It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Says It "Will No Longer Tolerate Israel's Gaza Attacks"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Sissel

Mohamed Morsi is now leader of the country so has to be careful about what he says and the way he says it , it would make sense for him to use a mouthpiece to put across the more blunt statements so if needed he can distance himself from those statements .

This could turn into a dangerous situation given the current instability in Egypt , Morsi may feel the need to act tough against Israel to unite his country behind him .

edit on 14-11-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

Great, thank you very much for putting it that way. I do think that the entire world has their eyes on what stance Egypt will take along with the rest of what is going on there.

It's an extremely intense situation all the way around!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Why doesn't the Palestinian Authority ask some of the Arab nations to place a peace keeping force inside Gaza/West Bank or for that matter Palestinian held territory? At least this way Israel wouldn't be able to attack the Palestinians when they want and for that matter the Arab peace keepers would also be able to (hopefully) keep an eye on any Palestinian extremists.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The Egyptian government has it's hands full returning the Egyptian state to a functional entity.

Egypt has no great love for the Palestinians, their complaint is solely driven by ideologically antisemitism, which is the last thing the middle east needs more of (I'm just telling it how it is). Part of the reason Egypt has prospered in the last decades is rooted in Egypt's formal recognition of the Israeli state in 1978.

IMHO the Mohamed Morsi and the Egyptian Brotherhood are irresponsible and reckless in their attempts to "game" international diplomacy.

The post Mubarak Egyptian military are in no way prepared to engage the Israelis and they know it.

I don't see this being anything more than unnecessary rhetoric adding fuel to an already dangerous fire.

No matter where anyone stands on the Palestinian/Israeli situation, you have to agree that nothing is going to be accomplished while people are dying. Inflammatory rhetoric will serve no purpose other than to embolden both Hamas and the IDF to prolong the misery.

edit on 14-11-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Good

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just now on feed: www.ustream.tv...

"trying to get some verification on this"... "Israeli forces said to be dropping leaflets saying they are going to invoke a land invasion, land invasion imminent in Gaza"
edit on 14-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correct link

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Lest we forget the true victims of this madness ...

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Egypt has no great love for the Palestinians, their complaint is solely driven by ideologically antisemitism, which is the last thing the middle east needs more of (I'm just telling it how it is)

Telling it like it is ? No, you're wrong. It's all in your mind, seriously.
Egypt and all the Arab people care deeply about the Palestinians.

When you say "Egypt has no great love for the Palestinians", they're just plain Anti-Semite !
You just reduced an entire Country into ignorant racist people, wow !
Anti-Semite ?? The Egyptians are a whole lot more Semite than the majority of Israel's population,
Deny ignorance !
edit on 14-11-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Egypt has no great love for the Palestinians, their complaint is solely driven by ideologically antisemitism, which is the last thing the middle east needs more of (I'm just telling it how it is)

Telling it like it is ? No, you're wrong. It's all in your mind, seriously.
Egypt and all the Arab people care deeply about the Palestinians.

When you say "Egypt has no great love for the Palestinians", they're just plain Anti-Semite !
You just reduced an entire Country into ignorant racist people, wow !
Anti-Semite ?? They Egyptians are a whole lot more Semite than the majority of Israel's population,
Deny ignorance !

Are you denying that Egypt has repeatedly closed its borders with Gaza in the interests of state security or that the leaders of the current Egyptian administration openly express antisemitic beliefs?

I have no problem providing multiple sources to support my statement, so yes, I am just telling it how it is.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This sounds more constructive.....

Both Israel and Hamas sent signals to each other via Egypt that they would hold their fire unless attacked, after five days of mounting violence.

An official involved in the Egyptian mediation confirmed both sides were ready to stop.

“The message was clear, and Israel too told Egypt they were not interested in escalation if rocket firing stopped. The situation now is calm for calm and I hope it does not deteriorate,” the official told Reuters.

The tacit truce arrested an escalation, but did not completely stop the violence or the rhetoric, as Israel continued to promise that it would defend its citizens.

Egypt mediates tacit truce on Gaza border

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What happens in Gaza is none of Egypts business. Looks like the Muslim Brotherhood is looking for an excuse to go to war with Israel. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. From the very first day that the Muslim Brotherhood took over Egypt they have made it very clear that this is what they intended to do.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

The only reason the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt gives a damn about Gaza is Muhammad Morsi will lose his beachead when his 1 million "martyrs" are called up to retake Jerusalem and make it their capitol. Any one of the surrounding islamic ruled nations could easily take the palestinians in as their own people, because they are their own people, but they wont. Why? Because this "palestinian" stuff is a farce and those other islamic regimes are just using them for cannonfodder and those people are dumb enough to go along with it. That land hasn't been holy from the start, it's a blood soaked battleground cursed with the knack to get millions of people killed for no good reason at all other than someone else who thinks it's holy wants to possess it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
...... Are you denying that Egypt has repeatedly closed its borders with Gaza in the interests of state security or that the leaders of the current Egyptian administration openly express antisemitic beliefs?

but they keep those smuggling tunnels open. How else can they smuggled in 9 foot long Grad rockets?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by davcwebb

The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt has decided to weigh in on Israel's recent bombing today in Gaza. According to their spokesmen, Egypt can no longer straddle the fence between being a pro-US entity while watching Israel kill its Palestinian brothers. It certainly seems like things are melting down in the region as expected with Israel's "aggressive" military maneuvers today.

I don't know about you, but Egypt's further entrance into the Israeli boiling pot will only make things exponentially worse in the region. Talk about escalation...

First of all is this a blog, or an article, and can you explain how "Zero Hedge," is an appropriate source for this kind of information?

edit on 14-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

Kinda missed the Herald Sun article didn't you?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

Kinda missed the Herald Sun article didn't you?

I must have. When was it dated, and do you have a link, if you could be so kind?

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
3rd man in is a major penalty, 5 minutes I think

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Egypt's not gonna do diddly they are talking hard to appease the radical musliim brotherhood.
Here's an idea why doesnt Egypt open their borders to the palestinians and everyone carrying a rocket cant go. This way all that would be left is hamas and Israel can then level the place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join