It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusted by Israel's Actions (Middle East Rant)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Firstly, let me express my utter disgust for what Israel is doing right now.

They are using one of the most advanced airforces in the world to launch airstrikes and drone attacks on one of the most densely populated areas on the planet.

Hamas is firing rockets into Israel- but the death tolls per side already show this as a sick, one sided conflict that is made even worse by the fact Israel's military is primarily in existence because of American tax payer money.

In the 2008-09 3 week Gaza offensive, over 1,400 Palestinians were killed and 13 Israelis were killed. That kind of sums up what we are seeing now, American tax dollars are funding an incredibly one sided conflict. Nothing can justify the level of response Israel is carrying out against a civilian population.

To make it even worse, is the fact that Israel sells arms and technology to China and Russia. As of 2005, the 2nd largest exporter of arms to China is Israel. Now just think about this-

China and Russia support Iran and in recent years, Iran is one of the largest funding powers behind Hamas who are firing the rockets into Israel.

So let's just break down what has happened over the years-

1- America and other western allies fund the Israeli military to make them the strongest and most advanced military power in the region.

2- Israel sells a fair % of these weapons and technology to Russia and China.

3- Russia and China support Iran, a nation who is in Israel's beliefs, intent on 'destroying the Zionists'.

4- Iran, in recent years especially, is one of the largest funders of Hamas whose main ambition is to remove Israel from Palestine.

It's absolute insanity and the victims of this 'Military Industrial Complex' are the people. People in Israel are suffering as they have to live in fear of rockets being fired from Hamas, and even more so in Palestine, where warplanes and drones are dropping bombs paid for by the American tax dollars.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

1- America and other western allies fund the Israeli military to make them the strongest and most advanced military power in the region.
3- Russia and China support Iran, a nation who is in Israel's beliefs, intent on 'destroying the Zionists'.
4- Iran, in recent years especially, is one of the largest funders of Hamas whose main ambition is to remove Israel from Palestine.

Welcome to the capitalist world were profit and greed rain supreme, and megalomaniac sociopaths run riot unabated.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski

Welcome to the capitalist world were profit and greed rain supreme, and megalomaniac sociopaths run riot unabated.

Bravo. Couldn´t have said it better myself. A shiny blue star for you.
edit on 19-11-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Nice rant

I have been rather angry about the current events unfolding in Gaza and Israel to the point where I can barely post without wanting to lash out but I know that is not the answer as it will not solve anything.

I would like to share this video that I came across today, this Rabbi speaks the truth and his words moved me and it makes me feel good to see my fellow Canadians such as this man and those who attended the rally speak out against the Israeli Zionists.

Now I am just waiting for someone to come along and call this Rabbi an anti semite.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I think that orthodox jews are worried when the world turns on the jews(which the way Israel are going, they will do), that they will be blamed and painted with the same brush as Israeli Zionists.

Plus it not about anti semite or jew haters, it's about human rights and basic morals, and everyone knows its only the right wing Israeli government causing this misery, not the jewish people of the world.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Well i guess Hamas should have learned by now but Iran pays them to do this. Hamas, their pure hate and ignorance is to blame, nobody else!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If Mexico launched a bottle rocket into el paso, America would respond with it's full military force. Why Israel is held to another standard is beyond me. Well, not really, I know why the world hates Israel, and will continue to up until the point of the attempted extermination of the nation. It doesn't end well for the invaders. The book of fairy tales that brings anger to ATS God hating hordes spelled all of this out 2000 years ago

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Without justifying any side, let me just figure out how this was supposed to work.
Israel will strip its soldiers of their modern military equipment and send them to fight with stones,( eventually some of them can get sticks,) then explain to them that they must die at the same ratio as the palestinians die, otherwise the world will think bad of them. Because they must fight the fair fight and use only the same military force that their opponents are using.
Then Israel will stop the Iron Dome activity, and any other antirocket equipment they use, then forbid all civilians from retreating to bunkers, eventually group them on the streets every time palestinians launch a rocket, in the hope that they finally hit and kill few hundreds of israeli civilians, so the score can be even. And the world will finally see their response as justified.

I mean, are you kidding, right?
The question is who is so stupid to start a fight with an enemy so much more powerful, and how much Hamas care about their civilians if they keep firing?
And maybe the people of Israel are asking themselves a similar question: how come, when we spend so much on army and have such a strong military force, those "poor" palestinians with no army whatsoever are still firing at us every day?
edit on 19-11-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

The question is who is so stupid to start a fight with an enemy so much more powerful, and how much Hamas care about their civilians if they keep firing?

Here's a theory.

People who are watching their children and families starving and slowly dying with lack of medical needs, having their homes farms and lively hood destroyed, and have nothing left ?

Just a though.

What would you do in these circumstances ?

Remember who owns the media and how it works..

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This is how media works:

What happens when the cameras turn up at the scene of an airstrike in Gaza and there simply aren't enough Palestinian dead and injured to produce dramatic footage that can be used against Israel in the international media?

Then there is the abundance of images of Syrian children exploited yet again as Palestinian. At least the Syrian conflict is finally getting some attention.

The Media War Hall of Shame

It goes deeper and uglier than we can imagine.
edit on 19-11-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

It is not kindergarten politics in the middle east, contrary to your opinion of the matter.

Israel have clearly stated that what they require from Hamas in Gaza that they stop firing rockets into Israel. The Palestinians in Gaza have been constantly shelling the south for years; Israel have just lost patience again with it. With all the instability in this region, in Syria, Egypt and Iran, etc, Israel are forced to play a strong hand.

Ok, you fashionably blame Israel for their inhumanity yet you avoid any commentary on the inhumanity of the Palestinians that they hide their millitary operatives among the civilians, making their own blood both a target and an attempt at creating a human shield; deliberately firing rockets from civilian residential areas. You see these people know that for every Palestinian child that dies as a result of Israeli weaponry this will help their cause in the wider world. I assure you this is a Palestinian tactic.

Big bad Israel, just for defending its borders. Israel is there for good. Islam must realise this, they must accept it. The Jewish people had to return there; Europe made that a necessity all those years ago in Germany and surrounding states.

I am sure you are a man of good conscience and are very upset that children are being killed. That is what war is; it is barbaric and pointless, a sad waste of human life, time and resources. It is not desirable a tall. Yet in the real world, when real rockets are flying into your backyard, it becomes a necessary response.

I despise war. There is nothing noble about watching young men and women being maimed and their emotions ruined. Yet what alternative do the Israelis have? Should they just tolerate the rockets? Should my friends in Ashdod have to live in a constant state of terror?

If it helps I suggest you imagine yourself in this situation. Think what you would do if you were the boss having to make all these decisions in this real world.

It is not simple and there are no easy answers. I do believe that if the Palestinian operatives would stop firing rockets into Israel, then Israel would stop its bombardment of Gaza. This is the undesirable situation we have arrived at; it is deadly and it needs to be addressed now.

There is may be a little light at the end of the tunnel because now the UN will have to take notice instead of constantly shuffling this huge problem under the carpet.

I despair at humanity generally that they are willing to kill each other this way. It will never be right. Yet here we are again and now only serious diplomatic effort and attention can resolve this escalation of conflict.

edit on 19-11-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Israel is abound with hypocrisy...

They use the podium of defending innocents to kill innocents. They proclaim the Hamas terrorism must be stopped then up the ante and commit terrorism of their own. The use "innocent" as a justification to kill "innocent" and some how...this makes sense.

To me its proof positive that Israel's proclamations are empty...They cannot possibly be concerned about innocent people...they are merely using it to garner support for their inhumane and rather illogically insane actions.

The phrase "two wrongs don't make a right" that we teach our children is apparent too complex a concept for Israel admin to grasp...or they are just really that bloodthirsty.

I never really liked Israel much to begin with I can't say I've ever agreed with their "poor us" point of view...and I've never believed a word that has ever came out of their mouths because the ones that aren't out right lies and propaganda are so full of hypocritical self righteous indignation that it induces a gag reflex in even the most durable gut...

I do believe things balance themselves out in the end...and Israel will reap what they sow as well as the US...the unfortunate part is the innocents that will get caught in the mix as the scales right themselves.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

It is not kindergarten politics in the middle east, contrary to your opinion of the matter.

Israel have clearly stated that what they require from Hamas in Gaza that they stop firing rockets into Israel. The Palestinians in Gaza have been constantly shelling the south for years; Israel have just lost patience again with it. With all the instability in this region, in Syria, Egypt and Iran, etc, Israel are forced to play a strong hand.

Ok, you fashionably blame Israel for their inhumanity yet you avoid any commentary on the inhumanity of the Palestinians that they hide their millitary operatives among the civilians, making their own blood both a target and an attempt at creating a human shield; deliberately firing rockets from civilian residential areas. You see these people know that for every Palestinian child that dies as a result of Israeli weaponry this will help their cause in the wider world. I assure you this is a Palestinian tactic.

Big bad Israel, just for defending its borders. Israel is there for good. Islam must realise this, they must accept it. The Jewish people had to return there; Europe made that a necessity all those years ago in Germany and surrounding states.

I am sure you are a man of good conscience and are very upset that children are being killed. That is what war is; it is barbaric and pointless, a sad waste of human life, time and resources. It is not desirable a tall. Yet in the real world, when real rockets are flying into your backyard, it becomes a necessary response.

I despise war. There is nothing noble about watching young men and women being maimed and their emotions ruined. Yet what alternative do the Israelis have? Should they just tolerate the rockets? Should my friends in Ashdod have to live in a constant state of terror?

If it helps I suggest you imagine yourself in this situation. Think what you would do if you were the boss having to make all these decisions in this real world.

It is not simple and there are no easy answers. I do believe that if the Palestinian operatives would stop firing rockets into Israel, then Israel would stop its bombardment of Gaza. This is the undesirable situation we have arrived at; it is deadly and it needs to be addressed now.

There is may be a little light at the end of the tunnel because now the UN will have to take notice instead of constantly shuffling this huge problem under the carpet.

I despair at humanity generally that they are willing to kill each other this way. It will never be right. Yet here we are again and now only serious diplomatic effort and attention can resolve this escalation of conflict.

edit on 19-11-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

In the 2008-09 3 week Gaza conflict, Israel suffered 13 dead.

Palestinians suffered over 1,400 dead.

Everything you say in Israel's defense is meaningless when you consider the death tolls for each side.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I was going to type a long well thought out reply, and then realized it is pointless. If you have the beliefs you have you have had to already discard logic and reason. Hamas declared war, Hamas launches rockets, Israel responds. Dont like it? Get Hamas to stop. People of Gaza are sick of it? Get Hamas to stop. The civilians are enablers of terrorism by backing Hamas.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

you forgot to mention the constant encroachment by Israel

into Palestinian land through theft & murder..

also, you forgot to mention

that Israel HAS an undeclared nuclear weapon arsenal

& multiple violations at the UN....

lets hope the Palestine proposal for membership and statehood to the UN is accepted

so their voice can be heard & justice served..

Israel using a Palestinian child as a shield on their hood..

edit on 20-11-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I think that orthodox jews are worried when the world turns on the jews(which the way Israel are going, they will do), that they will be blamed and painted with the same brush as Israeli Zionists.

Plus it not about anti semite or jew haters, it's about human rights and basic morals, and everyone knows its only the right wing Israeli government causing this misery, not the jewish people of the world.

Zionists are to Jews what the KKK is to white people.

The problem is, people can't seem to understand that.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
They've been doing this since circa 1947 and you're disgusted now...?!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman
reply to post by Revolution9

Israel using a Palestinian child as a shield on their hood..

edit on 20-11-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

the caption on that pic sounds like propaganda to me....That could be any number of situations being taken out of context...obviously the kid continues to sit there willingly as I didn't see him tied down....if he was tied down to the truck I would have been sold on the caption. As for now I simply think its a rather innocent pic being taken out of context or used as propaganda...saying he was being used as a shield seems like a bit of a reach imho...

and I'm not defending Israel...read my above post if you are curious where I stand on the issue.

I just really don't like propaganda regardless of where or who it comes from...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Gaza shot first, they deserve to be destroyed! Very stupid to attack a stronger force, Hamas is waiting to fool the other countries. Israel should invade Gaza and kill all the rats and roaches, they must protect their citizens and the city! When are these people going to wake up and see that all people have the same value regardless of their religion!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
Firstly, let me express my utter disgust for what Israel is doing right now.

They are using one of the most advanced airforces in the world to launch airstrikes and drone attacks on one of the most densely populated areas on the planet.

Hamas is firing rockets into Israel- but the death tolls per side already show this as a sick, one sided conflict that is made even worse by the fact Israel's military is primarily in existence because of American tax payer money.

In the 2008-09 3 week Gaza offensive, over 1,400 Palestinians were killed and 13 Israelis were killed. That kind of sums up what we are seeing now, American tax dollars are funding an incredibly one sided conflict. Nothing can justify the level of response Israel is carrying out against a civilian population.

To make it even worse, is the fact that Israel sells arms and technology to China and Russia. As of 2005, the 2nd largest exporter of arms to China is Israel. Now just think about this-

China and Russia support Iran and in recent years, Iran is one of the largest funding powers behind Hamas who are firing the rockets into Israel.

So let's just break down what has happened over the years-

It's absolute insanity and the victims of this 'Military Industrial Complex' are the people. People in Israel are suffering as they have to live in fear of rockets being fired from Hamas, and even more so in Palestine, where warplanes and drones are dropping bombs paid for by the American tax dollars.

Good and accurate assessment. You will, of course, be accused of antisemitism for speaking plain truth, but I'm sure you know that. What the israelis have been doing to the palestinians since 1948 is beyond evil. I don't think there is a word that adequately describes it. As an american, I am deeply ashamed that my government supports this, funds this, stands by this. I've spoken out; but in america, as I have discovered personally, criticizing israel leads to your destruction, personally and professionally. No dissent is allowed.

I speak out anyway. My conscience won't allow me to be silent. I am seriously considering renouncing my american citizenship over this, at some point. If I can find a country that does NOT stand with psychopathic child-killers.

I'm not sure such a place exists..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join