It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Gun Camera UFO Footage?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Gort wrote-

"There was mention of scout vehicles, big enough for "Ordinary People" that apparently can fly to the moon just as easy as they can fly to various playgrounds and observation sites, in the dry lake beds etc. "

"Just as easy", not sure what this implies, but, with the recent 6hr flight to the ISS, instead of the previous 2 days, I wonder how quickly we could get ourselves to the moon?

The recent cut in flight time seems more to do with accurate mathematics than anything else, and I would presume that aliens arriving here would need accurate mathematics.

Not sure if or what this proves, it just peeked my interest.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Great post Karl12. Any reports of private pilots and pictures or camera footage from them of UFOs?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by karl 12

Great post Karl12. Any reports of private pilots and pictures or camera footage from them of UFOs?

Great question.

I was wondering myself: One of the newspaper articles reproduced here, from 1952, mentioned that the US Air Force had been equipping planes with cameras that could detect the chemical composition of foo fighters (as is done with telescopes to examine planets, stars and other distant objects in space).

Was the outcome of those experiments ever made public? It seems like that data could be extremely important in terms of identifying the phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dowot

Yes a little cryptic..

I just assumed everyone interested in the UFO thing would have read the "Nuclear Physist pet of Aliens" or what ever it is titled....its still on the front page, up to 17 pages long now.....

Anyway talks about Tall Whites on Nellis AFB etc etc.....And there scout craft, that fly to the moon etc etc...

Someone provided a link of a precis of this fellows books......

Have a read......openseti.org...

Not wanting to hijack Karl12's thread......

No answers yet....Why does the USA have so many AFB's, secret ranges, etc etc in the Western deserts of the US? I could imagine one or 2, but they seem to have dozens.....Why?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gort51

No answers yet....Why does the USA have so many AFB's, secret ranges, etc etc in the Western deserts of the US? I could imagine one or 2, but they seem to have dozens.....Why?

A fair question. I imagine the answer has to do with lots of Federally owned land in the Rocky Mountain states, and the Cold War. The US Air Force wanted to be able to scramble as close as possible to their primary enemy, the Soviet Union, as well as the ongoing conflicts in Asia at various times.

Lots of reasons. Heck, the Korean War never officially ended (see the constant bickering between Nkor and USA for a reminder).

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Here is a gun camera reel from an F-89D or H firing on a BQ-7 ( B-17 drone conversion.)

The action starts at :04

As far as confiscated and disappeared films of UFO's, it was the cold war.

U.S. intelligence was thinking possible Soviet reconnaissance platforms, not little green men.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
Hey Karl12,

The item below on the Project 1947 website (run by Jan Aldrich) has a few potential leads on this topic:

www.project1947.com...

Task 1: Find Gun Camera films of UFOs. Gun Camera films are known to exist on several cases and a list needs to be compiled. Bellefontaine, Ohio case had several stills of g/c films released to True Magazine. Wisconsin film is dark. Remarkable Arizona g/c films for 1953 is unknown and in Barry Greenwood's possession. Shown on NOVA, they gave no details and only used it as a curiosity.

(Several other incidents concerning gun camera films are mentioned in Blue Book records or by former Air Force officers.)

Isaac, fascinating reading mate and many thanks for sharing that link.

It doesn't specifically address gun camera but also thought this interview with John F. Schuessler brought up some extremely good points, especially about surveillance capabilities and undisclosed info.

Which makes it very difficult to establish what exactly is going on?

Let me play you a different scenario. One of my interests is future technology and as a result I keep looking at what we have now and the trends and where they may be going.

The curves are all swinging upward fairly rapidly. So we look at what we know about the technology we are using for surveillance, just the USA, not other countries, what we do and what we know and the kind of surveillance we can do. There is no doubt in my mind that today if not many times over the past fifty years we have had the surveillance capabilities to completely monitor the activities of certain UFO flights –and know exactly when they’re going, where they’re going, how they’re going, where they appear form and leave to, all the characteristics about them – we have radar based devices that will not only show the distance, direction and azimuth of an object and all that but will also how shape. We have devices the army has developed for tracking projectiles – they check the acoustic wave and when something crosses over they can immediately track that data and go back to the source. That’s how they track where a mortar is or a howitzer. We can use that same technology – and its portable – for tracking UFOs.

I don’t believe any of these things fly over our country today without being known and if somebody wanted the UFO mystery to completely disappear they could in five minutes release enough data to show exactly what’s going on and is not going on.

That means (1) somebody knows and we don’t know. (2) Somebody monitors and we can’t tap into it. So we as little peon citizens at the mercy of when this happens and nobody is going to tell us..

An Interview with John F. Schuessler, Executive Director of MUFON (Mutual UFO Network)

Cheers.

Originally posted by easynow

However one things for sure ... if the US Military, NRO etc. has imagery (and they do) it's a safe bet the Russians also have it as well

Think that's a safe bet my friend and there's also some further comments from General Igor Maltsev in this newspaper article - also thought Dr. Felix Y. Zigel raised some important points below about the need for a global scale, sensation-free and strictly scientific study of the UFO phenomenon.

"Observations show that UFOs behave 'sensibly.' In a group formation flight, they maintain a pattern. They are most often spotted over airfields, atomic stations and other very new engineering installations. On encountering aircraft, they always maneuver so as to avoid direct contact. A considerable list of these seemingly intelligent actions gives the impression that UFOs are investigating, perhaps even reconnoitering... The important thing now is for us to discard any preconceived notions about UFOs and to organize on a global scale a calm, sensation-free and strictly scientific study of this strange phenomenon. The subject and aims of the investigation are so serious that they justify all efforts. It goes without saying that international cooperation is vital."

Dr. Felix Y. Zigel, Professor of mathematics and astronomy at the Moscow Aviation Institute

Cheers.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Info about a possible 'Blue Room' at Wright Patterson AFB.

Opening The Door To 'The Blue Room'

In a recently discovered FOIA reply to a private citizen made twenty-one years ago the Air Force was compelled to answer directly about the Blue Room. This was apparently due to the specificity of the citizen’s FOIA request. In this extraordinary, authenticated and deeply archived record we find extraordinary admissions by the US Government:

In a complete “about-face” and in a sudden change in stance on the existence of the Blue Room (a decade after researcher William Moore inquired about the matter and was told that there were “no records” of it) the Air Force states that there was a Blue Room. They further add that it was at least in operation for a decade, that images of it were taken, and that they then underwent destruction.

This telling US Government admission is made here:

link

FOIA Requests

edit on 9-5-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yet more claims of military gun camera UFO footage from Ocala National Forest, Florida, November, 1957:

Ocala, November 20, 1957

At around 9:30 AM, while a naval pilot was making a training run from Jacksonville’s Cecil Airfield to a bombing range in the Ocala National Forest, he reported seeing 12 small, bight silver, disk-shaped objects below him at roughly 10,000 feet altitude. The pilot switched on his on-board gun camera, and took several feet of film of the strange objects. Although visibility was clear, with few clouds, the UFOs appeared to materialize out of nowhere.

The objects were later reported as being solid, metallic craft with no lights or windows, or having any remarkable features or identifying markings on their hulls. The pilot believed these strange crafts were flying under intelligent control, and not by remote, which is understandably odd because each craft was no larger than a garbage can lid. This “squadron” was also reported as descending to about 1000 feet above ground level, and remained in view for about 20 minutes before shooting upward at incredible speeds and vanishing all together. The pilot also noted that the craft made no noise nor left any emission as they departed. The pilot was debriefed and the encounter formally reported to military and government authorities. No official outcome was reported after the fact.

A similar incident was reported by another naval pilot in 1959 over the South Pacific, with almost identical descriptions, even though neither pilot had known each other prior to each separate encounter. To date, this kind of craft, which would have involved extremely small life forms, had only been reported on several occasions throughout UFO history.

Source: CUFOS -- The Center for UFO Studies

E-Book - Page 22

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by xpoq47

Well, UFOs are said to be capable of temporarily shutting down electrical systems and supposedly could disable a movie camera if it got to close.

Good point, hadn't really thought of that - it's been pretty well established that UFOs cause electromagnetic interference and Richard Haines report lists quite a few examples but have never heard of E.M. effects affecting a camera before (have heard of batteries being drained though).

Xpoq, it wasn't a movie camera mate but below is a relevant case from this year outside of Hiwassee, Virginia.

Two Low Level UFO Incidents with reported Camera Function failures

The man, who didn’t believe in UFOs, realized that no one would believe his story so he grabbed his cell phone which was quite new and which worked very well to take some pictures of the strange lights. The man opened his window and leaned out as he pointed the camera at the object. When he pointed the camera towards the lights, the man stated that camera suddenly went to a black screen and would not allow him to operate any camera functions. As soon as he brought the camera back into the cab of his vehicle the camera operated normally. Two more times the witness attempted to take pictures, but the same malfunction would occur each time he aimed the camera at the object..

link

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thanks for continuing to follow through with this thread Karl.

It is a good topic no matter where you stand on the E.T. visitation hypothesis.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrism91
the sooner we see footage the better... not sure why they'd withhold this...

There are plenty of good reasons to withhold it.

As I've always said, there are really only two things the military doesn't want ever admit:
1) what they know, and
2) what they don't know.

Given that the military has realistically never been able to capitalize technologically from anything they've seen (or recovered) regarding UFOs, I think #2 above is a more reasonable explanation.

Of course, there may be a third option, in that they know something very important and powerful, but they are not in a position to actually use that knowledge because, maybe, it's just too dangerous. What could that be? My favorite wild bet is that the UFOs represent an incursion into our timeline by people from a potential future of ours. And if they start screwing with them or the technology, they risk destroying themselves (and possibly everybody else) by damaging the timeline as it currently exists.

Admittedly, this is a wild explanation, but it fits some of the scenario better than others, and helps explain why UFO investigation never seems to get anywhere -- we never get any good, hard evidence that sticks. Because if we did, if a UFO (time probe) crashed on the White House lawn, then another time probe would be sent back just a bit farther to make sure it never happened, and to erase all evidence before it happened.

I suspect that this kind of thing happens all the time, but it's very difficult to prove. It depends on changes to the past not completely affecting the present. That changing the past is messy and not 100 percent successful due to random quantum fluctuations in reality and particularly inside our heads, having to do with memory. I suspect we have a sense of timeline changes and fluctuations, and a "feel" when things aren't exactly as they should be (as we remember them). Very difficult to objectively measure and prove, since it's not an objective experience. It's entirely subjective.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Originally posted by chrism91
the sooner we see footage the better... not sure why they'd withhold this...

There are plenty of good reasons to withhold it.

As I've always said, there are really only two things the military doesn't want ever admit:
1) what they know, and
2) what they don't know.

Given that the military has realistically never been able to capitalize technologically from anything they've seen (or recovered) regarding UFOs, I think #2 above is a more reasonable explanation.

Indeed. What would be the result if they said "There might be ETs visiting here, with super advanced technology, but we don't know why, or where they're coming from, or what they want or what they can do, we only know we can't stop them."

There would be a massive political push (think FoxNews) to "Do Something About The ET Threat" when there isn't anything realistic to be done.

Who wants that headache?

Of course, there may be a third option, in that they know something very important and powerful, but they are not in a position to actually use that knowledge because, maybe, it's just too dangerous. What could that be? My favorite wild bet is that the UFOs represent an incursion into our timeline by people from a potential future of ours. And if they start screwing with them or the technology, they risk destroying themselves (and possibly everybody else) by damaging the timeline as it currently exists.

The fourth option is that ET has come down and told them STFU and cover them the frack up---Or ELSE!

One thing is clear, if ET was here, and wanted to disclose, then there isn't anything anybody could do about it. Obviously if they're here, they don't want to.

Personally I think the most likely scenario is no ET, and reflexive denial because some of the UFO observations involve classified programs but no one person knows for sure all the details, the safest thing is to say "huh? we have no idea", which is applicable in all career-saving circumstances.

edit on 20-10-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
They have not used film for the last 20 years. its all now digital media.
Plus all the old films have been copied to digital media.

this means that if you send in a FOIA request for gun camera UFO films they can claim there is none as the "films are long gone and its now recorded on digital media that you did not ask for.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
i also thought about these unpublished footage of UFO captured in gunsight cameras. can soomeone in USA initiate a FOIA request for them ? they must have tonnes of the best reel somewhere..

anyone here remember the aftermath of bethune gander ufo sighting by US military plane? afther they landed they were debriefed by some intel guy , and the intel guy showed them many UFO photos and told the guys to choose which one they saw..

it is undeniable that someone in US gov either intelligence or military have these photos from gunsight cameras somewhere in their filling cabinet..

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot
Thanks for continuing to follow through with this thread Karl.

It is a good topic no matter where you stand on the E.T. visitation hypothesis.

Thanks mate - don't know about the ET angle (or all the other angles) but I do think the UFOs involved in quite a number of cases are an extremely serious mystery.

originally posted by: ANNED

They have not used film for the last 20 years. its all now digital media.

Plus all the old films have been copied to digital media.

Did cross my mind as well Anned but then I thought maybe they'd be reluctant to transfer to digital due to hacking concerns - if a department were in charge of such a thing I'd say a safe bet would be the NRO - the link posted on the first page here doesn't work anymore so below is a new one.

SECRET US INTELLIGENCE AGENCY HOLDS UFO ANSWERS

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FireMoon
Top stuff Karl, this is one of those that has done the rounds of the UFO community and to my knowledge, everyone who has been around for a time on the scene has heard the self same tales. Even one of the Rendlesham people claims that, as part of their debriefing, they were shown a film of "numerous incidents" of gun camera footage of strange and unknown objects

I strongly suspect however, that as the various arms of the military have no more clue now, than they did 70 years ago, what these objects are, they simply sit on any such documentary evidence as it would force them into a position that is an anathema to any such organisation. That being.... "We don;t know what and therefore, possibly whose they are and we can't stop them either"

I, too, am pretty sure the governments don't know much if anymore than we do. I'd say that any secrecy regarding UFOs has more to do with the hopes of weaponizing anything that might be gleaned from the study---especially gun camera footage.

Another great thread, karl!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

I, too, am pretty sure the governments don't know much if anymore than we do. I'd say that any secrecy regarding UFOs has more to do with the hopes of weaponizing anything that might be gleaned from the study---especially gun camera footage.

Could be right there Gut mate but if the comments made about surveillance capabilities and the NRO in this article (and John Schuessler's interview here) are correct then I bet they have a pretty good idea about flight characteristics and object appearance. Likewise in cases like Edwards AFB, Portage County and others the unknown objects involved were reported to have 'shot straight up' - if global spy satellites were tracking and monitoring all traffic entering and leaving the Earth’s atmosphere then perhaps they would have some kind of an idea where they went (couldn't agree more about the weaponization aspect either).
Cheers!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Missing gun camera UFO footage from 2002?

The Washington, D.C. Jet Chase 2002

In an incident that is awash with conspiracy theories; NORAD and the Air National Guard picked up an unknown object that entered Washington’s restricted flying zone on 26 July 2002. As the object’s track caused concern, F-16’s were scrambled to intercept the object but the pilots claimed that they saw nothing when they arrived on the scene—the object also disappeared from radar. At the same time in Maryland several witnesses saw a fast-moving bright blue light in the sky; the witnesses also said they saw jets pursuing it at high speed. According to NORAD, that was all that transpired and they view the matter as closed. But, according to the witnesses more than 2 jets were in the air which indicated that the scramble was unique; one dipped its wings on approach as if to communicate with the unknown object and they also claim that the jets trailed the unknown object but the object flew too fast for the jets to keep up. The event featured on FOX news as well as the Washington Post.

10 Mysterious UFO Incidents Confirmed By Radar

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join