It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I'm hearing other peoples webcam mics on my computer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
reply to post by pheonix358

I also use CCcleaner. I used it pretty often and this has been going on for 2 months or so.

Start CCleaner >>tools>>startup Check the list for anything that should not be there!

P

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

It's your speakers, your speakers are picking up ground interference.

If you disconnect you computer's speakers from the computer and touch the metal backing you will hear the interference more clearly.

Might want to see f your computers casing is touching some metal or your speakers connection might not be plugged in all the way.

The Rat.

P.S. just thought of something for the survivor threads. large metal objects like steal roofs and such can pick up AM or CB radio waves /so in a pinch or disaster with no radio but with some form of power you can use your plain speakers and tap the large metal object and you might end up with some news. heh just crossed my mind.

edit on 16-11-2012 by TucoTheRat because: add P.S.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
i used to pick up cb radio off my tv when there was nothing playing thru my speakers on the tv. now it don't do it now because that certain tv is not connected anymore.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
First thing I would do is be sure you don't have any sort of messaging programs running in the background. Now and then, things can get installed that we don't notice, or be running, and we don't realize. Checking the processes tab on the task manager is a good place to hunt. Some things won't show up in the first tab, but will there. Checking the start up stuff, as someone else suggested, is also a good idea (for anyone, really). Another thing to try is to start in safe mode, and see if it happens then. Try both with and without networking. If that stops it, then it's something running. If not, then it would either be a really sneaky program, or some sort of signal picked up from elsewhere. What my dad called "skip" for old radios, but somehow getting onto your speakers. Of course, a good virus scan isn't a bad idea, just in case!

Oh, if it was me, I would be sure I didn't have a mic on, in case this was some program that worked more than one way.

My sister's baby monitor used to pick up stuff from a neighbor's monitor. So, who knows? Weird, though!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
About it picking up radios, does it make a difference if it's a laptop?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Try some trouble shooting.

- Mute the sound from computer. Still hearing?

- Open up Task Manager. Any random program running?

- Switch Audio Output(headphones, external speakers, internal speakers etc. Any difference?

- Unplug Webcam. Still hear it?

- Run a Anti-Malware / Antivirus "whole computer scan". There is also a default windows malware checker. Type "mrt" in the search menu, and run that program.

Detecting any Trojans?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
you may not believe me, but ive heard voices and they did that kind of stuff to me all the time. They can project things through speakers and tv's. They can make you think they are in your vents or even in your head.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
definitely adware.

Run malwarebytes and I'm 99% sure that your rogue audio will disappear.

GL

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
ok, I uploaded a recording to zippyshare. I just recorded this.
www61.zippyshare.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
That is the video advertisements on web pages that you open. Look through the web pages you have open, and you should find one that has a running video that matches the sound you are hearing.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is what I come to ATS for, top notch stuff. I would guess there's a cable with poor shielding connected to the device. Great work!
edit on 16-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Another consideration is to check your startup program list, ie, those programs that load every time you start your computer. You may need some help to decipher the list but these programs run without a window.

You just never know what is running in this manner. I use a program called CCleaner for this and other cleaning tasks.

P

meh, all those start up programs can get removed imo. Regardless of the funky name they have. Especially the funky names. Windows users, start > run >type "msconfig" > start up > disable all.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

It happens when I have no windows open also.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I just did this. We'll see. Thanks everyone. I guess I'll live with it if none of these suggestions work. I was just freaked out by the one I heard last night with the girl, because it felt like I was spying on someone.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
There's an 'off topic' half to ats that has some pretty wide ranging stuff, much of it more conspiratorial oriented than the original poster's lament. I don't see what is conspiratorial about sounds coming from your computer. Try a scanner. You'd be amazed how many frequencies bombard us.

Sorry this was the wrong forum. I wasn't sure where to post. It just worried me that I might be hearing other people that didn't know I could hear them, and that they may be able to hear me as well. Thanks for every one's replies.

I requested that it moved to off topic computer help.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

What operating system are you using? Here's a similar story I found using Windows 7.
www.sevenforums.com... 8-i-am-hearing-someones-mic-sound-through-my-speakers.html

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
What I would do since you mentioned you thought your computer had a virus:

1. Restart your computer in 'safe mode with networking'

If you aren't sure how to do this, google it.

2. Download malwarebytes.

www.malwarebytes.org...

There is a free version which works just fine.

3. Run a scan with the software and see if anything comes up. Follow the prompts of the program should it turn up any results.

4. Restart your computer.

I had a virus once that shut down all of my antivirus software and this was the only way to get rid of it. Since then, malwarebytes has been my go to for computer problems.

If this audio issue of yours is virus or malware related, the steps above should take care if it!

edit on 16-11-2012 by daryllyn because: autocorrect!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
About it picking up radios, does it make a difference if it's a laptop?

If you're picking it up on a laptop, one possibility you might want to consider is that your wireless router or network card is picking up something. Wireless network frequencies are close to the wireless frequencies used by some cordless phones or wireless security cameras. You should be able to change the broadcast channel on your router to see if it makes a difference. If I remember correctly, most routers I've dealt with have 14 channels you can select from, and they usually default to channel 7. Try changing it to channel 1 or 14 to see if it eliminates the problem. The manual for your router will tell you how to do this.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The song was I Feel Like Dying by Lil Wayne. An old song from about 2007 off of the 1st Carter 3 that was stolen and produced as a leak. She has good taste in music.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Puld your headphone-speakers jack into a small recorder cassette or digital...you need no software.

Anyone anywhere can use the jack direct to record. Anything coming THROUGH to your speakers-headphone jack...can be recorded that way.

I just recorded a YouTube concert this morning out the headphones jack.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join