It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 246
<< 243  244  245    247  248  249 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Not out of the woods yet. When looked at carefully, it sounds like Israel has agreed to nothing except lifting of fire for 72 hours.

Clock is ticking on both sides.

Time will tell if anything might happen after the 72 hours are over. I wonder what these 'talks' will be about? Israel won't give in to anything Hamas wants anyway.

Silly question, what do they mean with 'blockade' exactly? Is it something going on for a while or something new when Pillar of Defense started? I'm a little confused about that.

Did anyone else notice how often israeli officials mentioned 'Iran' in their speeches?

I'm gonna paste an interesting thought regarding Iran from someone I follow on Twitter (twitter.com...)

While your attention was on #Gaza, the rebels were winning in #Syria: www.foreignpolicy.com...

It may be an unintended consequence, and due to take place anyway, but the recent operation rended #Gaza from #Iran and gave it to #Egypt

#Gaza is no longer within #Iran's sphere of influence. It's within #Egypt's, which guarantees its cease fire. You know what this means?

It means that should the anticipated US-sanctioned Israeli strike on #Iran take place now, southern #Israel will probably be quiet.

The rebels are winning in #Syria, #Assad's regime is in trouble; another #Iran ally in the region is on its last leg...

And #Turkey got its Patriots missiles, a defensive move that anticipates something happening in (or to) #Syria and/or #Iran.

The drums of war are sounding in the Middle East and you'd be deaf not to hear them.

Putting all of this together I'd say #Israel's much talked about strike on #Iran is closer today than ever.

Hamas is no longer diplomatically isolated in the region. When you're an outcast no one cares what you do so you don't care either.

But now it's different, Hamas will have to start acting more like a government, and like a responsible regional player.

Khaled Mishal hinted to this when he said that it's time for Gaza to live like any other spot in the world.

And I think that "living like any other spot in the world" involves getting under Egypt's warm wing, and away from the Iranian connection.

Of course there are still real questions about #Israel's ability to do anything to #Iran's ability to march on with its program anyway.

@Turk4Syria Islamic Jihad headquarters were moved from Damascus to Iran recently, and the Fajr missiles came from Iran.

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

Thanks for your reply and that information from Twitter. Echoes similar sentiment about the current "trend". I will respond tomorrow in more depth about the blockade. It has been ongoing since the last time Israel squeezed Gaza 2008-2009 in Operation "Cast Lead".

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
by Harry Fear:

8 injured and 1 killed today in Israel near Khan Yunis (confirmed)

Photo of border area twitter.com...

The photo #previoustweet, shows the border area in question. Gazans went over the border to look at it, witnesses say.

Palestinian or Israeli territory? Not sure yet, but one Palestinian has been killed: Anwar Qudaih 20 years old #previoustweet

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
There are many tweets coming in about a possible new shooting by Israeli's; I thought at first they were refering to the incident from this morning, but I think it might be a new additional incident:

Expand
12m Ismaeil Mohaisen ‏@IsmaeilFadel
Ahmed Abu Mosameh died this morning from injuries sustained during the Israeli aggression in al-Maghazi neighborhood. RIP #Gaza

12m occupiedpalestine ‏@occpal
#BREAKING #GAZAUNDERATTACK | Anwar Qudaih 20 years old - SHOT DEAD near Khan Younis in GAZA ! via @IsmaeilFadel

arry Fear ‏@harryfear
Palestinian or Israeli territory? Not sure yet, but one Palestinian has been killed: Anwar Qudaih 20 years old #previoustweet

17m Harry Fear ‏@harryfear
The photo #previoustweet, shows the border area in question. Gazans went over the border to look at it, witnesses say.

19m Harry Fear ‏@harryfear
Photo of border area pic.twitter.com/BaCrzKRE

19m Harry Fear ‏@harryfear
8 injured and 1 killed today in Israel near Khan Yunis (confirmed)

Harry streaming: www.ustream.tv...=t.co&utm_source=12576643&utm_medium=social

*** to update: yesterday 4 injured , today 8 injured, 1 killed, waiting for details; not sure whether Israeli or Pal. territory

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Harry Fear ‏@harryfear
Confirmed: Gazan territory: 'Al-Faraheen Area of East Khan Yunis'

still streaming, waiting for more info

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
"Violating the cease fire Israel kills 20 yr old..."

occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Hey Zersch

A couple of us still up hey?

Bad news...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
"Violating the cease fire Israel kills 20 yr old..."

occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com...

Also according to RT. Though RT has it wrong when they call Harry a "journalist."
edit on 23-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Sources indicate it was a suicide bomber.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I'm up again, I live in Europe

but yea, bad news indeed, wonder what the next few hours will bring. An apology of Israel?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
hey Dragon, bruce

yeah, it's been reported by a few media sources now, I guess we'll see what happens...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
No, not yet at least. Harry said that he was trying to call the IDF spokesperson repeatedly, no answer.

edit to add:

Press TV www.presstv.ir...

and here, a Syrian journalist killed

www.presstv.ir...
edit on 23-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Israeli's dissatisfied with ceasefire

A POLL of Israelis shows about half think their government should have continued its military offensive against Palestinian militants in Hamas-ruled Gaza. The independent Maagar Mohot poll released on Friday shows 49 per cent of respondents feel Israel should have kept going after squads who fired rockets into Israel. Thirty one per cent supported the government's decision to stop. Twenty per cent had no opinion. Twenty nine per cent thought Israel should have sent ground troops to invade Gaza.

Although sample size was 503...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
For some reason I doubt the Cease fire will be broken.

Lets be honest here for a second the nature of the gaza 8 day war has been very strange.
Allot of damage was done yet no real big assault was made.

Then in the heat of the battle a truce was agreed. Out of the blue both parties agreed, and when u look at the agreement both Hamas nor IDF got what they asked for. So why a cease fire?

After 8 days of monitoring it 24/7 via all possible communication : Twitter, Ustream, RT, Reuters, Haartz.
It feels all to orchestrated to me.

So I doubt these following incidents will change anything.

Edit: On Harry as much as I "appreciated " his broadcasting, his an utter prick. I contacted him on different occasions asking what he was thinking of the situation and he never even replied once.

edit on 23-11-2012 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce
Sources indicate it was a suicide bomber.

What sources? Link?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
@senduko "It feels all to orchestrated to me."

Yes, it is very strange...

If Netanyahu has made himself look 'weak', or foolish, like at the UN, I can't help but think it serves some purpose and was entirely intentional...

edit on 23-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
same here, check the Twitter Posts I posted an hour ago, makes sense to the 'orchestrated' side.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

Indeed, its keeping me awake at night, I doesn't make any sense. Israel is a power player in the world its power stretches far beyond the middle east.

Why would he impose Israel as weak by this cease fire ( I'm not suggesting I don't like the ceasefire ).
Also Israel is after Iran, if the Iranian PM officially stated they where supplying both technical help as equipment to Hamas. Why give them the opportunity to do so.

Shrugs... I just err Now we have Morsi declaring himself supreme leader right after he brought peace.

edit on 23-11-2012 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Twitter is going insane about that guy shot at the border. A lot of Palestinians saying this breaks the truce between Gaza and Israel

@An0naym00se
irsahell killed a Palestinian hence breaking the truce. We all knew this would happen but sure. twitter.com...

Ellen ‏@Ellwynnnnn
Ah, I see Israel have broken the cease fire and killed a guy. Great. twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

top topics

<< 243  244  245    247  248  249 >>

join