there is no Love, there is no union and nothing new is created. The change ends at this lost opportunity. We are promised an upgrade to our body and mind when we are born again in the Spirit.

It's always a choice and that choice is by Faith. Faith makes things possible. Choices are made on faith that what is determined will happen. This is called Hope. The Hope offered by the Spirit is that overcoming the hardships of this life produce reward in the next. Suffering is the point of life and faith allows us to suffer the correct direction. If you take something, you suffer the debt that comes as a result. If you produce something by suffering for that thing you earn, then reward follows. Smoke and you get cancer. Work out in a gym and you gain health. Taking reward (like smoking) always leads to suffering. Giving forward by suffering work always produces reward. Work a job and get a paycheck.

Along the way, we find God and the Spirit guiding us if love is in our hearts. If not, we are on our own and we end our soul's existence from lack of effort for the supreme good that life offers us all.

Hope that helps. My kids understand it fine.

Since all living things have DNA, does this apply to all of them? Trees, insects, fish, etc.?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Maybe it wasn't a worldwide flood but something more localised.
It took Noah and his sons 100 years to build the Ark, if I remember correctly. That's plenty of time to pack up and move to another location outside the flood zone, instead of building a boat.

And the Ruler of All and the Supreme Ones are NOT all knowing. That idea is a fallacy. These are just super-advanced beings possibly existing in a realm that isn't even like our physical realm so for them to experience 'physicality' may be something more akin to a three year olds first visit to a toy store. Like a child not comprehending that these toys need to be bought before being played with, the 'Supreme Ones' were not fully comprehending the problems created by their involvement with Humans, and the Ruler of All didn't stop them because he entrusted them with the terraforming of Planet Earth...
Where are the Supreme Ones now?

and he didn't expect them to react the way they did to the beauty of Human women (who can blame them, the female figure is amazingly beautiful)
I can understand that from a human perspective. Are you attracted to chimpanzees? If not, why do you think this other species would be attracted to humans?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
Sure. Each paragraph above summarized.

The Spirit of God occupies you and is the reason you have mind. His mind is with you as you develop yours. All of this is information, or what the Bible calls Word. In the realm of computers, we call it programming, yet God's programming is consciousness and the ability to be aware of self.

Spirit gives you everything and you only do two things. You think and move. Your eyes see and your hair grows. The Earth turns and the Sun shines. You do none of it. You do two things. You think and move. DNA is the reflection of the same Word (Information) that allows the process. You use what is provided and change things around you by choices and thought.

If we seek the Spirit in Love, the two become one. In other words, we join with the Spirit and something new is created. We have examples of this all around us. Husband and wife fall in love and become one. Sperm and egg become one to create the child. The child develops in a womb, just like we develop on Earth and has the chance to bond with the Spirit in Love. If there is no Love, there is no union and nothing new is created. The change ends at this lost opportunity. We are promised an upgrade to our body and mind when we are born again in the Spirit.

It's always a choice and that choice is by Faith. Faith makes things possible. Choices are made on faith that what is determined will happen. This is called Hope. The Hope offered by the Spirit is that overcoming the hardships of this life produce reward in the next. Suffering is the point of life and faith allows us to suffer the correct direction. If you take something, you suffer the debt that comes as a result. If you produce something by suffering for that thing you earn, then reward follows. Smoke and you get cancer. Work out in a gym and you gain health. Taking reward (like smoking) always leads to suffering. Giving forward by suffering work always produces reward. Work a job and get a paycheck.

Along the way, we find God and the Spirit guiding us if love is in our hearts. If not, we are on our own and we end our soul's existence from lack of effort for the supreme good that life offers us all.

Hope that helps. My kids understand it fine.

Since all living things have DNA, does this apply to all of them? Trees, insects, fish, etc.?

The only verse I know of is in the Gospel of Thomas. It's not entirely evident what he is saying here.

(3) Jesus said: If those who lead you say to you: See, the kingdom is in heaven, then the birds of the heaven will go before you; if they say to you: It is in the sea, then the fish will go before you. But the kingdom is within you, and it is outside of you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will know that you are the sons of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you are in poverty, and you are poverty.

My commentary on this is here: Thomas Commentary

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

and he didn't expect them to react the way they did to the beauty of Human women (who can blame them, the female figure is amazingly beautiful)
I can understand that from a human perspective. Are you attracted to chimpanzees? If not, why do you think this other species would be attracted to humans?

Well, I would reckon that it has a lot to do with us being specifically created in the image of God himself, which is why it says that we were given dominion over this planet and all the animals on it and within it, which is why we're Satan's number one target, not chimpanzees. The Angels, or the "Sons of God" that got busy with human women were made to be about two steps above us, and were often mistaken as humans in appearance, so that in itself would have made this demonic copulation in Genesis 6 a lot easier.
edit on 21-11-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Not sure about the timeline because the restoration of the Ancient Hebrew version doesn't mention time. Plus they were assigned the task of collecting the untainted animals. I suspect the time frame to be much shorter than 100 years.

They up and left. Maybe on a journey back here. Maybe they never left. Maybe they're the Reptilians. Maybe the story of the ancient bible is still a cover story to hide the real activities being forced upon humans by a superior advanced race. All we have are these stories. And even these have been mistranslated, sometimes purposefully, so our ancient ancient history is still so unclear yet there is still a trend within ancient societies.

Some humans suffer from disorders that make them attracted to animals, why is it out of the realms of possibility to consider that these beings found the Human form beautiful and maybe even the act of sex itself. Maybe they can physically see the energy created and wanted to experience it themselves. It's all speculation. Everything, But we have ancient book alluding to the fact that advanced beings played a part in our past. Sumerian, Babylonian, Judean history, South american indians, North American indians, Ancient India....all allude to the fact that these 'Gods' were more than just human.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The proof that there is a god.

This is a statement I have a hard time understanding. I seem to have always known there was a God... or a force that creates as I too am a creator. We all are.

My personal perception leads me to know there is indeed a Universal Creator. The design of life and the nature of said life is not something that can just appear without a force creating it.

So knowing there is a God makes me question how he/she/it did it. I want to know the mechanics.

Wanting to know the how and whys I have studied at length science, quantum mechanics, physics, nde's, and every religion I can get my hands on.

People tell a story which makes his-story. Its evident the ancient people were more connected with spirit (within themselves and nature) than material. The latter statement then leads me to believe God is spirit. Material is something he is not. God is an energy force and Jesus came to tell his-story. There is more though.... Jesus also tells our story.

The Bible verses are not something you can always take in without meditating on its truer meaning. The Words within are from spirit so we have to take it layer by layer. Just as when he speaks of Israel. Jacob's name was changed to Israel. The tribes of Israel are spread out. We, the people are the tribes of Israel. We are rebellious. We are stars illuminating our light here on Earth.

The Flood happened to get rid of the unclean, for there was a greater purpose to be had.... kind of like a reboot or reset. Life here on Earth is not something we should take lightly, however it is not something we should hang on to either. We are here to learn and to give. Giving is what God is. He is Love.

The earth being a live entity her self will not allow us to destroy her. Look around today. There is a lot of pain being had with the earth by our hands. Do you think she will continue to allow us to smash atoms in the depths of her womb? Do you think she likes all the pollution in her blood? Are we helping her sustain or are we killing her?

I don't think God sends fires and floods. Our choices cause an effect whether they be good or bad. It is law in my opinion that each cause creates an effect. I do think however the angels are allowed to interfere on our behalf IF we ask for help. Our conscience also responds quite well to a question. If we ask our self something we get the answer and or the help. Say you need to get up in the morning at 5am. You don't have an alarm. You ask yourself to get up at 5am. You are hoping you do not over sleep and get up at 5am. 9 times out of ten you will get up at 5am with no alarm needed. You subconsciously created what you needed.

We are stars who have so much light to give. The Kingdom of Heaven is within us all. We are more than human beings..... we are spirit energies with a purpose.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackManINC
Well, I would reckon that it has a lot to do with us being specifically created in the image of God himself, which is why it says that we were given dominion over this planet and all the animals on it and within it, which is why we're Satan's number one target, not chimpanzees. The Angels, or the "Sons of God" that got busy with human women were made to be about two steps above us, and were often mistaken as humans in appearance, so that in itself would have made this demonic copulation in Genesis 6 a lot easier.
Are you saying that the Angels were not attracted to the women and just wanted to mess up the bloodlines? Doesn't the bible say they were attracted to them? That's why I made the correlation. Wouldn't it be like us being attracted to chimpanzees, who are similar in appearance to us, except for all the hair? Just wondering how one species would be attracted to a totally different species, and even capable of having sex with them bearing children. I mean, if we had sex with a chimpanzee, there wouldn't be children produced. So, how did this happen?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
This is a statement I have a hard time understanding. I seem to have always known there was a God... or a force that creates as I too am a creator. We all are.
I may not be able to explain how things have happened, but that doesn't mean I insert "God did it" when I can't figure it out. Ancient people made that mistake all the time.

You are a creator? What do you mean by that?

People tell a story which makes his-story.
"His-story" only works in English, and I'm pretty sure that English was invented later. I don't know people use that as if it really means something.

The Flood happened to get rid of the unclean, for there was a greater purpose to be had....
It didn't work.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
According to the work at the chronicle project, this is the event line.

God had lost ownership of Earth, as the ownership had been stolen by the overseer at the time life on the Earth was put down here by God, the overseer and the supreme ones.
The overseer had tricked Adam and eve into putting themselves under him. As God had turned right of ownership over to Adam and Eve, he had no recourse when they made the overseer their leader.
God then had to sit and watch as he had no legal right to interfere.

A group called the watchers, of the supreme ones (authorities) decided to break rank and take wives, because they had seen men produce long bloodlines and become the fathers of whole nations, and this appealed to them as they could be the gods of men. God warned them not to do this, but they did it anyway.

These entities bred with the humans as their more complex DNA was not species restricted, but their genetics did not match and the children became giants.
These giants then experimented by copulating with anything big enough, lizards, cattle etc. Which produced all manner of abominations. Possibly explains why meat eating dinosaurs are two legged with small front arms and plant eaters are four legged. This could also explain the myths of pans, centaurs etc.

The watchers became known as the Nephilim, which means fallen ones. They taught things to man, including war. The giants began to use up all of the resources of the Earth, as not all of earth had been planted originally, only Eden, so the resources were limited. The giants began to eat the humans, and war and terror broke out.

God realized that unless he did something, everything would be destroyed. At that time, one man, Noah came forward to find him and asked for help. God told him and his family to move to a secluded area and the supreme ones and Noah's family constructed a ship. Groups of animals were brought and the clean ones were loaded onto the ship.

On a pre designated day, something occurred that made the oceans leave their place and rush over the earth as a mega tsunami, destroying all of the abominations that were left. This was not done to destroy the humans, as by this time there were almost none left.

You know the rest of the story.

Later on in Earth history, other groups of watchers did the same thing. When Israel was going to go into the promised land, they came back and said it was full of giants, as this area had become re infected

This also probably explains the legends of the gods, such as Zeus and the others.
Zeus's son Hercules as an example was conceived of a woman, also was a giant with the strength of ten men.

Jesus also stated that this would occur again in the end of days, that the false gods from the time of Noah would escape the prison they had been put in under the desert of Dudiel in Israel and take over the earth again.

The worst of them was Azazel, who would be the beast that arises from the prison to rule the earth.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Well we had demons and their hybrid children roaming the earth in physical form, once that was gone, and would be stopped from happening again, God felt better about things, thus he made the rainbow covenant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join