It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Gun Camera UFO Footage?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler

Interesting point about the gun cameras, didn't know nothing gets out.

Thanks for the reply mate and you're not wrong about nothing getting out - not even a single frame.

Here's another claim of aircraft being scrambled to intercept a UFO from Jacksonville NAS during the Pinecastle Electronic Warfare Range Tracking Station incident of May 14th, 1978.

Tower Guard testimony:

"I was the watch tower guard that night, and there are some facts that were not mentioned. Such as that Jacksonville NAS launched 2 aircraft to intercept. Once they were on our radar, the UFO vanished.

They had it locked into their radar as well. Our radar locked onto one of the UFOs. I have never seen a radar act so crazy. Spinning around and around, up and down.

Radar Confirmed UFO over Pinecastle Electronic Warfare Range Tracking Station - May 14th, 1978

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Government document describing a close range daylight disc report from a military pilot on 9th July, 1951 -the document also goes on to state that the 'pilot was unable to take photos due to camera' suggesting that there's an already existing UFO photographing protocol in place.

Much like the Peruvian case, if the military aircraft gun camera was operational then the footage would be among some of the best close range UFO film ever taken.

1951 USAF Intelligence Report

This report describes a rather up-close and personal UFO encounter on July 9, 1951, by the pilot of an F-51 fighter plane from Lawson Air Force Base in Georgia. The pilot, a combat veteran from World War Two, provided quite a bit of detail, which was recorded in the report:

“Object described as flat on top and bottom and appearing from a front view to have rounded edges and slightly beveled. From view as object dived from top of plane was completely round and spinning in clockwise direction.... Object did not appear to be aluminum. Only 1 object observed. Solar white. No vapor trails or exhaust or visible system of propulsion. Described as traveling [at] tremendous speed....Pilot states object was 300 to 400 feet from plane and appeared to be 10 to 15 feet in diameter....Pilot states he felt disturbance in the air described as ‘bump’ when object passed under plane....Pilot is considered by associates to be highly reliable, of mature judgement and a creditable observer".

link

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Anyway, the act of withholding such footage by any government smells mighty fishy to me, and if it doesn't smell fishy to the MSM, that smells fishy, too. Maybe people excuse it because they think the public is better off not knowing. Countries that say they are opening their UFO files are certainly not coming clean, since they are still withholding the best evidence. Nick Pope complained about withholding of gun-camera footage. And if Australia were as forthcoming as they try to pretend, they wouldn't be withholding the confiscated photos taken by a teacher in the Westall case.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Why would the military release gun camera footage? They are trying to hide these things, not expose them.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47

Anyway, the act of withholding such footage by any government smells mighty fishy to me, and if it doesn't smell fishy to the MSM, that smells fishy, too.

Have you seen this presentation about the MSN mate? Terry Hansen thinks it smells a bit fishy too.

..if Australia were as forthcoming as they try to pretend, they wouldn't be withholding the confiscated photos taken by a teacher in the Westall case.

Apparently Australia aren't releasing their UFO files and you're not wrong about the governments of other countries withholding some truly interesting information -the U.S. Navy also has quite a bit of explaining to do as it has never released any official documentation (link).

The Australian Government is not "releasing" its UAP files

I would like to correct an impression that I have read about on the net that the Australian Government, like some overseas countries, has a deliberate program to "release" its UAP files. This is not true.

link

Also, when it comes to governments confiscating UFO photographs there are quite few other examples here so the Westall case doesn't appear to be an isolated incident.

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

Why would the military release gun camera footage?

Why not? The U.S. Government keeps assuring the general public there's nothing to the UFO subject; that no evidence submitted to them represented technological developments beyond the range of modern scientific knowledge and that no UFO was ever a threat to national security so what's the big deal?

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

They are trying to hide these things, not expose them.

Dr. Jacques Vallee would tend to agree with you there (as would I) and I suppose that premise is the whole point of this thread.

"Governments took notice, organizing task forces, encouraging secret briefings and study groups, funding classified research and all the time denying before the public that any of the phenomena might be real. The major revelation of these Diaries may be the demonstration of how the scientific community was misled by the government, how the best data were kept hidden, and how the public record was shamelessly manipulated."

Dr. Jacques Vallee, astrophysicist, computer scientist 1992

link

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by The Shrike
Of all of the alleged gun-camera UFO footage filmed since the beginning, Astronaut Gordon Cooper's claim is the one I would vote #1 and would love to see.

Hi The Shrike,

If you are interested in that footage, I can send you some stills from it. I may make the effort to get hold of a copy of the footage itself shortly, although the stills are rather unimpressive so I've treated following this up as a low priority.

I would like to see some stills from that - are they able to be posted (here) ?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Just one more crazy idea about the gun-camera footage: We had two competing We The People petitions in 2011 (the one started by Stephan Bassett getting over 12,000 signatures and a reply, the other getting just over 5,000) and another one a year later that fell way short in signatures, all asking for admission of ET visitation. What about directly and specifically asking just for release of the gun-camera footage from UFO chases by scrambled U.S. fighter jets?

That should seem like a reasonable request, even to people who don't believe there is ever anything strange in the sky. And there is a possibility that it would get a reply even if it didn't get enough signatures. Maybe it would even rock the boat hard enough to make a difference, because it's not asking for something some people believe in and some don't. It's just asking for cards on the table face-up.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

What about directly and specifically asking just for release of the gun-camera footage from UFO chases by scrambled U.S. fighter jets?

Good point mate and I don't know if anyone has tried that already but it would be very interesting to see the results of any official response on the subject - John Greenewald Junior is an ATS member (and FOIA wizard) so I'll U2U him and ask if he knows of any previous attempts.

When it comes to the question of UFO cameras on USAF jets, below is a nice 1952 news article from Barry Greenwood's archive stating that a new type of camera that photographs luminous phenomena has been ordered and 'will be distributed to jet plane pilots as soon as they become available' - it also mentions the Air Force is receiving new reports of flying saucers at the rate of 100 a month and that jets have been ordered to 'shoot them down'.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Great topic Karl

No doubt whatsoever the MIC has absolute proof of UFOs on film/video.

Filer say's it's all locked up in the Pentagon.

See this video after the 24:00 minute mark

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

July 29, 1952

It looks like the Domain was setting the stage for a - New Treaty - to be signed by
future President Eisenhower.

Muroc AFB February 20-21 1954
5 separate spacecraft were on display.

The Washington Post also picked up that sighting over Washington D.C.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

Filer say's it's all locked up in the Pentagon.

See this video after the 24:00 minute mark

Easynow, classic post mate -when it comes to claims about gun camera UFO footage that's got to be one of the most interesting ones of the lot.

"We've got a whole vault of UFO pictures and gun camera film - they're in a vault, the vault is guarded and you need written authorization from a 4 star General Unified Commander with a need to know to get those pictures -this is the highest classified data in the USAF"

Wonder if the Pentagon's DIA are involved as they also seem to be the major clearing house for UFO reports within the U.S. Government (link) - the National Reconnaissance Office also seem a shady bunch and apparently have the ability to see anything anywhere at any time as it is happening (link).

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hey Karl12,

The item below on the Project 1947 website (run by Jan Aldrich) has a few potential leads on this topic:

www.project1947.com...

Task 1: Find Gun Camera films of UFOs. Gun Camera films are known to exist on several cases and a list needs to be compiled. Bellefontaine, Ohio case had several stills of g/c films released to True Magazine. Wisconsin film is dark. Remarkable Arizona g/c films for 1953 is unknown and in Barry Greenwood's possession. Shown on NOVA, they gave no details and only used it as a curiosity.

(Several other incidents concerning gun camera films are mentioned in Blue Book records or by former Air Force officers.)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i have no doubt militaries around the world have accumulated substantial amount of gun camera footage regarding unidentified objects. though i would steer clear of any conspiracy theories regarding why thses photos are not released.

for example, brazilian military released a few of their corales documents to public but they also told ufo investigators (civilians invited to AF base) and shown unreleased documents thats still kept secret as of today with their own reasons. Jacques vallee was invited too iirc and he perfectly understand the reason the documents not released, although he didint elaborate.

one of the reason UFOs are not taken seriously is because they are not considered to be major defense threat , another reason is that even if they are a threat the military are powerless to stop them. so the conspiracy that some people suspect maybe just the old plain hide-your-incompetency of goverment handling the case. because they arent capable to understand let alone stop the ufo phenomena , they prefer to swept it under the rug, better than admitting they know nothing inspite of massive annual budget.

for myself, i personally would love to see the 3 silver saucer seen by british pilots back then, funny how these UFOs are seen suddenly and disappear suddenly like ghost.. i mean theres no ghost right.?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Easynow, classic post mate -when it comes to claims about gun camera UFO footage that's got to be one of the most interesting ones of the lot.

Thanks and Yes that's definitely interesting indeed, although I believe that was back in the 50's and 60's so there's no way of knowing if the evidence is still there in the Pentagram or moved somewhere else or been destroyed ? Not sure but I seriously doubt we'll ever see any of it because they think we don't have a need to know.

However one things for sure ... if the US Military, NRO etc. has imagery (and they do) it's a safe bet the Russians also have it as well

Cheers

edit on 29-3-2013 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Wow I recognized the first UFO pic after the 24:00 minute mark in the video you posted. Checkout these 4 pics from UFO Casebook. Isn't it something that the video pic is soo darn similar? Anyways, I just love all their UFO pics organized by years.

edit on 30-3-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Amazing pictures of Ufos. And the skeptics say all Ufos pics are far away and fuzzy. What will Druscillas response be, a scene from close encounters third kind.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Another good thread Karl12.

To me, these UFOs "big enough for ordinary people" that seem to have landed in various Western US air force bases and dry lake beds, has taken on a new direction, particularly on the heels of that current thread about Mr Hall and his encounter with the "Tall Whites" at Nellis.
There was mention of scout vehicles, big enough for "Ordinary People" that apparently can fly to the moon just as easy as they can fly to various playgrounds and observation sites, in the dry lake beds etc.
So how far is Nellis AFB from Edwards? maybe a minute or so in a UFO?
Why are there Sooooo many AFBs and secret zones in the California and Nevada desert? Were they built to actually Protect/isolate the "Aliens" who say they have been there longer than White man in the USA?.

I live one mile from an ex RAAF Missile tracking camera operator at Womera in the 1960s....even he has told me stories of "Orbs" observing missile launches etc, AND they have camera film of them, close ups and all. Of course the films were confiscated by base CO's and sent to DoD HQ, never to be seen or heard of again.

Someone knows something...........so for the "Pictures or it didnt happen" crew, well there are pictures, but only a privy few will ever see them......or so it seems, and if they ever are released, they will be dubbed as phony, photoshop, a thrown hubcap, etc etc.

A lose/lose situation.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Some of the old-timers from back in the old days of Ufology thought those pics were real ...

but after more research was done they were (supposedly) shown to be a hoax

See this thread here:
Link - www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-3-2013 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Well, I wasn't certain if they were real or not. Just noticed the similarity. So then, does this debunk what the man on the video has to say? Since the cover of his book even has the same "craft" on it?

edit on 30-3-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You'd have to ask him yourself why he used that photo and I believe the answer to your question is No simply because the UFO picture has nothng to do with the Gun camera imagery locked up the Pentagon.

Just my opinion though and obviously it's your choice what to believe

edit on 30-3-2013 by easynow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join