It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of living if you're not rich?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What is the point? I'll never have my own white elegant mansion. Never have such a large beautiful yard or garden of expensive flowers. I'll never have a chance to wake up to the most delicious over priced foods. No large warm bed to sleep in. Will never be able to afford the most expensive clothing, laptop or cakes. I just want to sit around eating a vanilla icing butter cake cupcake looking at the sky from my massive window at my big mansion. Why can't I have this easy life? I want maids ready to cook me the best meals everyday. I would like for average people to worship me as I drive by in my limo. THIS IS ALL I'VE EVER WANTED IN LIFE! Reality is hitting me hard and fast to the fact I'm a nothing.

I'll NEVER have this
. Why must I suffer so? If there so happens to be a life after-death I'll give up my freedom to the illuminati or reptilians just for an easy rich life again and again every time. If a force is controlling this world please give me it all and I'll be a happy slave. I'm tired of this world, tired of the struggle. Please do plug me back into the slave system if it means I'll be rich.

(Before you ATSians say I'm materialistic......guess what? Everybody is. You desire love? Well that's a chemical reaction a form of Materialism . Desire children? Well that's materialistic also. So please let's not turn this into a "You are shallow debate ". 1+ point Alyssa
) . Seriously, I'm tired of new age talk, sick of everything. I just want the next life to be a rich one of dreams, cake and tea. The system can take my soul (If a soul even exists that is)

One last thing I must ask. Where are you ATSers in life? It's all meaningless and a waste of time. You'll never find the truth about aliens, ghost, time-zero, god or anything else. Just give into the slave system matrix and hope you get to be rich in the next life (if a next-life existences).

It's time to give up such a meaningless fight ATS.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You're kidding, right? Look up Henry Darger and you'll find that happiness in life has no relation to wealth or status. Find self esteem, drop the ego, pursue the things that are important to you.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have no idea what the point is.

And apparently I can't have what I want either.

So I came up with my own purpose. The end of the human race. Seriously.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

You can have all the money in the world, but if you don't have love or your health it doesn't matter. The more money you have the more money you spend. It's why a lot of professional athletes and lotto winners go broke. Sometimes money bring more problems than what its worth.

I could live in a better house and in a better neighborhood, but I'm not the kind of person who cares about impressing people. I guess everyone is different, but there is some truth to the saying that money is the root of all evil.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
You're kidding, right? Look up Henry Darger and you'll find that happiness in life has no relation to wealth or status. Find self esteem, drop the ego, pursue the things that are important to you.

I'm completely serious. Unlike Mr. Henry I don't party or do silly things so I wouldn't have much problems. Things that make me happy are getting what I desire, cake, tea, looking perfect, and relaxing. I can have much more things if I had much more money.

Ego is needed in order to make experiencing life much more enjoyable.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I guess you either survive and try and get rich..... The point is the journey though, if you were rich, then what???? You just relax and do nothing the rest of your life? Live a shallow existence and form bonds with money instead of people? Being rich sounds great and everything but you can only get so far with money, not like you can buy the presidency or anything..... Ask Romney how that worked out......

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
All depends on how you define happiness.

If that's what you believe you need to be happy then good luck, I personally am very rich in the fact that I have good family, good friends, I enjoy my job as well as my leisure time, but what makes me really rich is knowing that all things are a state of mind and dropping desire gives me contentment which is the greatest of all riches.

But this only defines me.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Jamjar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You told me not to say it, but I'm going to say it anyways;

You're materialistic.

You also told me you're sick of the "new age crap" but I'm going to throw a bit of wisdom at you anyways;

Attachment breeds suffering.

So let go of your attachment to these ideas of material wealth. Stop focusing on what you lack and e grateful for what you have, the chance at life in particular.

Your life is whatever you make it. You can sit around pitying yourself because you weren't born into a family who obtained their wealth by exploiting people like you, or you can forth and strive for your desires.

Better yet you could find something better to long for than oversized homes an unnecessarily overpriced meals and dense shiny chunks of carbon.

link   

Originally posted by jheated5
I guess you either survive and try and get rich..... The point is the journey though, if you were rich, then what???? You just relax and do nothing the rest of your life? Live a shallow existence and form bonds with money instead of people? Being rich sounds great and everything but you can only get so far with money, not like you can buy the presidency or anything..... Ask Romney how that worked out......

That's the point for me. I don't want to do much except relax, eat, talk and be treated as a superior entity. Besides there are tons of things to buy. Maybe I'll buy a town and turn it into a giant cake factory area.

link   
"It's time to give up such a meaningless fight ATS."

Actually, no, it isn't.

Life ain't about being rich my friend. Who really cares about that crap anyway? Oh... okay, I get it. Yeah, we all want stuff. So what? I'm sorry if it bursts your bubble but the stuff that the wealthy would have you believe is the "best of the best" really isn't. You can still have a home, a car, and almost any hobby you could want. Assuming you have a "regular" sort of job.

Mind if I ask how you were brought up? Would you call it 'middle class?" I was born into poverty and never had a damn thing as a child. I was constantly ridiculed by others and still am because it is somehow my fault that I was born poor. I also was diagnosed with something called borderline personality disorder when I was about 12. But you wanna know sumthin? Well I'm gonna tell you anyway! I didn't and am not allowing any of that stuff to hold me back in life.

Life isn't and was never about having more "swag" than the next guy, that's just something that unintelligent people chose to believe.

Find a hobby, something to do that you enjoy, and do that. Go for a walk, spelunking, rafting, mountain climbing, pursue some kind of martial arts or music, play some video games, etc... There are all kinds of things that you can do in this world without being rich. I cannot understand why anyone would believe that there is no reason to live if you aren't rich. And that is coming from an agnostic person who does has spouts of major depression because of the bpd.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

please give it up can we have one thread without the mentioning about a fake election, its getting old about 2 months ago.

and to the op, lifes a garden. dig it. we can have anything we want it just takes the thought process and manipulation of the world around you to get it. no easy task.

edit on 15-11-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
You won't be if you don't even have the will to be. Chemical reactions are a biological functional response, not a biological consistent feature.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This thread summarizes the very essence of someone who has not yet woken up.

So, WAKE UP!

If you had a big house, you'd want a bigger one. If you had a nice car, you'd want another. If you have fine jewelry, you'll want more. It is the very essence of this insatiable EGO appetite that has humanity in the situation it is. The illusion of scarcity! Quite the illusion.

The EGO is never, ever satisfied. EVER. It is a part of the human condition that represents our true adversary. And the reason you have it as an adversary is to grow beyond it, and learn the lesson contained within that struggle. Karma is your loving teacher, pay attention in class as it is fully in session.

We don't have long now, so my recommendation is, today, begin seeking awareness free of Ego. Might I recommend Eckhart Tolle's books as a start? Or maybe a sabbatical in a land with people that do not depend on commodities as much? Or heck, maybe just a camping trip or something.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Instead of being obscenely rich & looked at as a "superior entity" as you say, I'd rather more people be able to live comfortably & not in poverty. It's your exact mentally that breeds these apathetic self-indulgent wealth lovers. It's what keeps children, women & men in slavery; breaking their backs while the select elite flaunt their opulence. I'd like to have money also man, but first I'd want to fix this disparity.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

PLEASE READ HER OTHER THREADS

Work for it.

You asking for someone to just hand it all over to you?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I dont know about you, but i really wouldnt need that huge complex as a home to be happy. Stability at home, a family in the future....that sounds about right to me.

Wouldnt it get boring to have it all?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick
reply to post by Alyssa

Work for it.

She must need a sugar daddy...she'll have a hard time finding him on this site.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Everyone has what they want at this very moment. Everything that you have strived for in life up to now, is what you have. Just because you desire something doesn't mean you will get it. You get what you want, it comes from inner truth.
edit on 15-11-2012 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeone718

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick
reply to post by Alyssa

Work for it.

She must need a sugar daddy...she'll have a hard time finding him on this site.

She does this ALL the time.

It feeds her NARCISSISTIC disorder

DON'T FEED the TROLL
edit on 11/15/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

The next luka magnotta maybe?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join