It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information age, what age next?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
As the availability of information increase across the globe, what will happen? The information I speak of is absolutely everything. I have often looked at the upcoming generation and noticed how overwhelmed by information they are, and somewhat corrupted by it. It seems to me that a lot of the moral integrity is being destroyed by it.
The media, movies, internet, music... all are playing what I feel to be the most major role in completely restructuring our world within the next generation. Ever notice how successive generations tend to get smarter and a little more risky, a little less integrous, a little less traditional? Because of this, the information age, what will come next? I assume that the information age will end or change drastically someday. My question to you is, when, and in what manner? I ask for your predictions as to the next 'age'.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
My votes for the Techno Age , technology is going to play a bigger and more important part in the future

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The Body Augmentation Age

We can all be th 6 million dollar man for just $99.99 amonth

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If Bush is re-elected...The Nuclear Age.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
From the looks of things in the world, it'll be the Stone Age II.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The space age and the quantum age

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It will be a true humancentered age, with a lot of other species vanished, I bet.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If Bush is re-elected...The Nuclear Age.

LOL that is funny!

Seriously now, bets on that it will be the "Space Age"

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It will be 1 of these 3 names.
1. Space Age
2. Nano Age
3. But what I think is we will be done with the ages all together, We will refer to our place in time as Centuries, Like, We live in the 21st Century.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Read up on the singuarlity and future shcok levels to get a glimpse of what's next. I like the idea of distributed personalities, where a bunch of humans "merge" and operate as one entity across a region.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
My votes for the Techno Age , technology is going to play a bigger and more important part in the future

As long as you dont mean the music, Im fine with this, hehehe

Techno is teh sux!

[edit on 10/21/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
A couple of thoughts:

The 20th century was considered a time of innovation and automation, initially in the production of goods and services. As the 20th century drew to a close we started seeing automation for individuals. I believe the 21st century will see a merger of those two tracks to yield automation of individuals.

Nanotechnology will play a big role in this. Consider the already-mentioned possibilities: auto-diagnosing pills that contain a nano-computer that can travel the body and provide a diagnosis. Take that to the next step -- nano-computers that can travel the body and make repairs.

Link
Link

Gene sequencing will lead to further developments of preventing childhood and adulthood diseases -- look at what tests currently exists for certain diseases.

Note: cached link to CDC page: Link

Information will still be heavily used and abused. I believe we will see a refinement in how we organize and process information. Search engines were the first step -- look at how they have changed and recent examples of deploying AI to categorize the WWW.

Link

[edit on 10/21/2004 by titian]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
just like we had the industrial revolution we will now have a up and coming nano revolution. where everything practical is condensed and miniturized. the amount of uses employable by nano-tech seem endless.

or perhaps is humanity does not get its act together we will enter a self destructive age

or just mabye we will see a full scale devide among citizens like from the manga battle angel. taking place a few hundred years from now the elite commercial viable, technologically enlightened inhabit a utopian society of conformity and social engineering. this utopia is a giant floating city suspended from a magnetic pole held in balance from space with one option, conform or be banished to the scrap yard. the scrap yard would be the earths future state as a giant junk heap that makes blade runner look like candy land. bounty hunters uphold the justice with pay outs from the floating city. cross bred cyborg-humans are the norm, and everything the utopia throws away ends up in your back yard. if you are into technology go read that comic you wont be disapointed!

[edit on 22-10-2004 by sturod84]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Like others have said before something to do with nano-age.

But also may be theory age. Yeah, crappy name.

Right now, we are bombardered with facts everyday,like one in ten people are in high risk of becoming fat and ugly. Maybe not ugly. I think in a century or so we will have all those facts making sense.

With the invention and widescale use of computers for scientific purposes, I am suprised at how many things we know the full picture. I am pretty sure, as I am typing, around the world numerous discoveries are made and I am almost sure that in 20 years or so, we will have a more unified view of the world.

Am I making any sense?

Surf

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The robotic age. Robots will play a ever more imortant role in human life. The little vacum robot Roomba is just a taste of things to come.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
The robotic age. Robots will play a ever more imortant role in human life. The little vacum robot Roomba is just a taste of things to come.

What do you know, U.N. agrees with you.

U.N.: Robots in homes to hit 4.1 million by year 2007

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I have to agree with the nano age

Give it time to develope and it will be more revolutionary then the computer

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

What do you know, U.N. agrees with you.

U.N.: Robots in homes to hit 4.1 million by year 2007

I am a very big fan of robots and build them as a hobby. I already have a Roomba and the little guy works fine, I love the little guy. I have seen the lawn mower robots but they have only a limited amount of incline they can handle and I own some hilly land.

Really only the brain power is holding up the show, the robot bodies are all set to go. With the speed computers are advancing I dont think he are going to have to wait that much longer.

Domestic robots have been talked about for many years but we are just now seeing them come into their own.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
i would go with 'Nano' or 'Post-Nuclear'

IBM

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
It will be 1 of these 3 names.
1. Space Age
2. Nano Age
3. But what I think is we will be done with the ages all together, We will refer to our place in time as Centuries, Like, We live in the 21st Century.

You have been playing too much Empire Earth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join