It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Brother is Getting Death Threats From Trained Killers!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Sound like another little kid needing attention so badly he will post some BS on vets day. Any attention is good attention I guess. Gee OP... didnt mom pet your brother enough or something??

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
i don't think they are really going to track your brother down they aren't going to ruin there military careers for one ignorant comment.

they are angry at the comment and are retaliating with threats, cant say i blame them tbh

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

I agree, a lot of who we are as a nation, our heritage was always the War Machine. As our parents and grand parents served so do the children....following in the footsteps of those that came before.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You are absolutely correct- he does have the right to express his opinion. Also, the death threat responses are actually illegal if he feels he is threatened in reality. It is assault. The responders do not have the right to express themselves by verbalizing death threats. That being said, it was rather foolish of him to stir up this kind of trouble.

For example, I have the right to express myself by walking into the middle of a street and yelling a racist remark in a neighborhood of that particular race. I, like your brother would then have to deal with the consequences of that decision.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If your brother wants to troll for reactions like this he should probably go to 4chan. i cant imagine it will look good when future employers look at his page and see status updates such as that. hope he never tries to run for any type of political office because even in 50 years people will still be able to see that.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake

Originally posted by tvtexan
These people making threats are no different than Muslims who believe they have the right to kill people if they post an offensive picture of Mohammed!

Is comparing our solders to terrorists really the proper way to go about this?

Who said anything about terrorists?

I don't agree with what that dude wrote but does that give any current or former servicemen/women the right to threaten to kill him?

His words are protected by the constitution, assualt and battery or murder are not.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
wanna know what I think?
gear up and be ready to kill them back IN THE EVENT is happens.
I am sided right there with your brother,honestly though I wanna know how his FB status got shared in the way it did?did one of your bro's friends or something think it would be funny?or did someone else he add have a hand in it?
People in the Military think they are above Civilians somehow,idiots.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Empty threats, Don't take them too seriously and it's a bit too early to worry.

Now at least he knows what kind of response he'll receive, hopefully he learns his lesson.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MastaShake

What a horrible thing to say
.....everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Maybe his brother could have used a little more tact when he voiced his, but if these soldiers are as respectable as the world thinks they are.....they would NEVER threaten a civilians life. It's just plain wrong.

A simple: " let's agree to disagree " might have been the right way to go with it....

And YOU.....you certainly have no right saing his brother "deserves it" or blame his brother if anything happens to his family! If anything....it's that soldier ( should he do anything ) who would be at fault. He should keep his gun in his holster! And perhaps keep his temper in check. He's a trained killer whereas this guys brother is just a regular Joe! Hardly seems like a fair match to me.....it's plain, old-fashioned bullying if you ask me!

For shame!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm in the military and I'm not offended by that post.
I neither want or need anyone's support.

I don't support any of the wars we've gotten ourselves into over the last 60 years or so either.
I wouldn't blame the troops though. Most have been brainwashed by their televisions into thinking they are actually defending America's freedom.

I know better, but I'm in the military. It's what I do. Bakers bake, artists paint, and Marines fight battles.

Your brother should.have expected the flack he's getting, but I wouldn't be worried about your safety. Lots of people talk big on the internet, even soldiers.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

These people making threats are no different than Muslims who believe they have the right to kill people if they post an offensive picture of Mohammed!

Absolutely 100% correct

If you volunteer to go overseas and defend our right to free speech, do not come home and threaten those who exercise it.

I have close friends who are vets of Iraq and Afghanistan in their 20s/early 30s. They don't agree with what's going on over there and neither do I

This responses in this thread are ridiculous

link   

Originally posted by MastaShake

Is comparing our solders to terrorists really the proper way to go about this?

Who said anything about terrorists?

I don't agree with what that dude wrote but does that give any current or former servicemen/women the right to threaten to kill him?

His words are protected by the constitution, assualt and battery or murder are not.

muslims who kill people because their religion was offended are terrorists. unless your implying that any ordinary muslim would murder someone because they trash talk their prophet.

And if cops took every "death threat" sent over facebook seriously a majority of highschool students would currently be in prison. he was fishing for attention. like i said before, the only reason he posted this on veterans day was to get an angry response to try and justify his hate for the military. you cant go poking at a hornets nest and expect to not get stung

link   

even though he said eff both sides, and i was there when he posted the status?

i see how it could seem that way however.

but i assure you that WAS NOT the case, veterans day was just the catalyst, i mean its a day that we celebrate wars and the men that fight them.

i'm not saying the military has NEVER done any good, i mean, something had to be done about the Nazis.

but can you really justify the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? they are based on nothing.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

but when 90% of the posters are threatening to take his life over words?

these are military people. they should know better.

and yes, there has been physical documentation of everything said over the FB posts.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

Aside from the fact he was talking about the "terrorists" as well as american troops.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I'm not trying to justify the wars because its obvious to just about everyone that they were unwarranted. but the wars are not the solders fault. Insulting them because of the wars is like going after bank tellers because the economy crashed

link   
reply to post by Advantage

yeah, good one. resort to personal attacks.

what a class act.

link   
reply to post by magicalearth

so ignore the fact that the have three adresses narrowed down and and KNOW we live in florida?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The guy did not threaten anyone.
He posted his feelings on FB.

Then a some people got offended and started threatening him bodily harm.

So who is breaking the law here?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You say he's reciving death threats but the only "threat" you posted was of someone saying they would beat his ass. thats hardly a death threat. i really doubt that 90% of the people replying to your brother are saying "i'm going to kill you"

If you were really scared for your safety you would be reporting this to the police, not trying to stir up more hate for our troops.
edit on 13-11-2012 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join