Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Egypt Says It "Will No Longer Tolerate Israel's Gaza Attacks"

page: 1
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   


The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt has decided to weigh in on Israel's recent bombing today in Gaza. According to their spokesmen, Egypt can no longer straddle the fence between being a pro-US entity while watching Israel kill its Palestinian brothers. It certainly seems like things are melting down in the region as expected with Israel's "aggressive" military maneuvers today.

I don't know about you, but Egypt's further entrance into the Israeli boiling pot will only make things exponentially worse in the region. Talk about escalation...

Herald Sun Article

Blog/Article




The ball is now in Israel's court. Because while the small country may be willing to engage three regional powers at the same time, one wonders if going full retard and adding Egypt to the countries provoked will be something even Israel is willing to do.


edit on 11/14/12 by davcwebb because: (no reason given)
edit on 11/14/12 by davcwebb because: (no reason given)




posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by davcwebb

The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt has decided to weigh in on Israel's recent bombing today in Gaza. According to their spokesmen, Egypt can no longer straddle the fence between being a pro-US entity while watching Israel kill its Palestinian brothers. It certainly seems like things are melting down in the region as expected with Israel's "aggressive" military maneuvers today.

I don't know about you, but Egypt's further entrance into the Israeli boiling pot will only make things exponentially worse in the region. Talk about escalation...


First of all is this a blog, or an article, and can you explain how "Zero Hedge," is an appropriate source for this kind of information?


edit on 14-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel
 


I'm not familiar with Zero Hedge. It looks like an article that was written by Tyler Durden. It was the first source I saw on this topic so I started a discussion about Egypt's stance about Israeli attacks. If you read it, he cites his references with quotes used, i.e. english.alarabiya.net...



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by davcwebb

The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt has decided to weigh in on Israel's recent bombing today in Gaza. According to their spokesmen, Egypt can no longer straddle the fence between being a pro-US entity while watching Israel kill its Palestinian brothers. It certainly seems like things are melting down in the region as expected with Israel's "aggressive" military maneuvers today.

I don't know about you, but Egypt's further entrance into the Israeli boiling pot will only make things exponentially worse in the region. Talk about escalation...


First of all is this a blog, or an article, and can you explain how "Zero Hedge," is an appropriate source for this kind of information?


edit on 14-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)


If you read the blog properly, you'll see a AP link. Is AP good enough for you ?

President Mohammed Mursi ordered Egypt’s ambassador to Israel to return home after the latest Israeli strike that killed a Hamas figure in Gaza. (AP)



Meanwhile, Egypt’s Islamist Freedom and Justice Party, formerly headed by Mursi, said on Wednesday Egypt would no longer stand by as Israel attacked Palestinians after air strikes killed a Hamas leader.


Islamist Mursi recalls Egypt’s ambassador to Israel over Gaza



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by davcwebb
reply to post by Sissel
 


I'm not familiar with Zero Hedge. It looks like an article that was written by Tyler Durden. It was the first source I saw on this topic so I started a discussion about Egypt's stance about Israeli attacks. If you read it, he cites his references with quotes used, i.e. english.alarabiya.net...



Interesting, because I didn't come to the same conclusion as the Durden guy did from the other article you linked. I believe it says that Egypt recalled it's embassador, and that the Muslim brotherhood was asking Egypt for help. (sorry can't open 2 windows here to copy and paste)

I think Durden over embellished.....just a tad if not re-wording the whole article. People really need to take a look at both.



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by davcwebb

The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt has decided to weigh in on Israel's recent bombing today in Gaza. According to their spokesmen, Egypt can no longer straddle the fence between being a pro-US entity while watching Israel kill its Palestinian brothers. It certainly seems like things are melting down in the region as expected with Israel's "aggressive" military maneuvers today.

I don't know about you, but Egypt's further entrance into the Israeli boiling pot will only make things exponentially worse in the region. Talk about escalation...


First of all is this a blog, or an article, and can you explain how "Zero Hedge," is an appropriate source for this kind of information?


edit on 14-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)




Zerohedge is a website that uses reliable sources and always gives a reference to the source/s of information.



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9


If you read the blog properly, you'll see a AP link. Is AP good enough for you ?


Yes and no. See my post above because you replied while I was reading it.

It's not uncommon for an embassador to be recalled, and the other person speaks for all of Egypt's government?

Like I say, I think Durden over embellished.



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
its about time someone sticks up for them
the rest of the world and most arab nations do nothing to protect the palestinians from this slaughter



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel
 


Here's another link
Egypt will no longer tolerate attacks

About time too !



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Sissel
 


Here's another link
Egypt will no longer tolerate attacks

About time too !


Yes, BUT, did you notice who is saying this?


The FJP, the political arm of the powerful Muslim Brotherhood movement formerly headed by President Mohamed Morsi, said Israeli air strikes that killed top militant Ahmed al-Jaabari in Gaza earlier on Wednesday required "swift Arab and international action to stop the massacres". The party, which fielded Morsi in a June election to replace toppled president Hosni Mubarak, said Israel "must take into account the changes in the Arab region and especially Egypt".


It's an ARM OF THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD....SO NOT NECESSARILY SPEAKING FOR EGYPT!!!!!



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex
 


Thanks for the new link. It wasn't available prior to my posting.



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Sissel
 


Here's another link
Egypt will no longer tolerate attacks

About time too !


Yes, BUT, did you notice who is saying this?


The FJP, the political arm of the powerful Muslim Brotherhood movement formerly headed by President Mohamed Morsi, said Israeli air strikes that killed top militant Ahmed al-Jaabari in Gaza earlier on Wednesday required "swift Arab and international action to stop the massacres". The party, which fielded Morsi in a June election to replace toppled president Hosni Mubarak, said Israel "must take into account the changes in the Arab region and especially Egypt".


It's an ARM OF THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD....SO NOT NECESSARILY SPEAKING FOR EGYPT!!!!!



Do you really believe that Mohamed Morsi has dropped the Muslim Bortherhood like a hot potato???

It would be naive to think that Mohamed Morsi is not influenced by the MB... He was the head of the organisation!



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Sissel
 


Here's another link
Egypt will no longer tolerate attacks

About time too !


This is the person who is currently THE PRIME MINISTER:

www.cbc.ca... ml


The designation of Hesham Kandil on Tuesday comes nearly a month after President Mohammed Morsi, of the Muslim Brotherhood, was sworn in as Egypt's first freely elected civilian president — a reflection of the difficulties he has had in putting together an administration.


Furthur more he was:


Morsi had promised to pick someone from outside the Brotherhood to lead a unity government that would include other political factions. Kandil does not have any affiliation to Islamist groups or any political parties, state TV said. Kandil is believed to be religious on a personal level, wearing a light beard and interspersing his past comments to the press with religious references.


HE HAS NO AFFILIATION TO ISLAMIST GROUPS!



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

Do you really believe that Mohamed Morsi has dropped the Muslim Bortherhood like a hot potato???

It would be naive to think that Mohamed Morsi is not influenced by the MB... He was the head of the organisation!


I didn't say that.



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel
 


You don't think they have a voice in Egypt?? What planet do you hail from??? The Muslim Brotherhood is the most powerful political force in Egypt. Come'on man... seriously.



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by davcwebb
reply to post by Sissel
 


You don't think they have a voice in Egypt?? What planet do you hail from??? The Muslim Brotherhood is the most powerful political force in Egypt. Come'on man... seriously.


That's Ma'am to ya! I am not denying that, however, I think the announcement needs to come from the top before we can jump to conclusions.

By the way, I am all for them "not standing by." I just want a more confirmed voice to say so, is my point.



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Tyler Durden AKA the main character in the movie Fight Club and his picture is next to the name in the article.

Not bashing your sources, but I have to be leary just from that at the beginning.

On topic, it can't really be a shock to anyone that Egypt would be anti-Isreal seeing as how the MB are in charge.



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
live ustream feed from Gaza, more info in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...


ustream feed: Operation Pillar of Cloud

www.ustream.tv...=www.facebook.com&utm_source=12576643&utm_medium=social


edit to add:

*note: just reported on feed, "US has offered full support to Israel for Operation Pillar of Cloud"
edit on 14-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel
 


Mohamed Morsi is now leader of the country so has to be careful about what he says and the way he says it , it would make sense for him to use a mouthpiece to put across the more blunt statements so if needed he can distance himself from those statements .

This could turn into a dangerous situation given the current instability in Egypt , Morsi may feel the need to act tough against Israel to unite his country behind him .

edit on 14-11-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
Tyler Durden AKA the main character in the movie Fight Club and his picture is next to the name in the article.

Not bashing your sources, but I have to be leary just from that at the beginning.

On topic, it can't really be a shock to anyone that Egypt would be anti-Isreal seeing as how the MB are in charge.




Dude... he uses the avatar of Tyler Durden so he can remain anonymous. If you take the time to look through more Zerohedge articles you will find that they are all well sourced and referenced.





new topics

top topics



 
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join