It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking For Info About Sedona Arizona - High Strangeness Events

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If anybody has any info about interesting things happening in Sedona, AZ, please share them with me on this post IF you can include specific locations and events that can be corroborated. This would be much appreciated.

Please no vague or 'pie in the sky' rants as they're not helpful. Need hard data as in location and detail about events. Ongoing events are much more appreciated rather than stuff that happened once many, many years ago. etc.

Criteria:

1. Ongoing events

2. Similar yet happened to different people that were not related.

3. Documented events - as in I can read about them somewhere other than this site - books are fine.

5. Sedona - AZ area or VERY close to it.

As this post is on this specific site, it's obvious that I'm not looking for normal everyday events - high strangeness is required.

The above would be great, but I understand that this is not always possible so please feel free to add things that don't necessarily fall within the criteria. Also feel free to PM me if necessary.

Many many thanks and gratitude to all that try to help me

I've tried Google etc... I'm here to see what I might have missed... Thanks
edit on 15-11-2012 by firefly9000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by firefly9000

Try Google and Wikipedia. Most of the fun is in the searching.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras

Try Google and Wikipedia. Most of the fun is in the searching.

I did (+ books) - I'm here for things I might have missed.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I lived in the Verde valley just south of Sedona some years ago and have spent a lot of time in the red rocks and surrounding desert.

The oddest things I have witnessed were a dirt road covered in a carpet of tarantulas seeking high ground after a thunderstorm. lots of military aircraft lights zinging around at night and an old Apache guy who had an arm so badly scarred from an untreated rattlesnake bite that it looked like a deformity.

The truck stop at the Cottonwood/Camp Verde exit of I-17 used to have a lot of odd trinkets including a stuffed werewolf looking thing in the tradition of the famous stuffed jackalope.

That was pretty weird.

The area is more beautiful than strange.

If you are currently there, have you taken the drive up 89 through Oak Creek Canyon recently? I remember fall being a sight worth seeing..

If you are a music fan, Maynard James Keenan from Tool lives year round in Jerome and has a small vineyard and winery outside of Cornville...

Caduceus Cellars

That is reasonably strange.

Sorry I couldn't help more, good luck finding what you are looking for. Your not alone in your quest, there are certainly lots of people who believe there is something extraordinary about the place.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Thank you - I appreciate all your input. Did you ever read Tom Dongo's books? A host of them take place in that area.

The area does seem quite beautiful. Stunning photos.
edit on 15-11-2012 by firefly9000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Don't have anything to offer on Sedona, but since you mention Arizona, High-Strangeness, and Current, I thought you might be interested in the following cat.

I'm not quite sure what to make of him--especially since he only presents video that he shoots off his monitor--but I've looked into him a little bit and he's exactly the type that high-strangeness events seem to congregate around, and some of his footage is intriguing...if real.

If you find him interesting, maybe you could take a roadtrip and check him out for us. Good luck on your endeavors.

Eric Jimenez Heaven 101

edit on 15-11-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I HAVE A BUNCH of PERSONAL STORIES! My mother was killed there. Before she died she told me somethings. She was a new-age crystal type who may have had some christian leanings later in life, but she was certainly NOT the kind of person to label newagers as "Satanists" keep that in mind: She said that Sedona had a huge population of satanists and CIA people. she told me how one time she came home and there was blood on her windows and a lamb/goat leg on her roof (this is in suburbia, a few minutes walk from a shopping center, grocery-stores, etc.). She said that she thought one of her old boyfriends (whom she still loved and had contact with) his wife and mother of his child was a "top" satanist. It just so happened, that he and his wife lived between my mom and the town, so she had to drive by that house to come and go. One night, with her new boyfriend (seed like a CIA type to me) they were riding back home on his motorcycle and they crashed and died right next to the house of her ex-boyfriend (the one with the satanist wife who was jealous). My mom had often talked of being spiritually under attack by this woman. There is a police report of the accident, but I have suspected it might have been faked.

Here's another: a few years before that we went camping off some dirt road in the area and we saw two slow moving craft create an X with chemtrails not far above our heads. This scared me (due to the other worldly feeling, it did not seem like a normal thing at all, and I remember thinking/saying a lot about "X marks the spot", and so we went for a walk towards a more established area where the paved road was. When we got to the paved road we stumbled right into a hot pursuit car chase. By this time it was just towards the end of sunset/twilight so the car lights were on but there was a fraction of light left in the sky and the earth was dark (the ground went up in the direction in which the sun had set so we were also in an especially dark spot but this trick probably would have worked elsewhere at that same time it was pretty dark). One car drove by us very quickly and right in front of us slammed on its breaks in one of those stops that turns the car around, and stopped in on a section of dirt shoulder just up the road from us. It immediately turned off its headlights! Then the other car that apparently had been chasing it (neither of these cars appeared to be cop cars) flew by at very high speeds (it was a bit of a winding road but they were going really fast) apparently not noticing the other car hiding off to the side until they were pretty much guaranteed to pass it. As soon as the second car passed, the first car immediately turned it lights on, flipped around and chased it's pursuer over the hill. It was the weirdest thing. Anyway, at that point I was good and freaked out and my mom and I ran back to our tents, gathered a couple of critical items, and went home immediately. She went back the next day to get the tent and portable shower and other stuff that we'd left there.

Another time a friend of hers took a picture of what appeared a lot like a startrek beam down/up in progress, but the woman who took it assumed it must have been an angel. It definitely was some sort of beam looking thing on an area in front of the viewer, in broad daylight (NOT a lens flare), nothing but sandstone and a few desert bushes around. She took the photo of the beam, not of people or anything in particular. Someday if I get back to my storage unit I'll find the picture and try to upload it here.

I also have a few UFO/Abduction incidents from my childhood there, your post had me looking at the old houses on Google street view,.. Wow, to think,.. that's where I was when it happened. Those events shaped my life, gave me knowledge before I was even a teenager that provided me with an understandings most adults never even consider as plausible. I can see my bedroom from the street, the one where most of the experiences happened. It brings up so many other peaceful memories as well. Where the skunk lived and would come to drink, where the cat killed a humming bird, where the garden was. I miss it. I miss her. But I remember it like it was yesterday. I'm not sure if I want to reveal them, they are some of the most personal things of my entire being.
edit on 16-11-2012 by NJoyZ because: More memories and spelling errors

edit on 16-11-2012 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
The area is more beautiful than strange.
the drive up 89 through Oak Creek Canyon

Someone in my family found a fossilized (embedded in sandstone) hipbone of some kind at Oak creek. We assume a dinosaur but I guess it could even be human it's not too big. Took it home with us. It is beautiful there. Even had a diamond back rattle snake experience there as kid. There was this very small water fall and pool, more like a very small water-slide is what we used it for, and as I got out of the pool of water I stepped down onto a baby diamond back. It slithered off with out biting me thank God! Into the pool then out under a log and we fooled with it enough to identify it, then we let it be. But let's hope that's the last time I ever touch diamond back.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thanks for the help. He seems interesting but like you said, it really takes away from credibility when most of the videos are filmed off a TV/monitor screen. Why would he not post the original, rather than a second hand copy? I'll reach out to him though and see what's up.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

Interesting. I find that Sedona represents different things to different people. Some form a connection to the beauty there, some to the spiritual aspect... others seem to gravitate towards the strangeness angle of it all.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
beautiful places!, maybe it is the aliens wanting to visit such lovely places

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Sedona is a beautiful place but it is also one of the most expensive tourist traps I have ever been in; filled with phony mystics, card readers, channelers and all sorts of people with an agenda and a scam to run. New Age BS artists that prey on gullible people looking for "experiences"!

However there is some powerful mojo in Sedona as well; as there is in most of the Southwest.

edit on 18-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Sedona is a beautiful place but it is also one of the most expensive tourist traps I have ever been in; filled with phony mystics, card readers, channelers and all sorts of people with an agenda and a scam to run. New Age BS artists that prey on gullible people looking for "experiences"!

edit on 18-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

I'm quite aware of that
and I'm not planning on joining or wasting time with the 'auuuuummmm' crowd. Not that there's anything wrong with meditation... but if anybody has got the secret of the universe they probably won't sell it for $5.99 (today ONLY special)

Hence my post here trying to get myself informed of what can be experienced in Sedona off the beaten path.

top topics

join