It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 247
<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Isn't this provocation ? I mean if their throwing rocks

Not taking sides, just saying

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The Associated Press ‏@AP
Palestinian killed, nine others wounded by Israeli army gunfire near Gaza, but truce appears to hold: apne.ws...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
@zersch

Ah man...I understand they're angry...I just hope someone doesn't do something to make things worse, on either side...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I think Israeli are trying to provoke hamas into launching rockets again. A day of hamas rocket fire and then the Israelis can say 'look we tried being nice, now they are rocketing us again, we have got to go in'

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Not throwing rocks apparently

Man Killed by Israeli Fire

GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces killed a 20-year-old Palestinian man near the Israeli border in the southern Gaza Strip on Friday morning, medical officials said. Medics said Anwar Abdul Hadi Qudaih, 20, was hit in the head with a live bullet east of Khan Younis.

Witnesses told Ma'an a group of citizens were gathering to perform Friday prayer on their land near the border. A relative of the dead man, who was at the scene, told Reuters that Qudaih had been trying to place a Hamas flag on the fence. He added that an Israeli soldier had fired into the air three times before Qdeih was hit in the head by a bullet.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

why does this image

remind me of this

just with the roles reversed

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
israeli point of view: www.timesofisrael.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

There's always two sides to a story isn't there? At the end of the day, bloke got killed. Because of a fence.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
What the heck is on the reuters live feed ? Anyone ?
reuters.cdn.livestation.com...://medi a9.lsops.net/reuters&allowTransparency=true&allowfullscreen=true

Seems celebratory or protest of some kind?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
@senduko "It feels all to orchestrated to me."

Yes, it is very strange...

If Netanyahu has made himself look 'weak', or foolish, like at the UN, I can't help but think it serves some purpose and was entirely intentional...

edit on 23-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

Absolutely. You don't call up 75,000 reserves unless you have something planned. In my opinion, it started to look like Israel WASN'T going to invade Gaza just 2-3 after the air raids began....yet they carried on calling up huge numbers of reserves. Now all those troops have been activated it will be hard to spot any other pre-operation build up and movements. The question is why. Well, there are two problems looming for Israel: The Palestinians are going to bid for UN Observer status on the 29th (and it looks like they'll probably get it) which Israel is vehemently opposed to (I started a thread about it earlier...) and of course Iran. If they strike Iran they'll have to secure their borders and generally have a lot of manpower available to cover all eventualities. 75,000 troops would probably fit the bill quite nicely.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well isn't the a part of the job of Netanyahu to appear ' weak'? Or at least to paint
his country in the helpless, defenseless stance? I mean think about it.
We have to 'defend ' ourselves. That is not the aggressor, but the victim.
At the point the victim begins to look strong and powerful, then no one feels
SYMPATHY anymore and makes statements like ' defend ' yourself.
Possible ?
edit on 23-11-2012 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Also my super paranoid/ conspiracy brain is wondering about the timing of the ceasefire, especially if it '
was 'broken' over night. Peace and quiet and nothing to think about while folks stuffed their faces
and now the biggest shopping day of the year is here and everyone , who paid a tiny bit of attention,
thinks cease fire, its' all ok. Let's go spend tons of money and boost the economy and never
give a second thought to israel/gaza. Timing is everything and coincidence is dead, right?
And yes I get the whole world is not inside america, but it is curious how you distract the masses
with the left hand while the right hands pulls the plug . Right ?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
www.aljazeera.com...

Sorry if this was already posted.
An Israeli military spokeswoman said soldiers fired warning shots into the air to push back about 300 Palestinians who had gathered at different locations along the fence and who were attempting to breach the border.

"After the rioters did not comply, the soldiers responded by firing toward the legs of the rioters," she said.

So Israel says they did but it's not breaking cease fire ?

Also this may be what the live feed is about.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Breaching the wall is not an act of war ? Was Hamas standing behind them causing them charge the wall . Or were these people trying to get the hell out of Hamas controlled areas . I'm sure they are fed up with their captors .

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
yeah sorry if this has been posted but interesting video on www.ustream.tv...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ronnie6657

WOW. This is the actual incident ?
Nice find !

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

They are not alike in any way, except there are people and a fence. In the bottom image, someone is being kept in. In the top image, people are being kept out.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

I think it might be

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

why does this image

remind me of this

just with the roles reversed

Absolutely disgusting comparison.

The concentration camps were specifically built to systematically exterminate millions of Jews, Gypsies, and other minorities in Nazi Germany.

The fence separating Israel and Gaza is to prevent terrorists from infiltrating Israel and murdering civilians.

This is an update thread. Take your vile comments elsewhere.
edit on 23-11-2012 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

I'm back, and catching up after getting some sleep. Have been reading through the posts, and I have to say with this being my first time to ever see all this actually happen, and read about it, it all does seem very strange to me. It really makes you wonder what's really going on. I see things have taken a turn for the worse. I wish that fence could come down. I think that they should be able to cross over, especially if they mean no harm. My thoughts are with those that have lost, and continue to loose their friends, and family.

top topics

<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join