It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*NEW* 7 Minute video on global warming (ABC News)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Just thought I'd direct everyones attention to this video I saw today:

ca.news.yahoo.com...

It's worth a look over!

Also, I'd suggest checking out the "Chasing Ice" documentary that's mentioned. I haven't seen it yet, however, I think I'll grab it today!

Enjoy.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Nice find,
people typically wont react until it directly affects them,
Several years ago when climate science revealed this was going to be a problem
the overwhelming naysayers beat down the warnings. And now that things are
beginning to look real and the disasters are compiling, some are beginning to pay
attention.. However, it is simply too late in my opinion.. I think its time for preparing
for the future of the next ice age.

But then, we may not even be able to do that as we seems to be entering an age of
change that wont give us enough time to adapt.. Guess we shall see

Al gore must be laughing

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Sadly, I agree with you that it is too late. I don't understand how so many people can doubt global warming is happening, given so much evidence. Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Sadly, I agree with you that it is too late. I don't understand how so many people can doubt global warming is happening, given so much evidence. Deny ignorance indeed.

But the Koch brothers said it wasn't happening...and there was those emails that said some numbers were estmated verses accurate when doing a presentation, therefore science isn't real!

Now, back to work on my perpetual motion machine.

edit on 18-11-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Bullshirt! You all know it is deep down. A distraction to lead you away from this!www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-11-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Several years ago when climate science revealed this was going to be a problem the overwhelming naysayers beat down the warnings. And now that things are beginning to look real and the disasters are compiling, some are beginning to pay attention.. However, it is simply too late in my opinion.. I think its time for preparing
for the future of the next ice age.

First, the warmists outweigh the so called naysayers otherwise we would not have all the carbon tax etc. So that is score one wrong. If the warmists were beaten down explain the current situation where everything is based on climate change, whether correctly or not? If the naysayers had 'beaten down' the warmists we would not even be talking about it.

The climate scientists said we would not know what snow was like yet now you say we are heading for an ice age. Score two wrong. The models were changed when the climate scientists realised they were wrong.

Fiddled figures and general fraud and wrong doing, and whether global warming is real or not and is man made or not, just how does a carbon tax prevent emissions? It does not. It is so obvious that the whole carbon credit scheme is a scam set up to extract money and has absolutely nothing whatsoever do do with saving the planet.

IF these people had ANY intention of saving the planet they would make available technologies that would assist in that way and NOT simply raise taxes and profits.

edit on 18/11/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I hesitated a lot before writing the next.

Up to recently our continent, North America, did not suffer much.

But after Kathrina and Sandy we have to say:

IT IS ABOUT TIME that the most polluting/contaminating/damageing and most arrogant
continent on this planet begins to pay for its actions and non-actions related to pollution,
destroying its electric car EV-1, its fracking, its Hummers and all other STUPIDS things
that are done by people and greedy companies in North America ! !

We also had our share of BIG floods, here in Quebec ! ! We asked for it ! !

The special/bizarre/crazy weather we see now is only the beginning ! ! !

Blue skies

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I am one of your so called nay sayers, a denier of Global Warming.
Let me set the record straight for you.
Never once have I said that CLIMATE CHANGE was not occuring.
I just don't believe humans are the root cause.
Happy now?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
And?

This is about pushing for a UN carbon tax. We know that ice shelves and glaciers recede and build.
The last time around this cycle progressed without anybody being taxed over it, at all.

We are a carbon based planet full of carbon based life forms. No amount of tax is going to change that.

But, boy howdy, you gotta hand it to the folks who came up with this.
I do hope they start with taxing breathing. I understand, *gasp*, carbon dioxide comes out!!

Oh the horrors. Everybody run. No, not a good idea because the more you run the harder you'll breathe
thus producing more...dun dun duuuuuun...carbon dioxide.

What a scam.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

You hit that one square in the nards my freind.
Well said.
The UN is looking for the perfect wealth transfer scheme, they have targetted the evil carbon atom.
Thieves and liars all for sure.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
That`s the thing.
I dont think people are disagreeing with the change in the climate.
All the planets are going through a cycle including ours.

Its the blaming of mankind for the cause that`s the problem.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
That`s the thing.
I dont think people are disagreeing with the change in the climate.
All the planets are going through a cycle including ours.

Its the blaming of mankind for the cause that`s the problem.

the berkely project specifically states there is no correlation between the solar cycles and the rise in temps

and they did the math

funny thing is they were hired by the koch bros to debunk the science in front of congress. and they corroborated it. I wish I could have seen the koch bros faces that day

how does that sand taste ?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Perhaps some of why 'so many people can doubt global warming' is that they suffer from selective blindness.

“The greatest hoax I think that has been around for many, many years if not hundreds of years has been this hoax on [...] global warming.” – Ron Paul on Fox Business, Nov. 4, 2009

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Perhaps some of why 'so many people can doubt global warming' is that they suffer from selective blindness.

“The greatest hoax I think that has been around for many, many years if not hundreds of years has been this hoax on [...] global warming.” – Ron Paul on Fox Business, Nov. 4, 2009

That's right, selective blindness. I wish that "global" warming were not so selective, it has been steadily getting colder where I live for decades!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynic

I am one of your so called nay sayers, a denier of Global Warming.
Let me set the record straight for you.
Never once have I said that CLIMATE CHANGE was not occuring.
I just don't believe humans are the root cause.
Happy now?

no.

NO!

because I have lived long enough to watch this complete -bs- go into many different phases.

First it was: Climate change isn't happening..only fools and scientists believe it
then as conditions mirrored exactly, EXACTLY what the scientists said, the new deal is..
ok, well, its happening, but its not our fault, therefore we can't do anything about it.

No, when your wrong to begin with, you can't just reframe the argument as to why we can remain lazy
Climate change is occuring, yes..and glad you agree with the worldwide consensus of scientists..but like gravity, your belief, agreement, acknowledgement, etc doesn't matter..it is happening, belief or not.

What is part of your/my/our domain however is accepting the next bit..that 7 billion people constantly screwing up the ecosystem and biosphere is indeed having a effect...this is measured, purely a matter of science...yet this acceptance is being blocked by (naturally) those whom are facilitating the status quo and making money off of it. They spend billions to keep not information down, but misinformation up...to get enough voters to demand the corporations are right and the world of scientists are incorrect.

No, your stance on this is even more dangerous, because you accept it, you just refuse on principle to claim responsibility for it. At least in full denial, you could be shown enough evidence to have you understand...your stance is principled...and wrong.

Your stance is simple:
The human body is massive..a bullet is small. Surely a bullet can do nothing to the human body..it would take thousands of bullets to even start to hurt a body

This is the argument for deniers

The only argument left on this subject (the only sane one anyhow) is..can the measures suggested by the eggheads even do anything about it, or has the switch been flipped now...Personally, I think we are going to have to invent our way out of this verses do the almost impossible (cutting back on consumption and exploitation). We need massive, massive international programs for atmospheric scrubbers and the like, along with a serious effort for new standard power sources (guess which companies don't want that)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I`m sorry but i disagree with your views on the Berkeley findings.
The planets ARE going through a cycle.

how does that sand taste ?

Why the sarcasm ?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

The sensitivity of climate to cyclical variations in solar forcing will be higher for longer cycles due to the thermal inertia of the oceans, which acts to damp high frequencies. Using a phenomenological approach, Scafetta and West (2005) found that the climate is 1.5 times as sensitive to 22 year cyclical forcing relative to 11 year cyclical forcing, and that the thermal inertia of the oceans induces a lag of approximately 2.2 (± 2) years in cyclic climate response in the temperature data.

Source

Perhaps they did not do the maths to well.

Of course the sun has an effect upon the climate of the world. Try turning it off for a week (if that was possible) and see what would happen.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Whatever dude.
You say potayto, I say potahto.
It's all good.
Besides, as my funeral director grandfather once said:|"If you live long enough, something's gonna kill you"

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
First, the warmists outweigh the so called naysayers otherwise we would not have all the carbon tax etc. So that is score one wrong.

Straw man

Many of those who believe that human activity, despite what the Bible tells us, is affecting the climate to the detriment of humans, also think that carbon taxes are a con

And do you believe that drinking excessive alcohol and smoking tobacco do you no harm, because the Govt use these vices to raise taxes?

Look at the science. Not the politics.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Originally posted by PuterMan
First, the warmists outweigh the so called naysayers otherwise we would not have all the carbon tax etc. So that is score one wrong.

Straw man

Really? Explain how? I am stating that IF the naysayers outweighed the warmists then we would not have the carbon tax etc because the anti-agw camp would have won. That is not a straw man argument because the results if they occurred would be directly related to the proportion of naysayers. Perhaps you should look up the definition. If I had said "if the naysayers outweighed the warmists there would be no global warming" that would be a straw man argument as they are totally unconnected elements.

Many of those who believe that human activity, despite what the Bible tells us, is affecting the climate to the detriment of humans, also think that carbon taxes are a con

Did I say that was not the case?

And do you believe that drinking excessive alcohol and smoking tobacco do you no harm, because the Govt use these vices to raise taxes?

That is a completely irrelevant statement. Congratulations in missing the point completely

"just how does a carbon tax prevent emissions? It does not"

Look at the science. Not the politics.

We are talking about the politics, not the science in this instance. Duh!

edit on 20/11/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join