It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Just had a large explosion in the background on the RT feed. The two men having a heated discussion immediately stopped talking when the blast hit. I didn't hear any planes.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
found on twitter: cbs reporting Israeli troops readying ground invasion.

"Israeli troops move to Gaza after rockets jolt Tel Aviv area" 2:46 p.m. ET www.cbsnews.com...

"Late in the day, Israel signaled a ground operation may be imminent as forces moved toward the border area with Gaza. At least 12 trucks were seen transporting tanks and armored personnel carriers, and a number of buses carrying soldiers arrived. Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said he had authorized the army to call-up additional reservists for possible action. The army said it was prepared to draft up to 30,000 additional troops."

(Remember, they dropped leaflets last night announcing ground invasion imminent.)
edit on 15-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

edit on 15-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: fix link

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I found israel live webcams. Requires that you download MPlayer.

I dont know anything about MPlayer. Anyone else know of it?

www.mylivestreams.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kituwa
I found israel live webcams. Requires that you download MPlayer.

I dont know anything about MPlayer. Anyone else know of it?

www.mylivestreams.com...

Never heard of this

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Israel calls up troops for Gaza campaign

ISRAEL'S defence minister Ehud Barak has approved the call-up of 30,000 reserve soldiers to the Gaza Strip, as Hamas rockets threaten Tel Aviv.

The announcement came as Israel pressed a massive air campaign against Gaza militants which threatened to expand into a ground operation after a rocket struck the sea just off the coast of Tel Aviv and a second landed just south of the sprawling coastal city.

"We are in the process of expanding the campaign," Brigadier General Yoav Mordechai told Channel 2 television as the army said militants had fired more than 380 rockets across the border.

"The defence minister approved a few minutes ago, based on the army's request, the recruitment of another 30,000 soldiers. We will determine how many of them will be called in," he said.

"This means that all options are on the table," he said.

www.theaustralian.com.au...
edit on 15-11-2012 by daaskapital because: link

link   
Also found Daystar live cam.

It appears to be clearer than RT. You can actually see cars moving in the area from time to time.

www.daystar.com...

link   
Any live feeds that do not require downloads? Tweets?
Thank you.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Great thread. Keeps out all the noise, just presents the facts.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

Mplayer is for unix/linux based OS's
Unless mean "mediaplayer"

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It appears to be clearer than RT. You can actually see cars moving in the area from time to time.

www.daystar.com...

Where in Israel is this cam?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Great thread. Keeps out all the noise, just presents the facts.

Brings me back to the times of 2009 when we had a thread hundreds of pages long, everyone keeping up on live feed links...those were the days. I would love to see some of those friendly faces again. Thanks for the compliment!

edit on 15-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Latest
20.32 Phoebe Greenwood, who is retiring for the evening, leaves us with a couple of notes.

There has been heavy bombing around our hotel here in Gaza City in the last hour or so. Reports are coming through the Twittersphere of troops amassing along the Israeli-Gaza border, following the Israeli announcement they are ready for "Phase 2". The assumption here is that there will be a ground offensive of some sort over night.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Keep an eye on twitter, there is a lot of fluff, but in some instances you can see the truth. The telegraph is doing a good job with constant updates.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Dr. Erekat Holds Israel Accountable for the Act of Aggression on the Gaza Strip/ Details Published on Thursday, 15 November 2012 09:40 Erekat-US-Israel-should-focus-on-peace

PNN Thursday 15th November, PLO's Negotiations Affairs Department said in a press release that Member of the PLO Executive Committee and Chief Palestinian Negotiator Dr. Saeb Erekat condemned in the strongest terms the assassinations committed yesterday in Gaza by Israeli Occupation Forces.

"We condemn in the strongest terms this new Israeli assassination which aims to initiate a bloody escalation. We hold the Israeli government fully responsible for the consequences that this new act of aggression would bring to the region" "This exposes that Israel has an agenda for war but not for peace." Dr. Saeb Erekat made this comment from Switzerland, where he is accompanying President Mahmoud Abbas in an official visit.

english.pnn.ps...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
RT has a direct line to their Gaza feed now...They only have this link active sometimes: RT Direct link.

When that one isn't active use: RT secondary link. This link has for the most part been showing 90% Gaza related feeds for most of the day.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

www.daystar.com...

Where in Israel is this cam?

I'm not sure.

I'm guessing Jerusalem maybe?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Amazing that with all the shelling they still have power. Are there any news stations airing this live from Gaza?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Harry Fear's ustream back up; he changed locations to a hotel.

www.ustream.tv...

Edit to add: Just went offline again. You can tell whether or not it's live by a box in the bottom of the screen; it will say 'live' or 'off air'. It can be confusing b/c when he is not on live, it plays loops of previous videos.

Again, here is his twitter, which he updates his status from, and also, he said he has a satellite phone in case all internet or electricity goes.

twitter.com...

Last tweets are: "Internet down. Stand by", and "Warplanes getting louder in West Gaza City"
edit on 15-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Kituwa

Mplayer is for unix/linux based OS's
Unless mean "mediaplayer"

It's not mediaplayer.

I didnt download because I had never heard of it.

Thought maybe some ATS'ers may have.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join