It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Not even sadam fired rockets at Jerusalem

# just got real

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by JamesGC

That'll be the ones just seen on the live feed.

Surprised at how close the Reuters cam was...maybe that's why the feed is gone, they're getting the hell out of there.

On Al Jazeera, the correspondent is explaining how when a rocket is fired there is usually a response shortly thereafter targetting the launch site . . . but they're not as accurate as they seem, sometimes being several hundred metres off target which in such an urban area is devestating.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
There should have been a cease fire brokered by the Egyptian MP 6 hours ago, but the attacks on Gaza have continued and retaliation attacks by Hamas have also continued.

Israeli troops and tanks moved toward the border of the Gaza Strip today and the government authorized the call-up of reservists as air strikes failed to halt the rounds of rockets being fired from the Hamas-controlled territory.

Everything is escalating very fast, protests in Egypt are turning more aggressive**

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

"Usually" artillery response will be two rounds. I heard the double thump of "rounds out" after the rocket launch and then the crack of impact. They fire two so as to "bracket" the target. Shrapnel plays a large part in the impact zone. If they are on target you get sprays from two different directions. Even "if" they are on target though, civilians are bound to be in the danger zone. That stuff scythes its way down streets and thru walls like butter.

Zing, Pweeeee!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
according to the hamas twitter

twitter.com...

they just shot down a ISRAELI WARPLANE

this is BIG

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by stinka
Not even sadam fired rockets at Jerusalem

# just got real

This really is a MAJOR development, folks. Israel is going to go in harder than anything we've seen before. They will not stand for Jerusalem being targeted like that. It was a game-changer. I can't even begin to imagine what is going to happen now.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Read it holy land protectors:
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Please dont derail the thread with that. I dont need to hear about every single kid that dies or woman or man. I just would like to see the news on the conflict.

----

Air raid siren in the capital precede rockets, after sirens sound in Tel Aviv for 2nd straight day; no injuries or damage reported in either attack; Hamas's armed wing claims responsibility for both attacks.

Seems hamas isnt causing to much damage yet. Of course, i am only seeing the news on the JP and Debka right now. They havent said anything about rockets hitting Jerusalem yet or the downed aircraft.

Right when i posted this, they updated their site with this.

A Gazan rocket landed north of Jerusalem on Friday evening, Channel 2 reported. There were no injuries and no damage reported.

www.jpost.com...
edit on 16-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stinka

Just got real?

Big difference between the 20 lb. warheads of short rang home made whiz bang and the bombs dropped from F16's which may be up to a thousand pounds or more.

David and Goliath threat, comparison wise.

The Palestinian unguided missiles "rain down" just outside Gaza. Ohhh, sirens sounding, oooh, pop goes the weasel.

Then Boooooom goes a whole neighborhood in Gaza. Comparing combatants in this slaughter of innocents is to my mind somewhat jaded.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

That makes for harsh reading, as a father if 3 with youngest of 7 months, that hit me hard

But Palestine are no better

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

great that was the one.

twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We should stay on subject like the OP wanted imho. Just news, no commentary.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Please deccal, any one of us could build a case to suit whatever agenda or side we support.

Fact is, both sides are guilty in some form or another and both sides are copping it badly.

Let's keep the rhetoric out of it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wisescarab

Some people are just joining the thread and so in the past pages how we have handled it is to courteously let them know as you did or if they continue we just ignore them and continue to bring updates.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bettybiggles
according to the hamas twitter

twitter.com...

they just shot down a ISRAELI WARPLANE

this is BIG

Alqassam Brigades ‏@AlqassamBrigade

#Israeli air force still hitting the place where warplane shot down to secure getting the wreckage of plane #Gaza #GazaUnderattack #Hamas

new update from your link

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Okay so they're saying the rockets struck 20km south of Jerusalem, in most likely open space/bushland/parkland.

Or so Al Jazerra is saying.

Getting close though.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Agreed, sorry

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by stinka

Just got real?

Big difference between the 20 lb. warheads of short rang home made whiz bang and the bombs dropped from F16's which may be up to a thousand pounds or more.

David and Goliath threat, comparison wise.

The Palestinian unguided missiles "rain down" just outside Gaza. Ohhh, sirens sounding, oooh, pop goes the weasel.

Then Boooooom goes a whole neighborhood in Gaza. Comparing combatants in this slaughter of innocents is to my mind somewhat jaded.

War is never a fair fight. Fair only comes to town once a year. One side will lose...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Have they actually hit Jerusalem or just near it?

If they've hit it, this all changes.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

A Gazan rocket landed north of Jerusalem on Friday evening, Channel 2 reported. There were no injuries and no damage reported.

www.jpost.com...
edit on 16-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join