It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been conned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'll try to keep this post simple as thrift is the essence of good writing.

Everything that you are reading in the news, Alternative and Mainstream, is useless hype. All the fear mongering and the exestential trash that you read here or elsewhere is infotainment based on the new culture of terrorism. The so called alternative websites that sell seeds and gold and warn you to get ready for the SHTF is sensationalism.

America has always been at war and so has most every other nation. You are being manipulated by the newest paradigm of terror and fear. While they are at it they will sell you on survival kits. This is the same crap that shoveled down your ignorant throats about the value and importance of your high credit score to flip houses before the housing scam collapsed. Basically, now you are being sold fear.

How much is the prepper industry generating nowadays?

Nothing is going to happen. There is not going to be an economic crash. There will not be a great war. Why should Americans give so much of a damn about people half way around the world doing what they have done for centuries and that is killing each other.

There will be no need for you to "gear up" for survival. It's a scam. This is a scam. It's all a scam. Let common sense be your guide if you have any experience or knowledge of what common sense is. We are being conned. Do yourself a favor. Go out and buy a milkshake and a cheeseburger and remember what made America what it is and was. Stop being afraid, stop being a coward. Let the rest of the world destroy itself and bring American money and concerns back home where they belong.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by klhix

Go to the coliseum and watch the games?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Nothing is going to happen. There is not going to be an economic crash. There will not be a great war.

And you know this...How?

Just asking because it's been said before. WW1...WW2...The Great Depression. Just to name a few events that people just knew couldn't happen.

Peace

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by klhix

You're the one being manipulated into thinking everyone is at war(??), so the war-loving nations get a pass while you misread the news.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Go out and buy a milkshake and a cheeseburger and remember what made America what it is and was.
reply to post by klhix

and that is why america is so fat,

but im not knocking big girls, all american women no matter what shape and size deserve to see the doc lol.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The fact that there is likely to be hardship ahead does not diminish the message the OP is stating. We are being manipulated and instilled with a deep and foreboding sense of fear.

Fear is a largely pointless emotion. While it serves us in the immediate - it cripples us over longer time frames. This is something that psychiatry is well aware of - as are the propagandists. Fear is the leash that gets us to allow ourselves to be led. Look at all we've given up, over the past eleven years, in the name of "security". Today? We are no more safe, really - but are far less free.

To feel fear is normal - to make decisions based upon it is irrational.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by klhix

we were warned a long time ago!

We all now live in the "Outer Limits," or the "Matrix", depending on when you were born!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by klhix

I understand where you are coming from, but you are dead wrong when you say there will be no economic collapse soon.

If you truly understood the games the banks and governments are playing, and the current situation the entire global economy is in you would not doubt it for a second. It is not a theory, it is not based on the ramblings of a conspiracy guru, most of the statistical facts are there to be seen by anyone who will dare look at them. They are published by the very perpetrators that got the world in this mess. It seems almost no one dares to look, human nature I suppose. They instead tend to brush it off, as you are doing, as the ramblings of doomsayers.

I wish it was just fear mongering, as I am really not looking forward to a great depression, but I am certain it is not, it is only a question of will it start next week or five years from now.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
First, we are dealing with an economy that is not backed by much. It is a risky situation. Most of the economic system in the USA has no supporting history to back it. Will it work? I doubt it, I am prepared either way. Is there anything wrong with being prepared? I suppose all the tragedies that have been damaging areas are not real according to you. I suppose the three day power outage we had last year that knocked trees down all around here did not exist. I see little evidence to back up your claims. I do not fear an economic collapse, my father went through one as did some of my elderly friends. I know it is possible that it can happen again. I have paid off my food stores a long time ago from savings of buying them on sale. It cost me nothing in the long run to create my pantry.

I have paid for my wood cookstove with the money I saved from burning some wood in a woodstove I picked up years ago for a hundred bucks. I also paid for my logsplitter and chainsaw with money I saved. So how does that mean I got conned? I will be saving for years to come. I invested my money in a secure investment, better that than buying a brand new car where it devalues as soon as you leave the lot.

On top of that my wife and I like getting more independant. There are a lot of people around here doing it. I can't talk her into chickens though, but we have friends around here who have chickens to buy eggs from. We have cats, I think she is afraid that they will eat the chickens.

So what do you waste your money on.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by proximo

No disrespect intended. However, you and a few other replies are exact examples of the brainwashed and conditioned beliefs of those who have been influenced by the internet and new alternative media. Some people say the economy will crash, get ready. Some guy with a familiar name says, "yep, it's all goin down". So people read regurgitated crap from the comfort of their electrically powered computers that would be rendered useless in a rugged and remote area. Armchair quarterback being sold fear products.

Proof? Does anyone honestly believe that the collective powers of the greatest nations are quite simply dumb enough to crash the world? How ignorant.

However, what the great leaders realize is that they can sell you fear and you will buy it or succumb to it. Nothing is going to happen with the exception of many more men, women, and children, who are innocents, being murdered by the companies missiles that sell you fear. Nothing is going to happen. Nothing is going to change. You and I are slaves. A fact that will not change as it has not since the beginning of time.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I grew up in the country. My grandmother cooked on a cast iron stove. Not a pot belly stove mind you but a full sized stove that could burn coal or wood. Where I came from we canned from our gardens planted every year. We weren't preppers, we were common sense folks prepared for harsh times and weather.

Nothing wrong with that. As a matter of fact, more than half of this country can't even start a fire or cook a meal let alone dress game.

That's not my point. My point is being sold fear as the latest commodity. I don't need to say anything more than that last sentence.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by klhix

Well, in this country people are always trying to capitalize on everything using all techniques available to them. The number of people doing this has increased ten fold over the last ten years. Our Economy is made of thin ice, it has been for years. It is only a matter of time till it collapses. I don't see any more rabbits in the hats, the rabbits aren't being imported from China.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by klhix

You mean those in real control would lie to people? Make them fight against each other, cause them to be afraid? Tell them who to hate, who to fear, and that all of us are evil anyway for "killing the planet"? Brainwashing generations of children in the name of "education", falsifying data to sell people on a lie and make them fear, using the excuse of "security" to strip people of freedom? Would they do that? Surely not! (Towels to mop up the dripping sarcasm of that last on the table to the right...).

Yeah, it's a big, phony game, alright. The real catch is in knowing who the enemy actually IS.

top topics

join