It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Active shooter excersise at Dover AFB turns real?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Dover AFB

a little info on the page says it was a real situation that has been neutralized.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Update

Appears to have been an incident at a middle school.
Went into full lock down during the event.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Dover AFB Airman and Family Readiness: The situation that occurred today is being investigated. Public Affairs will release a statement when information becomes available. 9 minutes ago · Like · 1

edit on 15-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Information Coming i guess......like watching the paint dry

436th Airlift Wing Good Afternoon Dover Family, During today's previously scheduled active shooter exercise on Dover Air Force Base, portions of the base populace responded to the scenario and unknowingly construed exercise inputs for real world active shooter considerations. Colonel Rick Moore, 436th Airlift Wing commander, and senior leadership apologize for any inconvenience this response may have caused, however the measures were necessary to ensure the safety of the base populace and all concerned until the reports were fully investigated and found to be false. Again, please keep in mind that there was no active shooter on base today. 436th AW/PA

edit on 15-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by johngrissom

No some jackass brought a real weapon on base, shortly after the exercise

I used to bring my own personal weapons onto base all the time. No big deal.

If you live on base and you have legally purchased your weapons, they have no problem with that.

Of course, if you have your M4/AK on the seat next to you with the mag in, I'm sure that you will be detained...at gunpoint.
edit on 15-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

And how log ago was that? I'm a former resident Marine stationed at Camp Lejuene (French Creek...OOHRAH)and I can't even get on the base anymore without all the rigmarole that goes along with it...like car searches with dogs and a Marine standing by with a loaded M-16 and a pistol on his side. Things have changed since 9/11...so weapons, whether legal or not, will probably be held in the main entrance
guard shack until you leave the base...that is...if they even let you in after that.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
TC Responds to almost every post in the topic, 2nd page the truth comes out and he no longer has anything to say.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

I used to regularly depart and return Ft. Bragg (2008-2009, I was in the WTU there after being MedEvac'ed from Iraq) and would go shooting on a weekly basis. I had a AR-10 which was stored in the back of the Jeep, since there is no trunk.

They did want to see it a couple times, but was never held up for long.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join