It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 245
<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wasn't this part of the " cease fire" ? Not going after Hamas anymore?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

They weren't going to bomb the hell out of them to get Hamas. They never said they wouldn't arrest those responsible for that bombing.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Senduko

They weren't going to bomb the hell out of them to get Hamas. They never said they wouldn't arrest those responsible for that bombing.

Several people were arrested in connection with the bombing. But at first, it was reported that it was an "act of a lone operator" who has "no links to any major groups."

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatrionaBeldame
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

I think a thread on Syria would be great if we could get one started. I wouldn't know where to start. I haven't really been following it much. Hopefully someone will make one.

I do too. Live webcams from Syria might be a little more difficult. Syria is not Gaza. The last time a live webcam came up from inside the war zone in Syria, it was in June of this year in Homms. The rebels were the ones producing it and they were targeted by Syrian artillery whenever they went live.

At the time in Homms the city was mostly empty as all the residents, fearful of the fighting (and the rebels brutality) fled the city as refugees. In order to make it appear that "Assad was shelling his own people", the "FSA" set up a camera and began broadcasting live on the internet, knowing full well that the Syrians would open fire on it in an effort to shut it down.

Here is video of that. You can see the artillery get closer and closer to the cameras position. The whole time the guy is saying something like, " I will remain on the air, and Assad is killing his people", stuff like that. I was on the site at the time and translators helped figure out what was going on there. I don't know what happened to the site, I lost interest when I discovered it was another ruse by the "rebels".

I do believe Syria is next. The weird thing about Israel allowing the webcams in Gaza is that they looked like bullies pounding little Gaza with excessive force they way they did. The whole world was watching and recoiled from it. Israel's rating has plummeted (again) in the worlds eye, so why did they do it?

Assad knows that it looks bad to destroy his own country while trying to defeat the rebels, so won't allow live cameras in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Homs has seen a lot of death and bombings by the Syrian government both in recent days, and back in February. As to not go off topic, I just started a thread about Homs, and what a citizen journalist, for that matter any journalist, risks going through everyday to bring us, for example, the live feeds in Gaza and for a brief period, Homs. I encourage everyone interested in the Gaza events to look at that thread and realize that Syrians have it 100 times worse.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Okay! I went ahead and started a thread about Syria:

Syria - Update and Information thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

I gave a hat tip to Nettlas for starting this thread and inspiring the same type of thread in regard to Syria and those that suggested it, and also Senduko for the comment which I posted "A good question holds more truth than an answer."

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Whoa! weird Dragonfire!

Your comment wasn't in as I was writing my post!

I guess I owe you a beer! lol

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

It sounds like Syria is much more dangerous than Gaza. I need to do some more research to get a better understanding of what's happening there. It's terrible that the residents had to leave their city. It's terrible that this seems to be happening in most places, it seems, not just Gaza, and Syria. I can understand the Syrians not wanting a camera there especially if the rebels are going to be doing things like that.

Very interesting video. I agree. They really did look like bullies. I don't know why they did, and it really makes no sense to me.

It's too bad that he wouldn't because then we could really see what was happening there. If he knows it's bad, I have to wonder why he would destroy his own country like that while trying to defeat the rebels.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Great thread to start. Thank you for doing it. I've often wondered about the dangers they faced, and being able to see what happened in Gaza helped me see that some. I'll be reading what you posted there.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Awesome. Thank you so much for doing that.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatrionaBeldame
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Great thread to start. Thank you for doing it. I've often wondered about the dangers they faced, and being able to see what happened in Gaza helped me see that some. I'll be reading what you posted there.

Indeed. Thanks for reading it. Often times, people forget about the journalists in conflicts like this. For without some of them, we would be completely clueless. What we were seeing in Gaza is because of journalists like these and not because of someone sitting behind a desk in a newsroom on Fox News
edit on 22-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CatrionaBeldame

If he knows it's bad, I have to wonder why he would destroy his own country like that while trying to defeat the rebels.

Because the only people left in Homs(spelling) at the time were the rebels. Its easy at that point to identify the enemy. Especially if they go live with a webcam.

To be true there were still some residents there hiding in basements. I believe about 800 families. Some guy from Syria told me that. They were to in-firmed or old or poor to leave so they stayed. Like in New Orleans before Katrina?

People in Gaza are imprisoned in the Strip. They have nowhere to run to. In Syria it's different. Turkey and Jordan are full of refugees from the fighting in Syria. The rebels are hiding in the cities and thats why Assad is pounding his own cities. I know nobody expects the rebels to gather out in the open in the country to be picked off.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I think Homs maybe, will end up like Gaza in that way...isolated, cut off from supplies, food etc. I think it's only a matter of time before some sections of the country end up surrounded, and others free. The powers in control, like in Gaza, like to stay in control, and they will do whatever it takes, even if it means killing everyone against them.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
JIDF ‏@JIDF
@netanyahu is investigating free expression of IDF soldiers who rightly call him a loser after cease fire ביבי לוזר pic.twitter.com/FpbdqNiJ twitter.com...

and

JIDF ‏@JIDF
@netanyahu the goal was to decimate the terrorists. they're already violating the ceasefire. how can you claim "victory?" @idfspokesperson twitter.com...
edit on 22-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well, this article is quite the mind#!

"As Israel-Gaza Charade Concludes,
West Pivots Back to Syria"

landdestroyer.blogspot.com...

"Egypt, Qatar, and Turkey, all in fact
partners with Israel and its Western
sponsors in the subversion and
overthrow of Syria, now have a
renewed popular mandate across
the Arab World, as a direct result of
Israel's premeditated, predictable
failure in Gaza."

I'm about half way through. It does seem to answer the questions a few in this thread had about why Israel is giving up so easily, which doesn't ring true somehow.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

It does seem to answer the questions a few in this thread had about why Israel is giving up so easily, which doesn't ring true somehow.

I was just thinking about that. I have only conjecture...

Why did Israel call up all those reservists? Some are on the Syrian border now. Maybe the whole thing is a ruse to distract us from the imminent push into Syria. After I heard that Turkey wanted (got?) Patriot missiles (another strategic set piece) and that Israel had called up 75,000 reservists but doesn't need them for Gaza...

hmmm.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I'm really trying to understand all this. Why not just let the rebels have Homs? Is that not possible? True, it is.

That's a lot of families. I don't understand why they couldn't be helped out of there. Surely they could have stopped fighting for a moment, and got those families out of there. Or is that just to much to ask?

True about Gaza. They aren't allowed to go anywhere. Why couldn't the refugees make a life in Turkey, and Jordan? It sounds to me like they are being made to put their lives on hold while Assad fights all this out with rebels that won't leave. No, that would be just to easy for the rebels to do that.

This really just doesn't sound fair at all to me what Assad's doing. These refugees, people, families, they don't deserve this life. They deserve something better.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CatrionaBeldame

True about Gaza. They aren't allowed to go anywhere.

Israel kept saying it wasn't targeting civilians. Ask yourself why didn't Israel let the people of Gaza out while they blew up the secret underground rocket factories?

Why couldn't the refugees make a life in Turkey, and Jordan?

They are refugees. They fled from the FSA, not Assad. They occupy huge camps with little to nothing except the clothes on their back. Too many for Turkey and Jordan to absorb. They are in limbo, without a home and becoming ever more desperate. Something you won't see in the Western Media. Google Syrian refugee camps or on YouTube.

It sounds to me like they are being made to put their lives on hold while Assad fights all this out with rebels that won't leave. No, that would be just to easy for the rebels to do that.

As long as the ammo and money from the west hold out. They are there to bleed Assad, they are not strong enough to take down the Syrian Government alone. They are only a thorn in his side. The Russians and Chinese vetoed the UN resolution to allow Nato to begin the same thing that happened in Libya. US, Nato bombers supporting the overthrow of Syria. So its the slow road now.

But stay tuned. Syria is up. Iran is on deck. Winter is a good time to start an offensive in the Middle East. Its cooler.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
By way of updating the Gaza thread. RT, today:

RT: Given the experience of previous ceasefires between Israel and Hamas – how long do you expect this to last?

Don DeBar: Well unfortunately earlier they had included the lifting of the blockade of Gaza in the peace agreement, and just here and now that is not the case. The reason for the entire extension of the hostilities – the precondition – has not been lifted, which is the starving of the 1.5 million people of Gaza by Israel illegally. So until that blockade is lifted, any act of violence that comes out of Gaza – as mild as they are, are really the acts of self defense from a people that are being starved to death. So until that precondition is removed, there should be no peace, and certainly there will not be.

rt.com...

So the delivery of bombs has stopped, but the delivery of food is still cut off?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
And Huffington, yesterday:

Israeli sources said Israel had agreed to a truce, but would not lift its blockade of the Palestinian territory, which is run by the Islamist Hamas movement.
---
Israel's best-selling Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper had reported an emerging outline of a ceasefire agreement that called for Egypt to announce a 72-hour ceasefire followed by further talks on long-term understandings.

Under the proposed document, which the newspaper said neither party would be required to sign, Israel would hold its fire, end attacks against top militants and promise to examine ways to ease its blockade of Gaza...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Not out of the woods yet. When looked at carefully, it sounds like Israel has agreed to nothing except lifting of fire for 72 hours.

Clock is ticking on both sides.

top topics

<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join