It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best UFO Picture... This Could Be The Smoking Gun !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

In My Opinion, if the story that's with this picture is true, This has to be one of the best UFO Picture in existence. I mean, judge for yourself. But personally im blown away by the detail.

So here's the story...

The photographs of these UFOs were provided by Commander Graham Bethune of the US Navy. He obtained these photographs of a FS-143 saucer from a close friend who claimed to have rendezvoused with another intelligence and requests anonymity.

These photographs were allegedly taken on September 27, 1989, near Nashville, Tennessee and used to build a model for theatrical events. The photographs show columns of light shining down from the craft. Our spotlights do not function in this manner.

THE PHOTOGRAPHER'S STORY

An experienced photographer was driving in a remote area near Nashville, Tennessee on the night of July 14, 1989. He saw a light behind the trees on top of a mountain several miles away at about 9:00 PM. He stopped his car, opened the trunk, picked up two cameras, a Canon AE-1 and a Canon T-90, that had previously been loaded with film.

He started walking toward the bright light.The light came over the mountain several miles away and he started taking pictures with the cameras. He noticed a coronal discharge from around the perimeter of the object. It appeared to be materializing and coming into his vision. The bright light continued moving toward him. He aimed the camera at the light and started taking photos. His first photo was taken bout 30 degrees above the horizon.

When the object stopped he was shooting at about 50 degree up with the object still about four to six miles away. The photographer states, "I had a feeling that the craft was behind the mountain waiting for me and when it appeared it felt like I was in another world, the sounds were far, far away." He looked at the object but could not see any definition, the light was far too bright and too far away.

When he looked through the lens the craft was sharp and vivid. The craft was visible for more than five minutes, but less than ten. It seemed like forever. He changed the lens package from the T-90 to the AE-1 camera and continued shooting using all his film.

He felt he was not in control of what was happening. He remembers constantly pushing the buttons on the back of the T-90, each time he made a change it sharpened the image. The T-90 Canon with his lens package cost $3,400.00. It has four computer chips and at the time was one of the most professional cameras you could buy when purchased in 1985.

There were other witnesses, but they have been reluctant to come forward. They also were taking pictures, but the field around the craft interfered with the film as the craft moved away. They did not have high magnification lens so there was not enough definition to make the craft identifiable. The photographer has had a recent heart attack and an auto accident and does not want his name revealed.

I found this out about the camera and the film used.

The Canon T-9- was set up with a spacer, two 2-2 X multipliers and 500 mm mirror lens with five filters. The lens package was 2000 mm plus. The speed of the film using the film push process is close to 3000. The camera was set up to take scenery at a distance. The computerized camera with computer chips was set to open the aperture as wide as possible.

Commander Bethune was told by Bill Sherwood of Kodak that the object photographed with this package used on the camera was about five miles distant and would be 100 feet in diameter.ASA Kodak 400 or above film was used. Push processing was ordered when developing the film.

Here's links to some more pictures of the UFO

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Wow. Amazing pix for sure, but they seem too good.

Here I am getting the smoking gun I wanted and now I am doubting them cos they are so good. Its a vicious circle.

If these are from 1989 why haven't I heard alot more from them?

Good find.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Looks strangely like something out of an old B grade movie. heh. Still nice picture!

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have seen these before but to my knowledge they have never been debunked before.

They have got to be some of the most impressive I have ever seen.

Good find and thanks for posting them.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
WHOA! If thats an amatuer hoax it must have cost a lot to stage. Those pics are amazing!

Here I am getting the smoking gun I wanted and now I am doubting them cos they are so good. Its a vicious circle.

How many more posts of that sort do you think will be posted? At least you had the honesty to admit the vicious cycle. I, on the other hand, think the glass is half full, and that these are maong the most genuine I've seen.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
WOW. way cool.

it looks like a lighting rig i saw at an outdoor concert once, i,ll try see if i can find which one

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Wow that is amazing! I wonder why we haven't seen or heard of this story as much as some other cases.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Looks like Billy Meiers upside down wedding cake ship.
Larry Hatch lists this as discredited on his site. Don't recall why though.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy
Looks like Billy Meiers upside down wedding cake ship.
Larry Hatch lists this as discredited on his site. Don't recall why though.

well..... gee thanks for your brilliant insite. How about next time you want to shoot down a picture/story/video, have at least have a link or a reason why.

"This dude said that the photo is fake." doesn't cut it, so how about a little evidence if your going to shoot down a thread I spent about an hour on, ok.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well it kind of looks like a saucer was placed on a pole if you ask me

www.ufocasebook.com...

Look right down the center of the saucer. Each of the pictures make it look like there was a pole right where the cone ends at the bottom of the ufo. I cant even tell what picture 5 is, it looks like someone painted black over half the picture itself with photoshop, the light seems to just stop immediately instead of fading out.

But im not a photo expert

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It does look like it is staged, it doesn't neccessarily have to be photoshopped. And it's probably not that difficult to create for someone with experience working in cinema effects. It does sorta appear like the ufos in those old B movies too....

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Take a pill man. I wasn't tryin to shoot you down. Just providing some input. Which by the way I had the wrong guy. It was James Easton.

You see I've only been studying UFOs since the sixties so I can't remember everything. But just to satisfy your desire for a link(doesn't anyone read a book anymore?). Oh and you may want to besides doing more research than what you did for the Nashville photos may also want to check my stance on UFOs. I spend my spare time actually going out in the field and conducting extensive investigations.

But anyhow here's yer link
www.virtuallystrange.net...

where you'll find

the Nashville photographs are not genuine,
swears he personally knows the witness/photographer and explains
how the lighting-rig photograph (as mentioned, I've not
published all of the German magazine photographs I have) is
actually from a mock-up of the _real_ spaceship, created for a
Nashville stage show

and

"I'm quite aware that a mockup copy costing tens of thousands of
dollars was built to produce a Nashville Opreeland Stage Show.
Commander Bethune has spent a great deal of time getting the
plans and evaluating the tape. The confusion occurs because
photos of the mock up have surfaced".

and this

Ah... the old Meier/Walters routine... 'that model which has
surfaced is not the 'UFO' photographed, it's a _copy_ of the
same UFO, but based on the original and made afterwards'.

this

The German magazine feature was about a 'disco' lighting-rig,
with in-built smoke effects

and

Typically, it's another 'classic UFO sighting' with a mundane
solution and one that's obvious in hindsight.

Now of course none of this means the photos are debunked but unless you've done the actual investigating like Mr. Easton did then all you did was go and find a pretty picture.
You spent an hour on something I would spend days researching. Were you trying to make ME feel bad for your wasted hour?
If you got the 'smoking gun' then ya gotta try harder.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
lol, croaker asked for it and got it...

nothing like a good ol post smackdown...

anytime you see someone name a saucer like a car model, the hoax alert has to go up

"he obtained these photographs of a FS-143 saucer"

[edit on 13-5-2006 by syrinx high priest]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
lol looks like a carnival ride on fire

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Longhaircowboy- u said you have been researching UFOs since the 1960s- what cases/pictures/videos do you consider worthy of merit?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Smoking Gun? That's one of the worst 'UFO' pictures I've ever seen in my life.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Great pics and they resemble the pleidian type shown to us by Meier. Some believe that Meier did have contact with Pleidians for a while but his enthusiasm led to later fake ufo pics.

Difficult to debunk even as scale models frankly. If this was a hoax it is one of the very best ever and not cheap to do.

Mind you for 1/3rd of the population no matter how good they will immediately dismiss the pictures as they are not able to face the potential truth of the matter presented to them.

Thanks for posting and provide more!

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Very good pics are there anymore?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The unfamous 1989 Nashville, Tennessee photos were exposed in the 90's as a hoax. The " saucer craft " was just a light show device from a disco and the smoke just a smoke machine very popular among disco clubs.

It seems that someone clever tried to make some bucks selling those color photos.

I'm sorry but many people were deceived by this set of photos.

Just read the whole report and see the original device in that disco.

www.rense.com...

Case closed.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I've always felt the best UFO picture is what is linked below. The September 4, 1971 Lago de Cote, Costa Rica picture.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Taken by a Costa Rican government source, it has stood the test of time regarding its veracity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join