It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information age, what age next?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If Bush is re-elected...The Nuclear Age.

Then some of us will live in spirit.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
There is a huge spectrum of technological advancement, and any one of those advancements - be it nanotechnology, space travel, etc - could come to symbolise future generations. The huge problem, though, lies with the fact that we don't have the means to produde such technology without oil. Oil, as you may well be aware is an all to finite supply of energy, which we are so dependant upon that the minute demand outstrips supply, you can wave goodbye to any technological advancements, and industry altogether.

The next age may well be the 'self sufficiency age' where economic infrastructures no longer exist, so we cannot go to the supermarket to stock up on food, or receive electricity/gas from the grid, or any of the things we take for granted that rely on an oil dependant industrial complex. In the future, if we want food, energy, means of survival - we may well have to produce our own.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The nano-tech age is not that much of an advance from the info-tech age, in fact they are both the same, except one is even smaller and faster. The micochips is a form of nanotechnology. Come on, if you are going to leave the box, then leap out of it, don't just hop out of it.

There are limits on nanotechnology, beyond a certain capacity, the information processing would stagnate. You would need quantum leap in computer; you woulld need quantum computers.

The quantum age, is however a leap; gravity manipulation, space-time distortion, interstellar and interdimensional travel, mind control, psychotronics, zero point energy, quantum teleportation, subspace communications, tractor beams, quantum computers, and holography. No, I am not talking about Star Trek; I am talking about the cutting edge of physics and theoretical physics.

This is all because of our advances in quantum mechanics. So it should be called the quantum age

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I like the idea of the Quantum Age. Sounds cool. But with more and more strife, I think we may have entered or are entering the Division Age. We are not pulling together peacefully or making any unified advances. I'm probably too much of a downer about things, but this is what it looks like to me.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
~~

among other names, its called 'The NEW MILLENIUM'

which can only come about after the present 'status quo'

..............is 'harvested, threshed, refined'.................say via terror/nukes/jihads/7 deadly sins??..........see also sturod84s ' dystopia ' post: # 888898; earlier in this thread

sorry, the rose colored glasses & pie-in-the-sky...'awakening' of mankind to a higher vibration....is only dreamers' flights of fantasy...nice but counter-intuitive

~=~

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i'd go with nano age. Nano tech promises massive developments in

medicine, science, military,and computing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join