It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, The Pied Piper? Why do so many follow him blindly?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Nope did not twist a thing

That ideology "won"

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And I can find a video of why people voted for Romney....the threat of losing their jobs. Same thing right?

How about we don't take videos of one stupid person and use it as the reason all people voted for someone.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I fell for it in 08, Obama gives speeches, the tone of his voice is like Dr. King Jr., w/ a teleprompter, but when you look close at his policy making track record, you come to the conclusion that he is either very arrogant/selfish 'my way or the highway' philosophy, or he is a puppet being told to be that way by his handlers who are very arrogant/selfish.

Either way the kool-aid effect wore off for me & yet all I hear is how he is great & the first black president, I could care less what someone's skin color is, the US was downgraded to AA, 16Trillion+ debt, extremely high unemployment, beyond what any official number reports are showing, the millions who stopped looking for a job aren't on that report after a while and the millions who settled to work for taco bell aren't on that report anymore, the reality is Obama not Bush is the leader of the US, he & his policies & his people 'handlers' are reflective of who they are leading, the blind sheep, because their followers are so extremely impossibly dumb & this includes me in 08, they dumb down their answers to the press.

Did you see that press conference Obama gave a few days ago? He speaks to the press like Mr. Rogers speaks to little kids. Obama doesn't care about the intelligent population, he only cares about his dumb supporters who will eat up everything he packages. The man can convince everyone in a room that the price of gas is low, that drilling is at an all time high, when the exact opposite is the case and when those people drive home & fill up for gas they are so star-struck by his speech giving abilities they literally can't see the amount of $ deducted from their wallet.

The why answer differs from person to person, the people I know who voted for Obama voted for him because it was the *Trendy* thing to do, voting for a white Mormon isn't exactly a trend, voting for a 2nd term of the First Black President? ultra-trendy. No matter how bad of a 1st term he was, & this is coming for someone taking an iota of responsibility in getting him there, I even voted for Obama in the primary of 08 opposing Hillary Clinton, looking back, I wish I voted for Hillary in the primary, she would probably have been a great president compared to Obama.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

I appreciate you putting yourself out there and telling the truth

It helps clear it up in my mind, a little, but I still truly do not understand. I do not believe half of America could be shallow enough to vote for someone because it is trendy or because they are stupid. Some, yes, but not all.
Thanks again for your honesty,
Quad

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by Chi-and-Me

Oops, I edited my post before I saw your post. I probably would've just replied to it, rather than edited it.
Perhaps the things I pointed out as wrong in the OP are true, and I'm mistaken. And I suppose on a site like this, it's fine to include. But even if they are true, it's probably not best to include them in the top spots. It may turn off people who don't follow conspiracy theories, and they are the still the majority overall, and the people we need to convince.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

I am TRYING ok? Rome wasn't built in a day

At least my link was not from WND (this time), that usually stops them at the door

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Romney lost dude so that video is meaningless there were more for that "obamaphone".

nice try.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
To answer your main question Quad, (almost forgot to lol)
It's essentially because Obama presented a different side to himself and spun it a certain way(and it wasn't to give out free stuff).
The way he's portrayed in the mainstream is way different than how he's portrayed here, and WAY different than how they spin it on Fox News. A great example is what he says during his appearance on the Daily Show this year. I'll try to find a video of it. What he says in the video, is most likely the real reason people voted for him, and follow him.
Basically, he says Health care reform was a good thing. He ended the war in Iraq, which he promised(he leaves out the part where he bombed a bunch of other countries), and some other things.

Let me find that video....

Basically, republicans and democrats can spin the same exact story to make the other side look bad and their side look good, when in fact the true story shows both sides reek of [Snip].

I can't find the video, but the thing republicans did wrong, was HOW they criticized Obama.....instead of actually using real criticisms of him. They stuck with things like Obamacare. "He passed Obamacare!!!" Now this works to fire up the base....but it's not going to change anyone's mind who already likes obamacare, or is moderate, and has no opinion on it.

A great example I thought of myself is with the drones.....
when the story was released, Republicans hoped all on that story....BUT they didn't criticize his use of drones, no.....they came up with this theory how he leaked the story himself to appear like a strong leader. It might make a good story for their base....but you aren't changing the independent voters' minds with a story like that.

So it's a 2 part answer. They follow him because 1. how Obama spins what he's done. and 2. how republicans criticized him. Honestly, I think Republicans lost, more than Democrats won.... Fox News has been blaming everyone under the sun, but the fault lies with themselves. Instead of telling half truths and sensationalizing things, they could've done some actual criticisms of Obama.

Mod Edit: Please see Terms And Conditions Of Use section 15b.) Profanity. Thank you - Jak
edit on 16/11/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
To answer your main question Quad, (almost forgot to lol)
It's essentially because Obama presented a different side to himself and spun it a certain way(and it wasn't to give out free stuff).
The way he's portrayed in the mainstream is way different than how he's portrayed here, and WAY different than how they spin it on Fox News. A great example is what he says during his appearance on the Daily Show this year. I'll try to find a video of it. What he says in the video, is most likely the real reason people voted for him, and follow him.
Basically, he says Health care reform was a good thing. He ended the war in Iraq, which he promised(he leaves out the part where he bombed a bunch of other countries), and some other things.

Let me find that video....

Basically, republicans and democrats can spin the same exact story to make the other side look bad and their side look good, when in fact the true story shows both sides reek of #.

Video would be nice, I do not watch the Daily Show

Yet I still find this explanation wanting. It does not go far enough to explain what we are seeing. His Daily Show appearance may have helped lift him up, but only to those who were already infatuated.
No matter what this man does, no matter what comes out about his past, no matter what he says on open mic (to Russia), no matter what is done, He Still Has A Huge Following.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree Neo,
There are many that voted for Obama who wanted free stuff, who thought their ship had finally come in, so to speak.
There are those that voted for him simply because the color of his skin.
Yet there is a large part of intelligent people who follow him as well, people who actually looked at his past and present and are unaffected by it. They follow, my question is Why?
Why put this man on a pedestal? What has he really done to deserve it? How are these folks being willfully blinded? Why do they feel the need to put common sense away and follow?
Why?
There is a reason, I just can not find it.
Yet, I am a religious man, perhaps it's staring me right in the face.
Quad

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

When comparing presidencies saying one is no longer running is no longer relevant is really avoiding the issues in my opinion. After Obamas term is over and if a republican wins I am sure I will see the same thing happing as far as policies and people defending and attacking the current potus but I will leave that alone for the most part right now.

During the election I witnessed the anybody but Obama syndrome and I believe it backfired because once Romney took the spotlight it didn’t give people much of a choice. I fundamentally disagreed with Romney’s policies and did not trust him because he never elaborated on the ones he did outline. (Never trust a politician especially one that says trust me) That is essentially what Romney was saying. (Trust me I know how to balance the budget through cutting loopholes and I will do so when elected but I can’t tell you the details now.)

On to the list.

Signed the NDAA into law - making it legal to assassinate Americans w/o charge or trial.

I do not like this but I do understand it and I hope there comes a day it is not needed.

Initiated, and personally oversees a 'Secret Kill List'.

It isn’t that secret.

Waged war on Libya without congressional approval.

I consider this a conflict if we had deployed troops like in Iraq it would be a different story.

Started a covert, drone war in Yemen.

I agree with it. I also understand it.

Escalated the proxy war in Somalia.

I am not so up to date on this.

Escalated the CIA drone war in Pakistan.

I completely understand this. We also found Osama there.

Maintained a presence in Iraq even after "ending" the war.

This is the reality of all wars. WW1 WW2 I am sure you understand how it works.

Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan.

Not as much as they wanted to. He should have sent more troops.

Secretly deployed US special forces to 75 countries.

How secretly? We know about it. What were the missions?

Sold $30 billion of weapons to the dictatorship in Saudi Arabia.

Our number one export is weapons it has been for years. This is no surprise nor should it be. Saudi is considered an ally. I would be upset if weapons were given instead of sold.

Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia.

This is new to me. I was just there. I know we have a military presence there mainly to stem the drug tide.

Opened a military base in Chile.

It does not upset me.

Touted nuclear power, even after the disaster in Japan.
Another poster already dealt with this.

Opened up deepwater oil drilling, even after the BP disaster.

Ask yourself was he not being crucified for shutting it down in the first place? Lose lose situation.

Did a TV commercial promoting "clean coal".

I am not a fan or a believer in clean coal which is why I support his initiatives with renewable energy and it was a major difference between Romney and him. Romney only supported fossil fuels.

Defended body scans and pat-downs at airports.

This means nothing to me. I fly all the time it is only a minor inconvenience.

Signed the Patriot Act extension into law.

Sucks doesn’t it.

Deported a modern-record 1.5 million immigrants.

Damned if you do and if you don’t. Politically that is.

Continued Bush's rendition program.

Yup it sucks.

Keep in mind I am ex-military and have been to Iraq and Afghanistan so my views are shaped by that. I understand the need of our military presence around the world and I wish there were other countries up to the task but there just aren’t. Was I hypnotized by Obama? No way. I just made the best choice out of what was available and that’s all.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

He (Obama) is the antithesis of responsibility.

His whole platform is one ofblame. Blame Bush, blame the rich, blame the GOP, blame a hurricane, blame "racists".. . . . . . it's all about abdication of responsibility.

It's not your fault that you don't have a job.
It's not your fault you get paid a certain amount.

He speaks to a culture that is self-absorbed, self-centered.

Who in the hell wants to hear, "YOU are responsible for your own life!"?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

They follow, my question is Why? Why put this man on a pedestal? What has he really done to deserve it? How are these folks being willfully blinded? Why do they feel the need to put common sense away and follow? Why?

They are stuck on their id's and letting irrational thought overide the ego, and they think they are still the center of the universe.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Thank you for taking the time to put that well thought out and well formatted post in.
If I may ask, how do you feel about his past? About those he associated with and was mentored by?
How do you fell about some of his actions while being a lawyer in Illinois?
As you are ex-military I would really like to hear your side of it.
Could you also give your take on why the MSM seems to give him a free pass on all that he does?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

His whole platform is one ofblame. Blame Bush, blame the rich, blame the GOP, blame a hurricane, blame "racists".. . . . . . it's all about abdication of responsibility.

Beezer! What the hell!!

Bro, I know a bet is a bet but that's going TO FAR!!!!!

I DEMAND that you remove that MONSTROSITY from my thread this instant!!!!

It Must really suck to be you right now, that avatar really SUCKS!!

ETA
Oops, I was so blinded by your avatar I forgot to respond to your post.
I agree, yet I see it going deeper. Half the country did not change to selfish children over the past 4 to 8 years.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Maybe.

But I'm so awesome,I can make bad avatars look beautiful!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

What a load of horse crap.

Your entire crowd is self centered, I, ME ,ME, ME...

Too bad the scum bag GOP is relegated to the backwoods.

And when the economy finally normalizes, Obama is gonna be considered a hero due to
the right wing nuts.

So enjoy that.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Maybe.

I don't know bro, that is pretty awful, I think it may just surpass your awesomeness

Who in the world gave you that one?
I need to know because I don't want to piss'em off!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I am glad that YOU guys will have to pay for the healthcare of lazy people.

I am glad YOUR taxes are going up.

And

I am glad Obama will be president for another four years.

I also hope he taps your phone and parks a drone above your house, just for kicks

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepump

And when the economy finally normalizes, Obama is gonna be considered a hero due to
the right wing nuts.

So enjoy that.

Individuality
Personal responsibility

Is all me, me, me.

Because I should not have to be held responsibile for you. I should not have to foot your bill. I should not have to be held accountable for anyone else BUT me.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

Maybe.

I don't know bro, that is pretty awful, I think it may just surpass your awesomeness

Who in the world gave you that one?
I need to know because I don't want to piss'em off!

Him. (or her)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepump

the right wing nuts.

So enjoy that.

SEE!!!
This is what I am asking about.
THIS MENTALITY!
How did it go so far that people will throw away reality and follow this man blindly? They believe everything they are told by this president.
Economics means nothing to them. Obama said he would do it so in their minds it is already done.
I bet that Mr/Mrs. ThePump here is even an intelligent fellow/lady! Isn't that right Pump?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join