It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, The Pied Piper? Why do so many follow him blindly?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Why does it seem that so many, seemingly, Intelligent people take what ever President Obama says as undeniable truth?
They defend him no matter what. The common defense? "Well Bush did it".
Sorry but this is not a defense it's an excuse. Does his voice have a hypnotic effect to those on the left?
Why keep defending him, he and Bush are basically one and the same.
Sometimes I do not believe Obama is on the left or the right. Sometimes I think he is against ALL Americans. All we have to do is look at his record.

Among other things since becoming president, Barack Obama has:

Signed the NDAA into law - making it legal to assassinate Americans w/o charge or trial.
Initiated, and personally oversees a 'Secret Kill List'.
Waged war on Libya without congressional approval.
Started a covert, drone war in Yemen.
Escalated the proxy war in Somalia.
Escalated the CIA drone war in Pakistan.
Maintained a presence in Iraq even after "ending" the war.
Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan.
Secretly deployed US special forces to 75 countries.

Sold $30 billion of weapons to the dictatorship in Saudi Arabia.
Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia.
Opened a military base in Chile.
Touted nuclear power, even after the disaster in Japan.
Opened up deepwater oil drilling, even after the BP disaster.
Did a TV commercial promoting "clean coal".
Defended body scans and pat-downs at airports.
Signed the Patriot Act extension into law.
Deported a modern-record 1.5 million immigrants.
Continued Bush's rendition program.
stpeteforpeace.org...
Yes, Yes, I know, Bush did bad things too.
But here is a little wake-up call for those that defend this man no matter what he does.......
BUSH IS NO LONGER PRESIDENT. OBAMA IS.
For those of you who will defend this man no matter what he does or says you may want to look at the site linked above. It is too detailed to list everything in this thread but have a look for yourself.
Why would any one on the left support this Bush wannabe?
Deny Ignorance, at all cost. If you want America to heal, it is time to realize that this man is who is dividing us.
He is effectively driving wedges between Blacks and Whites, Men and Women, Gays and Straights, Rich and Poor, Dems and Republicans.
This President is the Great Divider. He has the MSM in his pocket right along with a lot of Americans.
THE MAN CAN DO NO WRONG IN THEIR EYES.
My simple question is WHY?
Quad

EDIT TO ADD: Some may consider this a rant but I believe it is a conspiracy. There is something that makes people follow this man, the way they do, that goes way beyond Ideology or charisma.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Signed the NDAA into law - making it legal to assassinate Americans w/o charge or trial.
This just isn't true. It's something that Conspiracy Theorists keep mindlessly repeating, yet it actually isn't true.
Initiated, and personally oversees a 'Secret Kill List'.
A "secret" kill list that you know about. It's either not very secret, or not very real.

Other than these 2 things, I personally don't like Obama for exactly the reasons you list....however, I can understand how the rest of the Americans, who are brainwashed to support the military, wouldn't have an issue with it.

Touted nuclear power, even after the disaster in Japan.

oh , and nuclear power is fine. What happened in Japan was because the people who built the reactors ignored the recommendations about how to build it.
You've been exposed to so much anti-nuclear propaganda, I don't expect you to change your mind about this issue. You're most likely brainwashed, no offense, we all are.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Obama, The Pied Piper? Why do so many follow him blindly

Free birth control pills
he won't force them to bare a child,
free education,
those free Obama phones,
he didn't go to "war"
he saved the auto industry,
he closed gitmo, 'torture and rendition were ended"
he made wall street pay
he is going to make those evil rich pay

Fascists flock together not a critical thinker among that lot sorry but true.

African Americans voted for him just cause "hes done so much for them"
Hispanics voted for him cause "hes done so much for them".
women wanted a government sugar daddy.
edit on 15-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Ghost I do not agree with a few of the things in the list either. However, some on the left do feel strongly about them. I posted the link, simply to draw us together. Far to often my links are attacked as being too "right wing".
I chose one with a different view point for this thread. Unless we can come together and see, as a Nation, what is being done we are asking for what is coming.
We are a Nation divided and this President is doing all of the wrong things to try and bring us together.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Obama, The Pied Piper? Why do so many follow him blindly

Free birth control pills
he won't force them to bare a child,
free education,
those free Obama phones,
he didn't go to "war"
he saved the auto industry,
he closed gitmo, 'torture and rendition were ended"
he made wall street pay

Single women well want a government sugar daddy.

keep telling that to yourself, but that's not why people support Obama.
I'm not going to argue it, because I know there's no waking you up from your fantasy world.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

They told me that so did their cheerleading media and all their campaign ads.

Republicans were evil they hate women,children,poor people,African Americans,Hispanics,Gays,they want people to die from not having healthcare and other free stuff.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

They told me that so did their cheerleading media and all their campaign ads.

Republicans were evil they hate women,children,poor people,African Americans,Hispanics,Gays,they want people to die from not having healthcare and other free stuff.

No, you twisted what was actually said, and interpreted it through your tinted glasses.

Did you really have to add a bunch of biased junk, to a good thread with unbiased criticisms of Obama?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm not looking to argue. But could you tell me why you support Obama. I swear to let it be, even though I will most likely disagree.

Sorry. You did NOT say you support Obama. My Bad.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Chi-and-Me because: My bad

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

I don't think your list was too "right wing." I think it's a good criticism of Obama, which is very hard to find nowadays, it's usually just junk like neo96 posted.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo, You and I agree on many things and I somewhat agree with what you say in this post but the truth is that he did not do some of the things you listed. He Promised but didn't do them.
No, I believe whatever it is, it goes way beyond those.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Did not twist a thing that is on record for anyone to see by those of this so called election.

Truth hurts don't it

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chi-and-Me

I'm not looking to argue. But could you tell me why you support Obama. I swear to let it be, even though I will most likely disagree.

I don't support Obama. There's a difference between denying the BS thrown at him, and supporting him.
The BS thrown at him detracts from real criticism. That's why I do it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

More about political manipulation and perception of the public.

The losers of the election were painted as pure evil and never should hold office.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You people wouldn't be doing this stuff if Romney had won, yet it would be the exact same way. Why do people think that Mitt Romney and Barrack Obama are any different? They are both bought and paid for by the true corrupt "rulers" of this land.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

I don't think your list was too "right wing." I think it's a good criticism of Obama, which is very hard to find nowadays, it's usually just junk like neo96 posted.
I know the link above is not right wing. That's why I added it to this thread. I wanted people to read it and respond without being turned off from the start.
I said many of my links are called too right-wing, Meaning: Many will look at the source of the link and dismiss all of the information out of hand.
I did not want that to happen in this thread. I would like a serious discussion because I really do not understand why he has such a blind following.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

free education
Are you talking about federal student LOANS, where people have to repay the govt. with interest? using the word "free" is twisting the truth.
those free Obama phones,

The site does, however, clarify that Obama did not start the program and that there's no such thing as an "Obama phone." "It’s true that government provides free cellphones to the poor and disabled people," the site reads. "But the Obama part is not true as Obama didn’t initiate this program. It’s on the run [sic] since the administration of Reagan." Read more: www.foxnews.com...

And that's from Fox News....

he made wall street pay
He did add more regulations to Wall Street, regulations that Republicans opposed. Saying "he made them pay" is twisting the truth.
You want to say this isn't twisting the truth?

women wanted a government sugar daddy.

These last 4 sentences are the most cold and biased of the bunch.

Still want to say "you didn't twist a thing"

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I fell for it in 08, Obama gives speeches, the tone of his voice is like Dr. King Jr., w/ a teleprompter, but when you look close at his policy making track record, you come to the conclusion that he is either very arrogant/selfish 'my way or the highway' philosophy, or he is a puppet being told to be that way by his handlers who are very arrogant/selfish.

Either way the kool-aid effect wore off for me & yet all I hear is how he is great & the first black president, I could care less what someone's skin color is, the US was downgraded to AA, 16Trillion+ debt, extremely high unemployment, beyond what any official number reports are showing, the millions who stopped looking for a job aren't on that report after a while and the millions who settled to work for taco bell aren't on that report anymore, the reality is Obama not Bush is the leader of the US, he & his policies & his people 'handlers' are reflective of who they are leading, the blind sheep, because their followers are so extremely impossibly dumb & this includes me in 08, they dumb down their answers to the press.

Did you see that press conference Obama gave a few days ago? He speaks to the press like Mr. Rogers speaks to little kids. Obama doesn't care about the intelligent population, he only cares about his dumb supporters who will eat up everything he packages. The man can convince everyone in a room that the price of gas is low, that drilling is at an all time high, when the exact opposite is the case and when those people drive home & fill up for gas they are so star-struck by his speech giving abilities they literally can't see the amount of $ deducted from their wallet.

The why answer differs from person to person, the people I know who voted for Obama voted for him because it was the *Trendy* thing to do, voting for a white Mormon isn't exactly a trend, voting for a 2nd term of the First Black President? ultra-trendy. No matter how bad of a 1st term he was, & this is coming for someone taking an iota of responsibility in getting him there, I even voted for Obama in the primary of 08 opposing Hillary Clinton, looking back, I wish I voted for Hillary in the primary, she would probably have been a great president compared to Obama.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by Chi-and-Me

I don't support Obama. There's a difference between denying the BS thrown at him, and supporting him.

Right. I found my mistake and edited. You did NOT say you support him, but you replyed before my edit.

However, some of what you call BS thrown at him, I see as truth. And in my opinion, to not fight against his wrongs is to support.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chi-and-Me

Oops, I edited my post before I saw your post. I probably would've just replied to it, rather than edited it.
Perhaps the things I pointed out as wrong in the OP are true, and I'm mistaken. And I suppose on a site like this, it's fine to include. But even if they are true, it's probably not best to include them in the top spots. It may turn off people who don't follow conspiracy theories, and they are the still the majority overall, and the people we need to convince.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anundeniabletruth
You people wouldn't be doing this stuff if Romney had won, yet it would be the exact same way. Why do people think that Mitt Romney and Barrack Obama are any different? They are both bought and paid for by the true corrupt "rulers" of this land.

By "you people" do you mean Americans?
Because in the end that is what we all are.
There is not a group of Americans called "you People".
I do not believe that Romney would have had the same blind following. I know Bush didn't. Many times I heard those on the right trash talk him just like those on the left but for different reasons.
Obama has a large following that thinks he walks on water and I do not understand it. Not all that support him are this way but a large part is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join