It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE HOBBIT!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I can't wait to see this movie! I have seen all the others and know it will be impressive!

Thanks for the reminder!!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Glad to have reminded so many people

Im really looking forward to this filim, so its nice to see how many others are too.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

Well, it may help ou undertsand the story a little better, i mean i can always explain if you have any questions bout it

But i still think it would be fun to watch them

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKiryu

We can maybe watch them sometime. We still need DotD night though!! But aye, you could just explain it. I'll pretend to listen and ambush you with questions and sarcy comments through the film. Reckon I can beat my "Imagine the marks on his [Bane's] face when he takes that mask off, man?" comment??

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

whey if you fancy it then we can, it will kind of help, not much really concidering the hobbit is set before the lord of the rings filims, but it will give you a feel for some of the characters in it

But yeah we deffinatly need a DotD night XD been saying that for aages now like lols. Aww man i dunno like i think that was the best thing youve come out with in the middle of a filim so far, and lols if you have any questions id be able to awnser them any way

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
"Part 1"? You mean there's more than just one movie? I hope not, I understand the LOTR being dragged out painfully but The Hobbit book could easily fit into a 2-3hr movie at most. I always preferred it to LOTR so I'll check it out.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestikc
"Part 1"? You mean there's more than just one movie? I hope not, I understand the LOTR being dragged out painfully but The Hobbit book could easily fit into a 2-3hr movie at most. I always preferred it to LOTR so I'll check it out.

It's going to be three movies...

I have been watching LOTR to re familiarise myself, I don't have the third film though so it's unfinished at the moment.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
really didn't like the LOTR movies and the books were just ok in my opinion but i loved reading the hobbit.
the hobbit movies are going to be a bit strange though, lotr had one book per movie, the hobbit is one book for 3 movies so they're only doing the 1st 6 chapters.
3 movies with 3 hours each....... you can literaly read the book faster.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

What is it that makes the Hobbit a much nicer read? Never read it myself but would consider it.
Is it an easier read? A shorter story? or perhaps easier to keep track of characters and events?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Going to see the hobbit as my Bday gift this year. I can't wait! I have loved these books since I was a kid, but growing up I felt it would be impossible to ever make them into a live action movie without them looking pathetic.

Well, that was before CGI and all the high tech hoohah stuff became available. So when they announced that they were making a LOTR movie, I was floored but also very skeptical. I was worried they wouldn't be able to do it justice. I saw the movies, and my fears melted, I was so happy with Peter Jackson's effort. Sure a few things could have been better, but I am not one to nitpick, considering I never thought I'd ever see anything close to that on the big screen.

And now I get to see the hobbit! I can only wonder now, if he would ever attempt the silmarillion? Can't even imagine that one....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

just seems more like an adventure tale where lotr kinda bored me.

maybe because when he wrote the hobbit, it was a new idea that kinda reads like a more childish adventure.
he was asked to make a sequel for the hobbit and so he made the LOTR which was darker and more apocalyptic.

i'm not completely sure why i prefere the hobbit but i do, if you havent read it then i'd recommend it before the movie spoils its feel.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Saw it at Bradford IMAX in 3D and I really enjoyed it, it has a different feel than LOTR's but that is because The hobbit book and LOTR book are very different.
The effects are amazing and took my breath away, It is also pretty funny and the Dwarfs brought a smile to my face.
Dunno If I would take little kids due to a couple of scenes which may be pretty scary (a 6-7 year old say next to me cried
).
Great film just wish I didnt have to wait 12 months for the next one.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I have tried like two or three times to watch the 1st Lord of the Rings....it just bores me to death

The first movie is quite slow, but it's also truest to the books. But if you skip ahead to the part where they fight the troll and then the Balrog (fire demon) it is very exciting.

We saw the hobbit today and it was awesome! Fun, funny and lots of action.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
reply to post by listerofsmeg

What is it that makes the Hobbit a much nicer read? Never read it myself but would consider it.
Is it an easier read? A shorter story? or perhaps easier to keep track of characters and events?

It is easier to read because it was written expressly for children. The Lord of the Rings is much more difficult to read because it was written for the children that had read the hobbit and had long since grown into adults. As to the other poster who said it could fit in one film, no at minimum you had to have two films. The book just has too much good stuff in it. The third film was added to allow the story to act as a bridge with details from the appendices and footnotes. Fleshing out the white council's battle with the Necromancer aka Sauron. Which is given to us in the book, but never fleshed out.

After having seen it, I will say Jackson did a good job. A number of questionable changes, but only one that bothers me to no end.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Saw it! I didn't go to opening night or anything but I saw it just the other day...extremely cool and extremely well done. I have to say...it was not a disappointment. Loved it.

I so hope...and I know it probably won't happen....that Peter Jackson will take a hard look at The Silmarillion...man I loved that book. My youngest daughter is a Tolkein fan now (she's 19) we saw the movie together and she has not yet read "The Silmarillion"...I was telling her parts of the story of the first age and she asked me "when did you read this"...I grinned..."When I was younger than you"...she looked puzzled..."How do you remember all of this?"

"Because it is the most wonderful fantasy ever written"...
edit on 12/19/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

They can't, the Saul Zaentz Company doesn't have the production rights to any works outside of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. And Christopher Tolkien will not allow the rest of the works be depicted in any media outside of print.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKiryu
Okay, so the Hobbit part one comes out very soon, and i seriously can't wait.
I seriously hope they don't stray to far from the book, how ever it is peter jackson so i think he will do as much as he can.
After all i do think he did a fantastic job with the Lord of The Rings movies too.

What part are you looking forward to seeing in the filim the most?

I think i am looking forward to see again Gandalf, Galadriel and Legolas. I found the end of Return of the King a little bit sad, even in the books (in fact, even more in the books), and seeing them again would make me feel kind of happy, as if, they are not really gone (i know, they are not real, and it is ridiculous as feeling
)
I am also looking forward to how Peter will link The Hobbit with the LOTR; is he gonna show Gandalf and Galadriel's fight against the Dark Wizard? Is he gonna show how Gandalf chased Gollum and gave him to the Woodland Elves? How Gandalf and Aragorn knew each other?
I also look forward to see Legolas in his own environment, as a warrior prince; he is almost the only one that we didn't see in his environment except Gimli.
I look forward to the entire movies!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
Saw it! I didn't go to opening night or anything but I saw it just the other day...extremely cool and extremely well done. I have to say...it was not a disappointment. Loved it.

I so hope...and I know it probably won't happen....that Peter Jackson will take a hard look at The Silmarillion...man I loved that book. My youngest daughter is a Tolkein fan now (she's 19) we saw the movie together and she has not yet read "The Silmarillion"...I was telling her parts of the story of the first age and she asked me "when did you read this"...I grinned..."When I was younger than you"...she looked puzzled..."How do you remember all of this?"

"Because it is the most wonderful fantasy ever written"...
edit on 12/19/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

Actually, Peter Jackson is planning to put The Silmarillion into production in 2018:

dimpost.wordpress.com...

I am equally excited to see it on movie! Think of how it will be beautiful!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

No that is a pure satire post from 2008 no less.

The problem, Jackson says, is in who controls the rights to the work. “The Silmarillion is the big volume, but that’s owned by the Tolkien estate," he said. "It’s not owned by Warner Bros. or MGM — and I don’t think the Tolkien estate are very fond of these movies, so I wouldn’t expect to see The Silmarillion any time soon.”

The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, and 48 FPS: More Tolkien In Store for Peter Jackson?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join