It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I'm hearing other peoples webcam mics on my computer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ok, so I thought I had a virus. I was hearing random bits of music and what sounded like pieces of movies coming from my computer out of no where. It happens a few times a day, and each time lasts about 30 sec.

It was just an annoyance so I was turning the volume down and going about my business, but lately I've also heard what sounds like people just having a conversation with low sound quality. Like it's their web cam mic. or something. I wasn't able to tell what they were saying except for the last time, which was just a few minutes ago.

What sounded like a teenage girl said "It was really weird. He just sent me all those videos and never replied, I was like I hope he's ok." She sounded pretty upbeat and

OMG, as I was writing this a gun shot sound came from my speakers. Freaked me right the Hell out!

Anyway, she sounded upbeat and normal. Then no one was talking but I could hear background noise, like the girl maybe moving paper around or something and some music in the background that sounded like R&B maybe. Then she sang the lyrics either "I feel like crying" or "I feel like dying" Then it cut out.

And now there's some random instrumental song playing. What the Hell??????

Am I hearing through other peoples speakers and maybe the videos or songs their listening to?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

Are you sure you're not just hearing audible ads?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707

Are you sure you're not just hearing audible ads?

Absolutely positive. No other windows open. I check every time. Plus what I just heard didn't sound anything like an ad. It also didn't sound like someone that knew anyone else could hear, because of the length of background noise that happened.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well get a recording device ready and record or record using a program to record everything that comes through the speakers, if it is in fact coming through the speakers. Upload whatever you get and post them here.
edit on 15-11-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Ok, I'll try and find a program to use. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I sometimes have this issue where if my speakers are on at either high, or low volume, it tends to pick up radio frequencies from somewhere. It usually sounds like a hispanic radio station.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I'd recommend some software, but I've never been able to get any to work with my laptop arrangement.

I quickly came up with this- www.nch.com.au...

I'd imagine there's a free trial if you choose "download". I've never used this, but it seems to be what you'd need.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
my speakers have picked up others peoples cell & cordless phone calls.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
My speakers also sometimes pick up a local radio station, but I won't be able to tell you why. At first I was kind of baffled, wondering what I was hearing - recognized the voice, a local DJ and then I recognized the silly little station jingle. They broadcast from just up the street, so I'm sure proximity to it has something to do with it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Thanks, I'm looking at it now. I read on the audacity website that it's difficult to do for copy right reasons.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Another consideration is to check your startup program list, ie, those programs that load every time you start your computer. You may need some help to decipher the list but these programs run without a window.

You just never know what is running in this manner. I use a program called CCleaner for this and other cleaning tasks.

P

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The first stage amplifying transistor in most audio amps will act like a detector stage when it is presented with modulated RF. The transistor’s maximum operating frequency is high enough to be reactive to those frequencies, but the circuit’s cutoff is just above the audio frequency range. So the audio gets feed through from the RF signal coming in, while the RF gets dumped, and you hear the audio in the output of the amplifier.

The poor quality audio cables that come with most computer speakers are quite ineffective at keeping RF out.

If you are close to a major interstate, or truck stop, you will often hear truckers bleeding through the audio amplifier equipment. You will hear anything from people talking, to playing sound effects, and music. You know, the normal junk that goes on, on CB.

If you live near a ham operator, costal maritime station, short wave broadcaster, or am station, you may hear audio bleeding through. If it is a ham operator, or costal station, the audio will be extremely garbled, if not outright unintelligible.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I would think radio station could be a possibility, but these last ones just seem weird. I mean, they didn't sound like anyone meant to broadcast them. Boring and didn't sound like any kind of add. The girl talking and singing sounded like she was just talking to a friend and then just no talking, just listening to her radio or something. Then the bullet sound I heard while I was writing the post was just that. The sound of a gun firing, then it was done. Nothing else. That was weird because usually the things just cut off mid sentence or mid song.

I don't know, but I did get a program that I think will help me record what I'm hearing whenever it happens again.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I didn't know that truckers played sound effects on their cb. Maybe that's what it is. Sometimes it sounds like pieces of a movie though. I once heard some cowboys in the middle of some shoot out yeehawing and all that. Then another time It sounded like Chinese men talking. It's always really random.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it. I hear voices all the time. My dog tells me I don't have to do what the voices say. Trust your dog, not your computer speakers.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce

Thanks, I'm looking at it now. I read on the audacity website that it's difficult to do for copy right reasons.

Maybe your neibor has a baby monitor.
or someting like take

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It could be that it's a mix of radio stations, a CB, and a baby monitor. I'm just going to mute it for now and go to bed. I might try and record some of it tomorrow if I can click record fast enough. Thanks everyone and g'night.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I also use CCcleaner. I used it pretty often and this has been going on for 2 months or so.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I have picked up a few cell phone conversations on my speakers at times, when I lived in mesa. We lived near some major power lines and a lot of cell towers. Now I am rural and NOTHING.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This will give you an idea of what you will hear on CB...
This is a compilation of common ones.
........Warning, some may be slightly offensive… to say the least............

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join