It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do States Actually Have The Right To Secede? - Ben Swann -

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

If your implication is that you've somehow 'handed it to me' you're deluding yourself. Do you not remember the militia movement in the 90s? That was racially motivated right? No - that was a response to the governments heavy handed tactics with Waco and Ruby Ridge. It was a much smaller response to perceived government encroachment.

Today, with the Patriot Act, National Defense Authorization Act, the agencies under Homeland Security, Fast and Furious, imperialistic military adventures, increasing taxes, encroachment of the Federal Government upon states rights, the complete disregard for Constitutionally mandated obligations (Congress passing a budget), the Presidents execution of a 16 year old American citizen in Yemen, handing US prisoners off to foreign countries for torture etc etc etc, people are finally becoming aware of the injustices bestowed upon them and, though it may not be serious, have posted a gesture of their disdain online.

And with all of these different reasons to mix and match and choose from, you attribute it to the most base thing - racism. I will not deny that you could find someone on that list who is racist. But I would contend that the vast majority are going to cite a more cerebral reason than your pessimistic outlook upon your fellow citizens.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join