It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubic0n

Well if photos are any indicator, this one tells me they are ready to go. This was 7 hours ago?

www.facebook.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
eurgh, has something just hit the Reuters building? I heard a noise, switched to the tab and it went offline with a horrible whining sound.
edit on 17/11/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Arab League meeting (English translation)

www.aljazeera.com...
edit on 17-11-2012 by sueloujo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Rubic0n

Well if photos are any indicator, this one tells me they are ready to go. This was 7 hours ago?

www.facebook.com...

I am not surprised that they were at the ready and all signs and reports until a few hours ago told us that it would most likely happen. That is why i find that warning from palestinia that they made yesterday about israel being in for a surprise if they would proceed with a ground attack so interesting ever since Israel just now came out with the statement that a ground invasion will most likely fail. It really looks like it to me that palestine has been underestimated in their capabilities (and or its support?).

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Arab league meeting on www.presstv.ir... now

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubic0n

Dunno...

Heres another (from last night)

"We are kind of reluctant warriors. We don't want to get into Gaza if we don't have to," Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon said Friday. "If we will see in the next 24 to 36 hours more rockets launched at us, I think that would be the trigger."
www.usatoday.com...

Not that I believe anything either side says, just bringing it.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Rubic0n

Dunno...

Heres another (from last night)

"We are kind of reluctant warriors. We don't want to get into Gaza if we don't have to," Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon said Friday. "If we will see in the next 24 to 36 hours more rockets launched at us, I think that would be the trigger."
www.usatoday.com...

Not that I believe anything either side says, just bringing it.

That quote has indeed been reported throughout the media yesterday,
Considering the amount the missiles we have seen going in and out of gaza on the livestreams that should have been more then enough to launch that ground invasion. Considering Israel's sudden and clear change of mind that they would fail with the planned ground invasion it would not seem unreasonable to think that Israel's intel may have learned about something specific we do not know about yet.

Possibly.
edit on 17-11-2012 by Rubic0n because: typo

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The surpise is presumed to be a 'ground' rocket in the possession of Hamas. As reported by Farah.

Now what is a ground rocket.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
The surpise is presumed to be a 'ground' rocket in the possession of Hamas. As reported by Farah.

As far as i know , a ground rocket is a rocket that is fired from the ground as opposed from a flying platform.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

A SENIOR Iranian official has denied his country supplied the Fajr 5 missiles which Palestinian militants have been firing at Tel Aviv, Iran's Al-Alam television reports.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Just a thought about the foreign nationals not beeing let out of Gaza: I would not let them out either, if I was Hamas, because they could provide intelligence to IDF. A safety precaution.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I thought when I read that "Shoe on the other foot?" and "Pot, meet kettle".

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k

Anti tank/armour maybe?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

This has just come out, but I don't really know how long ago this happened. Maybe all the palestinians are referring to is the new long range "ballistic missile".

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

At least 2 Palestinians have lost their lives in the occupied West Bank as the Israeli soldiers open fire on anti-war Palestinian protesters.

I doubt anti-war protesters is true, but nevertheless.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If Farahs reports are to believed bombing of Gaza strip continues.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Harry also reports fresh bombings in the North,and center of Gaza,F16s heard overhead.
This was after a 30min lull in activity he says.

www.ustream.tv...

edit on 17/11/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Update on negotiations

6:30 P.M. In a meeting Saturday with Egyptian intelligence officials, senior Hamas officials demanded Egypt ease the blockade on Gaza and Israel provide assurances that it will keep its side of a ceasefire and especially refrain from assassinating Hamas leaders in exchange for a ceasefire. Palestinian sources told Haaretz the Hamas was not asking Israel to lift the naval blockade on the coastal enclave rather that Egypt allow a free flow of goods through the Rafah Crossing. Cairo rejected this. (Haaretz)

Haaretz Live blog

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Harry also reports fresh bombings in the North,and center of Gaza,F16s heard overhead.
This was after a 30min lull in activity he says.

www.ustream.tv...

edit on 17/11/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

Seems like Harry and Farah are reporting each others information.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian
Arab league meeting on www.presstv.ir... now

what a great station

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join