It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Active shooter excersise at Dover AFB turns real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
There is supposed to be an excersise today but someone actually decided to become one.

I have no idea if there has been shots fired but the base is currently on lockdown.

*UPDATE*

At this time, this threat is being looked at as a real one and not an excersise.

*UPDATE #2"
Threat has been lifted and the base is off lock down.
Waiting for official statement if this was an exercise or a real threat.
edit on 15-11-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

news before its news...

Links ... Updates ...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Gotta love social media, theres not even anything on the MSM ticker yet.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

Just literately happened like 10 minutes ago

My guess, some idiot brought a weapon on base.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
According to the news it's an shooter threat exercise.

Officials at Dover Air Force Base are conducting a security threat exercise involving the scenario of an active shooter on the grounds of the Dover military installation.

Officials with the 436th Airlift Wing said Thursday's exercise will be conducted within the base and its training areas and will involve all base personnel.

They also say base visitors could be treated as participants, and that residents and guests should expect delays of customer service and possible gate closures.

Officials also advise that the exercise may involve simulated explosions, smoke, emergency responders and role-players with simulated injuries.

NBC News

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Okay......nothing to see here kids, please go home, false alarm.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering
Okay......nothing to see here kids, please go home, false alarm.

No some jackass brought a real weapon on base, shortly after the exercise

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
According to the news it's an shooter threat exercise.

Officials at Dover Air Force Base are conducting a security threat exercise involving the scenario of an active shooter on the grounds of the Dover military installation.

Officials with the 436th Airlift Wing said Thursday's exercise will be conducted within the base and its training areas and will involve all base personnel.

They also say base visitors could be treated as participants, and that residents and guests should expect delays of customer service and possible gate closures.

Officials also advise that the exercise may involve simulated explosions, smoke, emergency responders and role-players with simulated injuries.

NBC News

That story was posted 5 hours ago

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

And there probably won't be an more recent ones, since they announced an exercise. There are two articles, both talking about an exercise today, with delays all over the base. That is the only news coming off the base. Even the Air Force news only talks about the exercise.
edit on 11/15/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

And there probably won't be an more recent ones, since they announced an exercise. There are two articles, both talking about an exercise today, with delays all over the base. That is the only news coming off the base. Even the Air Force news only talks about the exercise.

At this point in time, only personal working on or at the base have knowledge of this. Waiting for the news choppers to be flying over. Give it another 30 minutes.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

I used to bring my own personal weapons onto base all the time. No big deal.

If you live on base and you have legally purchased your weapons, they have no problem with that.

Of course, if you have your M4/AK on the seat next to you with the mag in, I'm sure that you will be detained...at gunpoint.
edit on 15-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I used to bring my own personal weapons onto base all the time. No big deal.

If you live on base and you have legally purchased your weapons, they have no problem with that.

Of course, if you have your M4/AK on the seat next to you with the mag in, I'm sure that you will be detained.

Unfortunately, this is not a building you bring weapons into.
And it could very well be an excersise still but we have not be told it is.
House calls are not made during exercises.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Why is it that every time there is a supposed drill, the real thing ends up happening? I belive the term is to "flip it live". Same as on 9/11. They trained for planes into buildings, thats exactly what happend.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
There was talk of everything from delays going on and off base, into buildings, even fake explosions, and smoke grenades going off. This was supposed to be an extremely realistic exercise.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

At this point in time, only personal working on or at the base have knowledge of this. Waiting for the news choppers to be flying over. Give it another 30 minutes.

Are you saying that its not part of the drill and an actual false flag/or coincidental event is occurring with a real shooter.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

There was talk of everything from delays going on and off base, into buildings, even fake explosions, and smoke grenades going off. This was supposed to be an extremely realistic exercise.

Could be. My money, this is just a very realistic exercise like you said but always prepare for the worst right?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
moarrr....anything? i assume you or someone you know is on base?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
moarrr....anything? i assume you or someone you know is on base?

Everybody locked down at the base are saying this is real but for us to be certain. I will wait till the official report comes out.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They are saying "Not an exercise, Real World situation" over the radio.
edit on 15-11-2012 by meld123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Every news site is still saying exercise. So is the base website.

<<   2 >>

join