Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Huge explosion just now on reuters.livestation.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
I beleive I read reports coming out of Hamas saying they have workshops to make long range rockets. This contradicts that report.

Correct. When the rockets hit Tel Aviv & Jerusalem yesterday they claimed they were home made and followed up with this:

Alqassam Brigades
@AlqassamBrigade
Al Qassam: M75 missile,M stands for Maqadma, former Hamas founder assassinated by Israel in 2003, 75 stands for the range it reaches 75-80km

twitter.com

I'm not sure which one to believe. Either could be posturing.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadhatterTheGreat
Any feeds from the Israeli side or are the RT and Reuters feeds the only ones?

I considered the Reuters feed the israeli side considering all the cheering,clapping and laughing that can be heard on it every time a explosion occurs in gaza city.

edit on 17-11-2012 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Live feeds showing continued intermittent bombardment of Gaza.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
any live feed directly from Gaza? the one from Reuters is in Israel right?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone posted this, I only checked back a few pages
www.infowars.com...

Palestinians shoot down a f 16 fighter jet.
All they are saying is it was shot down friday. No video or pics, or even the kind of weapon they used. If this is true that would be big news I think.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Lots of talk about that yesterday. No one has been able to confirm.

At one point there was a photo circulating claiming proof, but the photo was 6 years old.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What are we to be seeing in the RT feed?

For some reason it has been moved down to the lobby level, a lot of "suits" up and down the stairs that are being monitored by a well dressed man (employee, management I assume). No one appears aware of the camera though.

Just switched back to a very large blast that occured while we were watching the stairs.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by khimbar
'2:30 P.M. Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Qatar's Emir Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, and Egyptian President Mohammad Morsi are holding a meeting in Cairo (Avi Issacharoff)'

www.haaretz.com...

Good or bad news?

Qatar is an Israeli/US puppet, Turkey is neutral, and Egypt for the Palestinians so these talks are probably an attempt at some mediation from regional players.

I am always suspicious of Qatar, while Turkey is hard to read, and Egypt is very transparent in my opinion so this meeting can be considered a good or a bad thing depending what your outlook is.

According to links from this thread (keeping in mind there has been a lot of "slanted" reporting):

Turkey has nothing to say to Israel. It seems Israel intercepted a raft of aid going into Gaza and there was a scuffle. I think they said Turks were killed, but may have only been injured. Either way, the article stated Turkey cut off relations with Israel since then.

Pure speculation on my part, but with stories circulating about Qatar feeding intel to Israel and planting tracking devices to help them locate Hamas, I would think now would be a good time for Qatar to be very, very loyal to whatever the Muslim nations end up deciding.

Egypt is stuck between a rock and a hard place. They want to show solidarity and support for Gaza without getting into direct conflict with Israel and her supporters. Of the 3, my guess is they're the most motivated toward a quick de-escalation.

Sorry for the amount of speculation and lack of links in my first post, just wanted to help summarize this long thread and it's abundance of links a little.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
What are we to be seeing in the RT feed?

For some reason it has been moved down to the lobby level, a lot of "suits" up and down the stairs that are being monitored by a well dressed man (employee, management I assume). No one appears aware of the camera though.

Just switched back to a very large blast that occurred while we were watching the stairs.

I just came back to my system when that blast occurred. That is the one i saw on the reuters cam. where you could here all the people cheering , clapping and laughing when the blast occurred. these people can only be heard on the Gaza city skyline cam though.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I use Press TV.
you get news about america to.
the stuff the dont show in america.

PressTV

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Update : Israeli media reports that air raid sirens are being sounded following an explosion in city of Tel Aviv

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

Thank you for the PressTv link
s&f

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Rocket siren sounds in Tel Aviv
twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Cant wait till israel or palestian blow up the old city of Jerusalem

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
According to the reports at least one of the rockets fired at Tel Aviv was intercepted by the new Iron Dome Battery.

[ETA]

One report of the sirens sounding in Western Jerusalem.
edit on 17-11-2012 by OneisOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

what is the iron dome ? (wiking now)

en.wikipedia.org...

Iron Dome (Hebrew: כִּיפַּת בַּרְזֶל, kipat barzel) is a mobile all-weather air defense system[2] developed by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems.[1] It was designed to intercept and destroy short-range rockets and artillery shells fired from distances of 4 to 70 kilometers away and whose trajectory would take them to a populated area.[3][4] The system, created as a defensive countermeasure to the rocket threat against Israel's civilian population on its northern and southern borders, uses technology first employed in Rafael's SPYDER system. Iron Dome was declared operational and initially deployed on 27 March 2011 near Beersheba.[5] On 7 April 2011, the system successfully intercepted a Grad rocket launched from Gaza for the first time.[6] On 10 March 2012, The Jerusalem Post reported that the system shot down 90% of rockets launched from Gaza it fired at (rockets which will land in unpopulated areas are ignored).[4] By April 2012, it had intercepted 93 rockets.[7][8]
edit on 17-11-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Sirens can heard on RT(Tel Aviv) along with what may be rocket interceptions in the sky. Sounds of explosions as well.

Reports of sirens in Jaffa too.

twitter.com...
edit on 17/11/12 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reuters.livestation.com...

The reuters cam. on which the cheering and clapping could be heard when that explosion occured in gaza city is now back on BUT this time with a very loud buzz obscuring most of the voices that could be heard clearly earlier on.

EDIT :
Just now:
and again they clap ,cheer, and yell at a explosion in gaza city. IT really souns like they are having a really good time over there.

I will ignore the buzzing that they created over this feed for this.
edit on 17-11-2012 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

Tel aviv just came under rocket attack, feed shown people running for their lives from having a normal day on the beach. How you could be having a normal day at the beach while this is going on I have no idea.
edit on 17-11-2012 by TheKingsVillian because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join