It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
BREAKING NEWS: GAZA UNDER FIRE Hamas says Israeli F16 warplane shot down over Gaza Strip

www.presstv.ir...

Pictures or it didn't happen!!

Better update, but Iranian source..

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudieallover

Been looking all feeds are down right now. Perhaps someone else can find one? As night falls they are sure to come back up.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudieallover
Harry fear is saying he received a report that the Israel military is saying they will not go along with a ground invasion because "the cost would be too great".

Is this true?

Cause if it is, I would love to be in Teheran right now... Wow so the "cost would be be too great" in gaza and yet israel talks about Iran? Seriously?

link   
Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:35PM GMT

Well certainly it shows that this Israeli defense system that they have tautened so much where they have Arrow and David’s Sling and then Iron Dome at the bottom this is not working very well and what it sets up is the pattern that we have seen in the past, say in 2006 where they could not stop the rockets so then they tried a land invasion and that gets them into even bigger trouble." A political analyst tells Press TV that the rockets reaching Tel Aviv show Israeli defense systems such as Arrow, David’s Sling and the Iron Dome are not working very well.

www.presstv.ir...

link   

Originally posted by spire

Originally posted by SajeevJino
Media propaganda

Mod Edit: Link correction - Jak
edit on 16/11/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

Got the YT link? Would love to see that video!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
From this Jpost story: www.jpost.com...

"Nevertheless, Hamas officials acknowledged Thursday that they are aware of the fact that it’s only a matter of time before the Egyptians manage to reach another cease-fire deal with Israel."

I'm just not sure how Israel can walk away from this now. Tel Aviv being targeted took it up a notch.... Jerusalem being targeted took us off the scale, surely? If they shy away from a ground invasion and settle for a cease-fire at this point it will be seen as pretty weak.....even considering they managed to kill a major Hamas leader.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
West Gaza being bombed. This was in the green zone, a supposedly safe place in Gaza.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

BREAKING NEWS: GAZA UNDER FIRE Hamas says Israeli F16 warplane shot down over Gaza Strip

www.presstv.ir...

Pictures or it didn't happen!!

Better update, but Iranian source..

www.presstv.ir...

"Hamas sources say an Israeli F-16 fighter jet has been downed "

Oh, ok I believe that

Anyway, guess will have to wait for a "real" news agency to report (with pictures) maybe CNN, FOX, MSNBC,ABC,NBC,CBS,BBC

Will find out sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Harry is in danger IMO-an explosion just happened nearby his location,he may be getting warned to leave cease and desist broadcasting by the Israelis...
Hope he is OK-he sure has some balls to stick around to continue reporting.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Harry fear is saying he received a report that the Israel military is saying they will not go along with a ground invasion because "the cost would be too great".

Is this true?

Cause if it is, I would love to be in Teheran right now... Wow so the "cost would be be too great" in gaza and yet israel talks about Iran? Seriously?

The Media says a lot of things that being said everything seems to be pointing in a different direction. From what I've been hearing it seems that Israel was surprised at the amount of resistance they are getting.
edit on 16-11-2012 by cloudieallover because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Is this true?

I think you're missing the point. If they go in, the cost doesn't necessarily have to be in lives, but stability of the region. Israel already has a target painted on their back from Egypt and Iran as well as several other Arab nations and to boot, the nuclear threat from Iran, I think they need to weigh their political position. They will need help from other nations if there is a strike on Iran but if they move ground forces into Gaza, this could escalate the region into a regional conflict.

This is a strategic move by Hamas knowing that what ever Israel doe's is a lose lose. Israel just need to weigh which loss still keeps them in a position of regional stability.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Moderation Note

The "I don't want to derail this thread but..." posts of the last two pages by either side of this fence have been removed. Please continue to keep this thread focused on events and facts and reduce the amount of ideological discussion. Any posts that do not adhere to the threads purpose will be removed and points deducted. Repeated offenses will result in a posting ban.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Harry is taking about a new locally made Palestinian rocket-the M75,with a range of 75km.
www.ustream.tv...
edit on 16/11/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
double post
edit on 16-11-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What did harry just say about a new kind of rocket? I didn't catch all of it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudieallover

He reks the Palestinians have just announced a new kid of diy rocket with a range of 75km(30 odd miles).
Do not know any more yet,or if its accurate.
edit on 16/11/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
rt feed apears to be back up and running.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Saw a tweet about that:

Alqassam Brigades
@AlqassamBrigade
Al Qassam: M75 missile,M stands for Maqadma, former Hamas founder assassinated by Israel in 2003, 75 stands for the range it reaches 75-80km

twitter.com

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Hmm,why have they announced this right now I wonder?
Intimidation?Or what?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yes, it seems they are having a battle on twitter also.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join