It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil

Pic of the F16 downed over Gaza, source arabic.rt.com...

ATTENTION!

Update on my post above, the link and picture was reported on another site to be a pic of the F16 downed over Gaza, however, after further investigation by myself I can tell you that this is not an accurate report and the image id in fact from RUSSIA.

I hate these common repost of old pictures purporting to be current events

This is where I originally saw the report...
www.militaryphotos.net...

However while continuing to browse todays news stories I also found this...
elitedaily.com...

edit on 16-11-2012 by lifttheveil because: Fixed link

edit on 16-11-2012 by lifttheveil because: Fixed link

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Barak seeks 75,000 reservists for possible Gaza operation.

As government mulls a ground operation, defense minister seeks to increase cabinet's approval of reservists from 30,000; thus far, 16,000 draft orders issued to reserves.
Link

This is shaping up to be a VERY big ground operation in Gaza.

It seems Israel is finally going to do what they should have done long ago. Get rid of Hamas.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
webtv.un.org...

UN talks, lies most likely... Just a pre warning to use your own best judgement and intelligence.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Iraq's permanent representative to the League of Arab States, Qais Al Azzawi, has today called for the use of oil as a weapon to pressure the United States and other countries to end the Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip.

www.middleeastmonitor.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think I saw this on twitter; not sure now, opened it awhile ago and forgot about it; good for everyone here to be aware of as well so as to not compromise people:

"Israeli Military To Citizens: Don't Facebook, Tweet, Instagram Rocket-Hit Locations"

"Location metadata stored on Twitter and other social media are feared by Israeli officials to be assisting Hamas' efforts and counter-attacks. Israeli authorities are warning citizens not to post the locations of rocket attacks or air raid sirens on social media. According to a post on the Israeli blog Yid With Lid, Israeli military contacts are telling Internet users not to post attack locations for fear Hamas and other organizations are using social media to triangulate their rocket launches. In press conferences and in media communications, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) usually use the euphemisms “open fields” and “populated areas” to describe the locations of rocket attacks.
Geotagging of posts on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram makes metadata describing the exact location of a user publicly available. GPS technology allows any outsider access to triangulation abilities that would have been a military secret even 10 years ago. For Hamas, the Israeli military, and other players, access to real-time GPS information on the ground via social media is an increasing reality."

www.fastcompany.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

This is not F-16 in the photo. No side-wing pilons or rockets.
Compare with this
www.giantbomb.com...
and see what i am talking about.
Given that no Israeli nor Palestinian news site mentions it - i would say that it is false info.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mash3d

Originally posted by lifttheveil

Pic of the F16 downed over Gaza, source arabic.rt.com...

That's a Russian Mig-29 crash from the 1993 RAF Fairford Air Show in England.

www.youtube.com...

Star for that and good work mash3d, we probably noticed that at the same time, I corrected it with a reply and I'll correct the OP now too

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

Social Media is really playing a great role in This War .

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just a little information/perspective about Palestine, Gaza and the people who live there. This is such a small area to hold so many people.

So many young people, children, babies, unborn, and according to these stats, in the process of being born during these past days of war and bombing.

Ethnic groups:
Palestinian Arab

Languages:
Arabic, Hebrew (spoken by many Palestinians), English (widely understood)

Religions:
Muslim (predominantly Sunni) 99.3%, Christian 0.7%

Population:
1,710,257 (July 2012 est.)
country comparison to the world: 151
[see also: Population country ranks ]

Age structure:
0-14 years: 43.9% (male 374,110/female 354,088)
[see also: Age structure 0-14 years country ranks ]
15-64 years: 53.5% (male 453,253/female 432,855)
[see also: Age structure 15-64 years country ranks ]
65 years and over: 2.6% (male 17,326/female 25,523) (2011 est.)
[see also: Age structure 65 years and over country ranks ]

Median age:
total: 17.7 years
[see also: Median age - total country ranks ]
male: 17.5 years
[see also: Median age - male country ranks ]
female: 17.9 years (2011 est.)
[see also: Median age - female country ranks ]

www.theodora.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
With all these young innocent lives at stake, why does Hamas continue to hurl rockets into Israel? What do they expect?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
update: 27 Palestinians - including 7 children - and 3 Israelis killed since Wednesday

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Harry on Presstv live now:
www.presstv.ir...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Those last two blasts were pretty close. Drone now flying nearby as well...and sounds like more explosions in the distance as well.

Hope Harry is somewhere safe doing what it is he's doing right now.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

When you put it into perspective, many major cities, Tokyo, New Deli, Mexico City, Sao Paolo, Seoul, have twice, sometimes, three times as many people in the same geographical area.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoyd23

Clearly this is being coordinated with the Egyptians.

Hamas is the Muslim Brotherhoods proxy in Israel. If Hamas is in danger of being removed from power, it becomes EXTREMELY LIKELY that the Egyptian Islamist's will get involved.

It's not about 'saving the people of Gaza'. They are nothing more than political pawns of the Islamist ideology. The Muslim Brotherhood plans on taking over Israel, on establishing the capital of a new Islamic caliphate in Jerusalem.

Hamas couldn't be anymore evil in what they're causing for their people. They know their rocket shooting is the cause of this debacle, yet, they will continue doing it, continue denying in official statements that this is the cause of the "death of innocent children". As if it were somehow justified for Israel NOT to respond, and to just incur rocket attacks at their city from a rogue state from the south which has no respect, no rudimentary level of decency, or legitimacy, as a ruling government; it's just a radical, bellicose entity that vocalizes their intent to destroy the Jewish state.

Israel seems to be preparing for a big-time ground campaign. Hopefully, this does not devolve into a situation in which the Egyptians can claim 'humanitarian intervention' to save the Palestinians. But you know once Israel enters Gaza, Hamas terrorists are going to be shooting from apartment buildings, probably telling the families to 'huddle up around the window' so as to maximize civilian casualties.

This is also a propaganda war, thanks to twitter and other social media. Hence, Israel will be DOCUMENTING each battle. They have hundreds of these camera men stationed within each unit. Since these are the tactics Hamas resorts to, Israel can justify themselves by later on showing what Hamas terrorists are doing.

These people are the devil incarnate. Not only wanting to destroy a Jewish state which wants nothing more than to be left alone, but avidly seeks to endanger the lives of palestinians - children especially (since they are 'rich' in propaganda value) in order to justify subsequent actions.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
NEW IDF VIDEO:

NOW those 5 residential buildings around this warehouse are at major risk of IDF attack...
Yet, if they don't destroy it then potentially this UAV can carry weapons to be dropped over Israel.

WHAT do you do if you're in charge? Bomb? Send in troops?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dhimmie

Many of us are only here to report updates,without hate or bias.
If some are not,blame only the few,not us all.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I forgot to look for this earlier! I happened to catch part of it in the car this morning. The CBC was actually allowing someone to tell some truth! I couldn't believe they didn't pull some trick like 'oops, lost our connection, heh heh heh'.

Ali Abunimah, Palestinian-American journalist and co-founder of Electronic Intifada; his part starts at about 8 min.

I haven't listened to the rest yet, the other guests, but I do know from his references that it was the usual Israeli line.

podcast.cbc.ca...

Here is the article that I tracked the link down from, which reports little to nothing of what he said.

"Launching a War on Twitter" www.cbc.ca...

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join